Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mikel Arteta tests positive 22:29 - Mar 12 with 6221 viewsJ2BLUE

Football gets nearer and nearer being suspended/cancelled.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 22:32 - Mar 12 with 5403 viewslowhouseblue

if the government is right and the peak is still 12 weeks off then it's hard to see how the football leagues conclude.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 22:37 - Mar 12 with 5340 viewsSitfcB

Premier League calling an emergency meeting tomorrow.

Surely if they stop then the EFL will stop.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 22:59 - Mar 12 with 5167 viewsmonytowbray

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 22:37 - Mar 12 by SitfcB

No chance sport is going to carry on at this rate.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:00 - Mar 12 with 5157 viewsFreddies_Ears

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 22:37 - Mar 12 by SitfcB

I wouldn't be shocked if EFL decide to play this weekend's games - so many clubs are at risk of financial ruin if they lose home gates.
Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:02 - Mar 12 with 5144 viewsGuthrum

People in higher-level football are vulnerable to infection, being frequent international travellers and associating with others who are, increasing their exposure from multiple sources.

One would imagine business people and diplomats to be the same.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:07 - Mar 12 with 5116 viewsMercian

I was thinking of something wise to say but the best I can come up with is "Oh crap" I think we are going to have to ride this one out.
Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:09 - Mar 12 with 5095 viewsStokieBlue

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 22:59 - Mar 12 by monytowbray

No chance sport is going to carry on at this rate.

All sport in the US has been cancelled.

Don't really see how it can continue in this country - the arguments against closing the schools don't hold with regards to sporting events.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:12 - Mar 12 with 5063 viewsMercian

Will they annul or postpone?
Login to get fewer ads

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:13 - Mar 12 with 5062 viewsSpruceMoose

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:09 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

Don't really see how it can continue in this country - the arguments against closing the schools don't hold with regards to sporting events.

SB

Office closed today until the end of the month. Realistically could be even longer.

Supermarket today was as busy as Christmas eve. A growing concern I have is the ability of people to behave with civility and responsibility in the face of this coming crisis.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 23:13]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:17 - Mar 12 with 5026 viewsgiant_stow

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:12 - Mar 12 by Mercian

Will they annul or postpone?

They could isolate, then seal off playing squads (plus families??) and restart in empty stadiums?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:18 - Mar 12 with 5018 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:13 - Mar 12 by SpruceMoose

Office closed today until the end of the month. Realistically could be even longer.

Supermarket today was as busy as Christmas eve. A growing concern I have is the ability of people to behave with civility and responsibility in the face of this coming crisis.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 23:13]

From my cold dead hand moosey...good luck!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:18 - Mar 12 with 5015 viewsFtnfwest

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:17 - Mar 12 by giant_stow

They could isolate, then seal off playing squads (plus families??) and restart in empty stadiums?

Get down to the Winchester and let it all blow over
Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:20 - Mar 12 with 5001 viewsSpruceMoose

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:18 - Mar 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

From my cold dead hand moosey...good luck!

Don't you worry matey, I brought my cricket bat with me, the Americans won't have seen anything like that! Six!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:21 - Mar 12 with 4991 viewsjeera

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:18 - Mar 12 by Ftnfwest

Get down to the Winchester and let it all blow over

Instead of staying in a [locked] relatively safe, 4th floor/storey flat.

That, in an otherwise pretty spot on factually accurate film, was the bit that made no sense to me.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:44 - Mar 12 with 4840 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:02 - Mar 12 by Guthrum

People in higher-level football are vulnerable to infection, being frequent international travellers and associating with others who are, increasing their exposure from multiple sources.

One would imagine business people and diplomats to be the same.

I expect they're more likely to be tested too

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:57 - Mar 12 with 4793 viewsMercian

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:20 - Mar 12 by SpruceMoose

Don't you worry matey, I brought my cricket bat with me, the Americans won't have seen anything like that! Six!

Are cricket bats effective against viruses? You should let someone high up know mate.
Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:59 - Mar 12 with 4791 viewsvapour_trail

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:44 - Mar 12 by Swansea_Blue

I expect they're more likely to be tested too

Completely. They’re all getting the test. It’s much more prevalent than we know.

This also means the mortality rate is significantly lower.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 00:01 - Mar 13 with 4784 viewsjeera

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:57 - Mar 12 by Mercian

Are cricket bats effective against viruses? You should let someone high up know mate.

It's a little known fact that linseed oil kills most germs dead in their tracks.

And if it's still a bit damp following application, those it doesn't kill outright, get stuck and trapped for eternity like that mosquito from Jurassic Park, in an amber tinted shell.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 00:13 - Mar 13 with 4740 viewsGuthrum

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:59 - Mar 12 by vapour_trail

Completely. They’re all getting the test. It’s much more prevalent than we know.

This also means the mortality rate is significantly lower.

Except that the majority of people are in the early stages of the illness, either when symptoms are first appearing or before. We don't yet know the eventual severity of all those cases.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 00:23 - Mar 13 with 4706 viewsvapour_trail

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 00:13 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

Except that the majority of people are in the early stages of the illness, either when symptoms are first appearing or before. We don't yet know the eventual severity of all those cases.

True.

What’s your sense of China though compared to the stats proffered at the uk press conference this afternoon and potential uk casualties. In China, the worst affected country to date, there have been just under 81,000 cases to date out of a population of 1.3 billion, that's 0.006%.

Yesterday, Wednesday, there were only 15 new cases in the whole of mainland China.

China has been very robust in quarantining however. The uk is increasingly, an extreme outlier in terms of national response to this crisis.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 06:35 - Mar 13 with 4475 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 23:09 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

SB

Seems bizarre that at present all football isn’t to be cancelled when there’s a sense of inevitably that it will be at some point. Just cancel it.
Mikel Arteta tests positive on 06:50 - Mar 13 with 4427 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 00:23 - Mar 13 by vapour_trail

True.

What’s your sense of China though compared to the stats proffered at the uk press conference this afternoon and potential uk casualties. In China, the worst affected country to date, there have been just under 81,000 cases to date out of a population of 1.3 billion, that's 0.006%.

Yesterday, Wednesday, there were only 15 new cases in the whole of mainland China.

China has been very robust in quarantining however. The uk is increasingly, an extreme outlier in terms of national response to this crisis.

I was reading that

1. A western democracy couldn’t take the sort of measures introduced in China

2. By going into complete lockdown the Chinese population aren’t building up any immunity which will be catastrophic when the virus returns again in December.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 07:00 - Mar 13 with 4364 viewsTractorWood

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 00:13 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

There are so many unknowns. It seems those in the UK more likely to be tested are starting to show up as positive.

The government announced yesterday that it is only testing in hospitals from today which is actually a reasonable change of position. It means people with mild symptoms have to stay at home and whether it's covid or other illness is irrelevant as the advice is the same, assuming the symptoms remain mild.

To me this means the Government is gearing up from its real impact being on the horizon to it being on the doorstep.

The Prem will clearly get suspended today. Wider football league is likely to follow suit. I think the Government will look a bit silly when this happens and they will impose further restrictions.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 7:08]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 07:02 - Mar 13 with 4355 viewshype313

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 06:50 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

I was reading that

1. A western democracy couldn’t take the sort of measures introduced in China

2. By going into complete lockdown the Chinese population aren’t building up any immunity which will be catastrophic when the virus returns again in December.

Think your second point is where we are as a nation, it's quite clear they want/need the majority to get infected over a longer period of time to then build immunity, so when it does come around again, hopefully it won't be as catastrophic or we will have found a vaccine.

It's a gamble, no one really knows if it's the right thing to do or not, clearly they are trying to hold of lock down until the peak.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 07:31 - Mar 13 with 4250 viewsBloomBlue

Football will cancel itself I believe. Scotland is banning events of 500+ people not to stop the spread of the virus but because you need public services in attendance at those type of events and those people have better things to focused on.
Football's problem is players catching it and the whole first team being in self isolation, games will continue to be cancelled which I believe will result in the football authorities having to null and void this season.

Lucky Norwich
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024