Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick sure did hold us together 19:24 - Mar 7 with 8545 viewsr2d2

Shows how much Mick kept us safely in the championship with no money. That man did wonders when you see the shambles now. I bet the numbskulls feel stupid now. How the hell being in this league is better beats me. But some believed it was. Unbelievable.
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:25 - Mar 7 with 3814 viewspointofblue

He's gone. He's been gone for nearly two years. Give it a bloody rest.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:28 - Mar 7 with 3795 viewsr2d2

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:25 - Mar 7 by pointofblue

He wouldn't have us in this mess. Dont see anyone coming up with any answers to out problems now.
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:28 - Mar 7 with 3796 viewsOxford_Blue

Yes. And you’ve dared to question the judgment of our fans. The same fans - or a section - who are adamant that the club would be better off without the only person in the world right now who is willing to spend six million - yes, six million - just to keep the club going and that “someone” will magically appear who will spend that six million plus tens of millions on new players.
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:31 - Mar 7 with 3763 viewsr2d2

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:28 - Mar 7 by Oxford_Blue

Yes. And you’ve dared to question the judgment of our fans. The same fans - or a section - who are adamant that the club would be better off without the only person in the world right now who is willing to spend six million - yes, six million - just to keep the club going and that “someone” will magically appear who will spend that six million plus tens of millions on new players.

If he spends 6 million. Its a figure put about. But no one knows what he really puts in. Probably half that.
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:32 - Mar 7 with 3755 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:25 - Mar 7 by pointofblue

Correct.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:32 - Mar 7 with 3755 viewspointofblue

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:28 - Mar 7 by r2d2

He wouldn't have us in this mess. Dont see anyone coming up with any answers to out problems now.

Well obviously the answer is harping back to 2018 and attacking anyone who dared to think Mick's time at the club had come to an end. That will magically solve all our issues and get us in the Premier League in next to no time.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:33]

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:33 - Mar 7 with 3746 viewsMattinLondon

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:28 - Mar 7 by Oxford_Blue

ME brought the club as he thought promotion would happen quickly and he’ll be able to sell at a massive profit.

He ploughs in the bare minimum just to prevent the club from free falling - the club is dying a short death under his ownership. For a successful businessman he seems somehow to make bad decision after bad decision.

Sure six million sounds a lot but in terms of professional football it’s not.
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:33 - Mar 7 with 3743 viewsTheBoyBlue

We were stagnant with Mick. There was no hope of anything changing. It was time for him to go. I think most realised that there was a chance things would get worse, but also a chance things might get better. Sadly they've got worse (and much worse at that) but that is because of the decisions taken post-Mick, not getting rid of Mick who wasn't going to be around forever and likely would've gone when the Ireland job came up anyway.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:34 - Mar 7 with 3724 viewsSwansea_Blue

And correct too.

He did very well with hte cards he was dealt. But Mick's time was up (rightly or wrongly, there was no wa he could continue). The challenge was always going to be replacing hime. Evans failed that challenge horrendously, again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:36 - Mar 7 with 3711 viewsr2d2

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:33 - Mar 7 by MattinLondon

ME brought the club as he thought promotion would happen quickly and he’ll be able to sell at a massive profit.

He ploughs in the bare minimum just to prevent the club from free falling - the club is dying a short death under his ownership. For a successful businessman he seems somehow to make bad decision after bad decision.

Thing is Evans is worth a lot more now than when he came in. Yet the club is in a much worse position. I dont get why he stays? How is it beneficial. Sell it for a pound, get out, cut his losses. He wont be paying anything out then. He will lose nothing then. Makes no sense.
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:36 - Mar 7 with 3711 viewsOxford_Blue

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:33 - Mar 7 by MattinLondon

Actually Evans is doing the sensible thing. He is supporting one of his businesses to keep it going and allowing a reasonable environment for lambert to deliver (high wage budget and ability to bring in some players) yet he’s not prepared any longer to throw away and waste the kind of money that he gave to previous managers. That’s fine - it’s his money and his business. He also probably doesn’t have tens of millions in cash lying around. He’s had a lot of bad luck.
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:36 - Mar 7 with 3714 viewsTrequartista

I'm usually one for reasoned debate but i've answered this one so many times i'm just going to say what utterly nonsensical logic from now on and leave it at that.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:38 - Mar 7 with 3672 viewsMattinLondon

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:36 - Mar 7 by Oxford_Blue

Actually Evans is doing the sensible thing. He is supporting one of his businesses to keep it going and allowing a reasonable environment for lambert to deliver (high wage budget and ability to bring in some players) yet he’s not prepared any longer to throw away and waste the kind of money that he gave to previous managers. That’s fine - it’s his money and his business. He also probably doesn’t have tens of millions in cash lying around. He’s had a lot of bad luck.

No such thing as luck. Just bad decisions.
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:41 - Mar 7 with 3649 viewsjeera

I in part agree with your sentiment but you've made it so many times now I'm beginning to think it's only to cause arguments and am erring on the side of those who claim you are from the 'other side'.

Convince us otherwise or leave us in peace to squabble amongst ourselves in our demise.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:47 - Mar 7 with 3596 viewsFtnfwest

Yeah we never used to get humiliated by lower league teams
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:50 - Mar 7 with 3579 viewsOxford_Blue

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:38 - Mar 7 by MattinLondon

No such thing as luck. Just bad decisions.

How many supporters were strongly against the appointment of any of his managers?
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:54 - Mar 7 with 3541 viewsBlueBadger

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:47 - Mar 7 by Ftnfwest

Yeah, it's much better now it's happening every game rather than once or twice a season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:54 - Mar 7 with 3541 viewspointofblue

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:50 - Mar 7 by Oxford_Blue

How many supporters were strongly against the appointment of any of his managers?

I agreed with Mick and Hurst. Was very worried about Keane (attitude), Jewell and Lambert (recent history). Indeed my reaction when I heard about the Lambert appointment was we may as well have kept Hurst.

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:55 - Mar 7 with 3530 viewsBluearmy71

I realise you get your kicks from trolling everyone and given that you are probably sat there polishing your helmet over thinking just how good you are at it, you are failing to see that tedious bores like yourself are very quickly ignored by people and end up having no one to troll too, and this (for want of a better term) may just ruin your sh!t!!
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:55 - Mar 7 with 3520 viewsMattinLondon

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:50 - Mar 7 by Oxford_Blue

That’s irrelevant. Bad decisions don’t tend to backfire there and then. But I’ll say that quite a few were against Keane and Mick.
Mick sure did hold us together on 19:58 - Mar 7 with 3492 viewsLeoMuff

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:47 - Mar 7 by Ftnfwest

At least they were lower league teams then, now they are our equals and betters..

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:59 - Mar 7 with 3478 viewsFtnfwest

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:54 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

Yeah, it's much better now it's happening every game rather than once or twice a season.

Well clearly we deserve all this for outrageously wishing that we wouldn’t keep getting humiliated by them.
Mick sure did hold us together on 20:02 - Mar 7 with 3457 viewsBasuco

But nobody would want to either pay to watch a MM side, of watch more than two or three MM games. Better than watching a side permanently stuck to the foot of the prem tho.
Mick sure did hold us together on 20:05 - Mar 7 with 3428 viewsBlueBadger

Mick sure did hold us together on 19:59 - Mar 7 by Ftnfwest

Well clearly we deserve all this for outrageously wishing that we wouldn’t keep getting humiliated by them.

Frankly, I'd quite happily see us get humiliated on live TV once a season by Lincoln if it meant we weren't playing in the third division for the forseeable future, even though The Football Is Better Now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Mick sure did hold us together on 20:06 - Mar 7 with 3416 viewsBlueBadger

Mick sure did hold us together on 20:02 - Mar 7 by Basuco

But nobody would want to either pay to watch a MM side, of watch more than two or three MM games. Better than watching a side permanently stuck to the foot of the prem tho.

Ah yes, the football is better now.

Do we also have our club back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024