Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have never flown FlyBe 08:51 - Mar 5 with 3459 viewsWeWereZombies

And now I guess I never will

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51746564

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

I have never flown FlyBe on 08:54 - Mar 5 with 2878 viewsSwansea_Blue

Same

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have never flown FlyBe on 08:54 - Mar 5 with 2875 viewsmonytowbray

Did so once to Belfast from Southampton airport. Only time I’ve been on a propeller plane.

The on board magazine had lots of photos of Yellow and Green scum as well on one page. Although it was back when they were sh1t so didn’t bother me much.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I have never flown FlyBe on 08:56 - Mar 5 with 2863 viewsWD19

I have never flown FlyBe on 08:54 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

Did so once to Belfast from Southampton airport. Only time I’ve been on a propeller plane.

The on board magazine had lots of photos of Yellow and Green scum as well on one page. Although it was back when they were sh1t so didn’t bother me much.

Do they have an airport in Norwich then? Surprised it doesn't get a mention more often.
I have never flown FlyBe on 09:05 - Mar 5 with 2835 viewshampstead_blue

The Unions were just calling on the Gov to bail it out. I think they forgot that the airline's shareholders include the likes of Virgin.

If we had a cheaper rail system the need to fly 200 miles would be gone.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:08 - Mar 5 with 2832 viewssoupytwist

Colleague of mine was due to fly with them from London City to Belfast this afternoon on business. He's rearranged to fly from Heathrow with Aer Lingus.
Terrible shame for the employees.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 9:08]
I have never flown FlyBe on 09:18 - Mar 5 with 2817 viewsblueislander

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:08 - Mar 5 by soupytwist

Colleague of mine was due to fly with them from London City to Belfast this afternoon on business. He's rearranged to fly from Heathrow with Aer Lingus.

It is disastrous for us in Guernsey. Particularly the Southampton link, as many islanders are referred to Southampton hospital for treatment. My son and his family flew with Flybe from Birmingham only last weekend.
I have never flown FlyBe on 09:22 - Mar 5 with 2810 viewsWeWereZombies

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:08 - Mar 5 by soupytwist

Its very good of you to be considerate for Aer Lingus employees but is your colleague really that bad?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:27 - Mar 5 with 2802 viewsmonytowbray

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:05 - Mar 5 by hampstead_blue

The Unions were just calling on the Gov to bail it out. I think they forgot that the airline's shareholders include the likes of Virgin.

If we had a cheaper rail system the need to fly 200 miles would be gone.

Did you just say something... Sensible?!

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:28 - Mar 5 with 2798 viewsmonytowbray

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:22 - Mar 5 by WeWereZombies

Its very good of you to be considerate for Aer Lingus employees but is your colleague really that bad?

I can't help but think of Matt Lucas' Irish cabin crew character in Come Fly With Me when I see Aer Lingus.

Now there's a show that hasn't aged well but is still quite funny.

TWTD never forgets…

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:29 - Mar 5 with 2797 viewsParisBlue

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:18 - Mar 5 by blueislander

It is disastrous for us in Guernsey. Particularly the Southampton link, as many islanders are referred to Southampton hospital for treatment. My son and his family flew with Flybe from Birmingham only last weekend.

I travelled weekly from Cardiff to Edinburgh or Belfast for much of last year. Once you accept the silly cabin baggage size limitations (I had to buy a new suitcase especially) it was a decent service.

Terrible news for some of the remote airports e.g. Cardiff, Belfast City, Newquay, Exeter, Southampton and to a degree Birmingham. Will be interesting whether other airlines take over the routes but I somehow doubt it.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:39 - Mar 5 with 2777 viewsuefacup81

Makes somewhat of a mockery of the previous government bailout earlier in the year. Surely some sort of due diligence should have been done to ensure that it wasn’t just a case of throwing good money after bad.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:04 - Mar 5 with 2752 viewshampstead_blue

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:27 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

Did you just say something... Sensible?!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:31 - Mar 5 with 2734 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some rail comapnies are offering to take stranded FlyBe customers home free of charge. Really nice gesture. Bice to see some compassion for a change.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:42 - Mar 5 with 2722 viewsChurchman

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:29 - Mar 5 by ParisBlue

I travelled weekly from Cardiff to Edinburgh or Belfast for much of last year. Once you accept the silly cabin baggage size limitations (I had to buy a new suitcase especially) it was a decent service.

Terrible news for some of the remote airports e.g. Cardiff, Belfast City, Newquay, Exeter, Southampton and to a degree Birmingham. Will be interesting whether other airlines take over the routes but I somehow doubt it.

I think it depends how much they are used. It wouldn’t surprise me if somebody like Ryanair or Easijet didn’t take up some of the routes, but I don’t know if they operate any smaller connecter type aircraft like Flybe. I gather when Thomas Cook went down the pan other airlines queued up to take their slots, but that was of course holiday destinations.
I have never flown FlyBe on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 2717 viewsBasingstokeBlue

It was the only practical way to go to Newcastle and back, every week, when I worked up that way. That would now not be possible (unless some other operator takes up the route, pronto).

I'm glad that contract ended seven months ago or I would have been in a right pickle, now.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:52 - Mar 5 with 2705 viewsElephantintheRoom

I have never flown FlyBe on 09:39 - Mar 5 by uefacup81

Makes somewhat of a mockery of the previous government bailout earlier in the year. Surely some sort of due diligence should have been done to ensure that it wasn’t just a case of throwing good money after bad.

The government bail out WAS the problem - it could never happen because of EU competition rules - and was simply hot air.

That and the huge tax burden on tickets that makes regional flights unsustainable.

Not a worry for the good folk of Ipswich who saw their airport become a housing estate many years ago of course.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:56 - Mar 5 with 2702 viewsblueislander

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:42 - Mar 5 by Churchman

I think it depends how much they are used. It wouldn’t surprise me if somebody like Ryanair or Easijet didn’t take up some of the routes, but I don’t know if they operate any smaller connecter type aircraft like Flybe. I gather when Thomas Cook went down the pan other airlines queued up to take their slots, but that was of course holiday destinations.

Easyjet looked at taking some routes from Guernsey and rejected the idea. They do fly to Jersey though, but the service between the two islands is sh-t.
I have never flown FlyBe on 10:56 - Mar 5 with 2698 viewshampstead_blue

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:52 - Mar 5 by ElephantintheRoom

The government bail out WAS the problem - it could never happen because of EU competition rules - and was simply hot air.

That and the huge tax burden on tickets that makes regional flights unsustainable.

Not a worry for the good folk of Ipswich who saw their airport become a housing estate many years ago of course.

by giving them any support would have driven a hole through the environmental pledges made and about to make.

Problem is that, as many have said, some routes are so important for certain areas.

It's one big problem. You can't let places on the margin of the country suffer but you need to meet environmental goals....

Very tough one.

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:57 - Mar 5 with 2702 viewsDanTheMan

On a related note, I'm having great fun right now trying to get lastminute.com to accept that my return fight has indeed been cancelled and has not in fact moved operators.

They seem convinced that my fun RyanAir flight has changed operator to MaltaAir, even though they are essentially the same company, and RyanAir are saying the flight is cancelled.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 10:57]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I have never flown FlyBe on 11:55 - Mar 5 with 2655 viewsElephantintheRoom

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:56 - Mar 5 by hampstead_blue

by giving them any support would have driven a hole through the environmental pledges made and about to make.

Problem is that, as many have said, some routes are so important for certain areas.

It's one big problem. You can't let places on the margin of the country suffer but you need to meet environmental goals....

Very tough one.

Hmmm I am not sure not having a regional airline offering unsustainable low prices is 'suffering'... as someone said earlier it is barking mad that a regional flight around the UK is cheaper than 'surface travel' as some hack described it on tele this morning.

The answer is blindingly simple.... just dont tax tickets out of existance if you really must have remote outposts served by air.... and fund a decent national railway service.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I have never flown FlyBe on 11:59 - Mar 5 with 2648 viewsfooters

Bit of a buggr for the footers clan as they served the route from Nodge to Knock. Hopefully someone else can fill in the gap as it's a long old drive otherwise :(

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I have never flown FlyBe on 14:17 - Mar 5 with 2586 viewsHARRY10

'flybe to the moon...
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 14:45]
I have never flown FlyBe on 14:38 - Mar 5 with 2575 viewsIpswichKnight

I have never flown FlyBe on 10:42 - Mar 5 by Churchman

They don't Ryanair have a Boeing fleet and Easyjet an Airbus fleet, Flybe had a Dash8 and Embrear fleet, BA operate some Embrear's from City airport, not sure anyone else operates Dash 8's in the UK ( flew on one internally in Iceland before ).
I have never flown FlyBe on 14:55 - Mar 5 with 2554 viewsjontysnut

Manchester to Aberdeen and back last year. It was full.
I have never flown FlyBe on 15:01 - Mar 5 with 2541 viewsPinewoodblue

I have never flown FlyBe on 08:54 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

Flybe used to fly lots of routes from Norwich Airport but wasn’t as successful as they hoped. They were contracted to fly a certain number of flights they fulfilled some of them by flying empty planes in and out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024