Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching Coventry v Sunderland 13:31 - Mar 1 with 4688 viewsHerbivore

My word, this league really is toss. It's utterly embarrassing that we don't look remotely capable of getting out of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:34 - Mar 1 with 4670 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

League isn’t full of quality at all, but neither are we.

Reality check of probably where we are with the current squad is in the right league.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:37 - Mar 1 with 4649 viewsHerbivore

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:34 - Mar 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

League isn’t full of quality at all, but neither are we.

Reality check of probably where we are with the current squad is in the right league.

Nobody is claiming we're Championship quality but there's enough ability in our squad to be genuinely competing for promotion. That we aren't is an abject failure on the part of the manager.

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:40 - Mar 1 with 4626 viewsPJH

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:37 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Nobody is claiming we're Championship quality but there's enough ability in our squad to be genuinely competing for promotion. That we aren't is an abject failure on the part of the manager.

Exactly as I see it.

At the beginning of November we were where he should be with the players that we have got, we have collapsed since.

If we are still a third division club at the end of May then this season can only be described as a failure following on from the failure to make any serious effort to stay in the Championship last season.
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:44 - Mar 1 with 4593 viewsFreddy

Coventry look a decent team
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:44 - Mar 1 with 4598 viewsWD19

Herbivore, you are a real fascination to me. How can any one individual be consistently SO right in everything football related, but so wrong on everything else.
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:45 - Mar 1 with 4584 viewsPinewoodblue

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:44 - Mar 1 by Freddy

Team being the key word

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:45 - Mar 1 with 4587 viewsFtnfwest

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:40 - Mar 1 by PJH

Exactly as I see it.

At the beginning of November we were where he should be with the players that we have got, we have collapsed since.

If we are still a third division club at the end of May then this season can only be described as a failure following on from the failure to make any serious effort to stay in the Championship last season.

Without question agree. Other than the players we have got were destroyed last year in the championship. Whether we mount some miraculous late bid and make it through the playoffs or not, nothing has been done to address that. Only a total revolution and changing of the guard (in terms of players) might have done that. Agree now that any revolution has to include changing the manager as well..
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:46 - Mar 1 with 4569 viewsHerbivore

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:44 - Mar 1 by Freddy

You think? I'm seeing no real quality from either side to be honest. And these are meant to be two of the 'good' League 1 sides.

Login to get fewer ads

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:48 - Mar 1 with 4543 viewsChrisd

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:46 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

You think? I'm seeing no real quality from either side to be honest. And these are meant to be two of the 'good' League 1 sides.

You'll find out first hand next Saturday.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:54 - Mar 1 with 4509 viewsHerbivore

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:48 - Mar 1 by Chrisd

You'll find out first hand next Saturday.

Actually I won't. I've got some friends visiting for the weekend so giving the game a miss.

Turgid game of football though that. These are meant to be the better sides in the league and there's no real quality there. Frustrating that Lambert has cocked this up so badly.

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:55 - Mar 1 with 4503 viewsgainsboroughblue

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:46 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Doing far better than we are having been two divisions below us two years ago and currently without their own ground unfortunately.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:56 - Mar 1 with 4492 viewsHerbivore

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:55 - Mar 1 by gainsboroughblue

Doing far better than we are having been two divisions below us two years ago and currently without their own ground unfortunately.

I haven't suggested that they aren't doing better than us?

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 14:24 - Mar 1 with 4396 viewsgainsboroughblue

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:56 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

I haven't suggested that they aren't doing better than us?

I know. Just highlighting the depressingness of it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 14:36 - Mar 1 with 4356 viewsIllinoisblue

We’ve found our level, it seems. A delusional squad of players who apparently have no idea just how average they are, led by a clueless manager a decade past his sell-by date, ‘inspired’ by an absent owner who shows no more sign of having a clue how to run a football club than he did the day he arrived.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 16:11 - Mar 1 with 4125 viewsfergalsharkey

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 13:40 - Mar 1 by PJH

Exactly as I see it.

Utter rubbish, our players barring kvy and the kid Downes are toilet.

We are where we deserve to be with the dross here.

Poll: Cook out?

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 16:30 - Mar 1 with 4054 viewsArnieM

The fact that League IS so shi t makes Lambert rotation and postponement debacle even more incredible and he has single handily caused his own blood6 problems. If he’d have lef5 things alone when we were motoring, I suggest we’d have been all but promoted by now.

What an utter tool Lambert!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 16:32 - Mar 1 with 4047 viewsronnyd

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 16:11 - Mar 1 by fergalsharkey

Utter rubbish, our players barring kvy and the kid Downes are toilet.

We are where we deserve to be with the dross here.

That was a short sabbatical mate.
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 17:50 - Mar 1 with 3912 viewsFTP

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 14:36 - Mar 1 by Illinoisblue

We’ve found our level, it seems. A delusional squad of players who apparently have no idea just how average they are, led by a clueless manager a decade past his sell-by date, ‘inspired’ by an absent owner who shows no more sign of having a clue how to run a football club than he did the day he arrived.

That's it in a nutshell.
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 17:57 - Mar 1 with 3875 viewsJDB23

It’s the fact we can’t even compete. Not getting promoted is one thing, limping to mid table is an absolute disgrace. For all the talk of “plenty of big teams have come down and stayed down” nearly all of them at least finished top 6 in their first season. Need to find that thread from the start of the season talking about historical league finishes of teams who got relegated, wasn’t it something like over 80% finished top 6?
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 17:59 - Mar 1 with 3863 viewsWD19

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 17:57 - Mar 1 by JDB23

It’s the fact we can’t even compete. Not getting promoted is one thing, limping to mid table is an absolute disgrace. For all the talk of “plenty of big teams have come down and stayed down” nearly all of them at least finished top 6 in their first season. Need to find that thread from the start of the season talking about historical league finishes of teams who got relegated, wasn’t it something like over 80% finished top 6?

It was about 50% from memory.
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 18:03 - Mar 1 with 3844 viewsJDB23

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 17:59 - Mar 1 by WD19

Ah slight exaggeration then, but that includes tinpot teams who have half our budget and resources.
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 22:48 - Mar 1 with 3417 viewsHerbivore

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 17:59 - Mar 1 by WD19

Although as the gap to the Championship has widened the numbers are changing too. Five of the last six relegated sides finished top 6 and four of them went straight back up. Rotherham look like repeating that trick again.

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 06:36 - Mar 2 with 3217 viewsdaisyisabaddog

I'm amazed that people still think that our players are better than our results. Woolfenden is the only one who would get in the Coventry team at the moment. They are light years ahead of us.
Woolfenden will be sold in the summer to fund losses but I have no faith that the current regime will find a cheap gem from somewhere to replace him. We'll go into next season with a weaker team than this year which is truly terrifying.
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 08:01 - Mar 2 with 3121 viewsnorfsufblue

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 06:36 - Mar 2 by daisyisabaddog

I'm amazed that people still think that our players are better than our results. Woolfenden is the only one who would get in the Coventry team at the moment. They are light years ahead of us.
Woolfenden will be sold in the summer to fund losses but I have no faith that the current regime will find a cheap gem from somewhere to replace him. We'll go into next season with a weaker team than this year which is truly terrifying.

The really irritating thing is that our results didn't have to be all that much better to still be right in it at the top... 3 or 4 more positive results is all ... Saturday being an example of a possible last minute win becoming a defeat! Beating Sunderland at home as we deserved and at the very leat drawing away.. im sure most would agree there have been other good examples of points thrown away.... It really isn't a very good quality League!
Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 08:05 - Mar 2 with 3109 viewsHerbivore

Watching Coventry v Sunderland on 06:36 - Mar 2 by daisyisabaddog

I'm sure Mark Robins would take more than just Woolfenden from us if you gave him the opportunity. Coventry are not remotely light years ahead of us in terms of quality, not even close. What they have is a competent manager who gets them organised and has them drilled in a way of playing. Imagine that!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024