Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? 17:21 - Feb 26 with 846 viewsRyorry

Not just registration of births, got that, want actual dates.

Amazed that you seem to have to register with one of the various money-grabbing outfits to get this, thought public records were free?

Cheers if you can help.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 17:30 - Feb 26 with 823 viewsSitfcB

Local records office?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 17:35 - Feb 26 with 817 viewsPecker

Memory going old girl. Ask one of your relatives, they will remember when they last sent you a Birthday card. Be sure to put a washing machine on this years wish list. It is the must have for this year.
Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 18:44 - Feb 26 with 780 viewsGuthrum

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 17:30 - Feb 26 by SitfcB

Local records office?

This. They should have access to online systems where you can look up the info.

Tho, of course, that is only back to 1837. Before that, the closest you can get is baptism and burial dates. The latter is usually pretty close, but the former can be many years out, especially if the person was previously Non-Conformist. There are rare exceptions, where birth/death date is recorded.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 19:56 - Feb 26 with 750 viewsRyorry

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 18:44 - Feb 26 by Guthrum

This. They should have access to online systems where you can look up the info.

Tho, of course, that is only back to 1837. Before that, the closest you can get is baptism and burial dates. The latter is usually pretty close, but the former can be many years out, especially if the person was previously Non-Conformist. There are rare exceptions, where birth/death date is recorded.

Thanks Sitters & Guthers, great that it's online as the fella died in London (1997) & I'm definitely not doing the 500 mile round trip specially!

Managed to get his full birth date from an old email. Sadly the 'Virtual Memorial Garden' old charity site closed down 2 or 3 years ago & that had been my go to, hence the loss of info. And yes Pecker, fings ain't wot they used to be with my memory!

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 20:15 - Feb 26 with 737 viewsPecker

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 19:56 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

Thanks Sitters & Guthers, great that it's online as the fella died in London (1997) & I'm definitely not doing the 500 mile round trip specially!

Managed to get his full birth date from an old email. Sadly the 'Virtual Memorial Garden' old charity site closed down 2 or 3 years ago & that had been my go to, hence the loss of info. And yes Pecker, fings ain't wot they used to be with my memory!

Sorry to hear that. No malice intended. Plenty of things out there and on line to improve, help your memory. Apologies if I have been insensitive.
Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 20:23 - Feb 26 with 724 viewsRyorry

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 20:15 - Feb 26 by Pecker

Sorry to hear that. No malice intended. Plenty of things out there and on line to improve, help your memory. Apologies if I have been insensitive.

I know, no worries at all :)

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 22:38 - Feb 26 with 677 viewsGuthrum

Any recommends for best place to find birth & death actual full dates for free? on 19:56 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

You might have a problem with it being that recent. Definitely worth asking, tho.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024