Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The season is over, right? 14:28 - Feb 25 with 3341 viewsHerbivore

Or is it just me feeling that way? We have zero momentum and whatever length of time up to about 25 games that you choose to take our form over we simply aren't in top 6 form. I'm not seeing any evidence that's likely to change, especially with Jackson and Norwood both out for three big games.

We've left it too late to replace Lambert, it's been clear for quite a while now that he's a busted flush, but after giving him a new contract we couldn't very well bin him off straight away and I don't think anyone would be able to turn things round quickly enough to get us up now with relatively few games remaining.

All pretty depressing but this season feels much like last in terms of just waiting for our fate to be confirmed and seeing what transpires in the summer. Lambert has really cocked this season up despite having so much stacked in his favour. I just hope he's gone promptly so a new man has time to get his ducks in a row before preseason.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The season is over, right? on 14:32 - Feb 25 with 2132 viewsPJH

To me unless something really unexpected (a run of wins) happens then it is over.

I thought at the end of the game on Saturday that it was over but I suppose that there is still a chance although most indications are that that chance is very small.
The season is over, right? on 14:34 - Feb 25 with 2128 viewsFunge

Yep, its over.

The manager is dreadful, and should be replaced. Other posters have suggested that McGreal might come in - I've got a lot of time for McGreal, but fear that he would crash and burn due to the sheer incompetence of our owner.

Where next? An optimistic appointment would be Nathan Jones, I suppose. We won't be getting him.

Sadly I fear that Evans will retain Lambert regardless until Christmas, whereby we will be perhaps 18th/ 19th in the table.

This team gets relegated next year. We're not close to rock-bottom yet.

What a time to be alive.
The season is over, right? on 14:38 - Feb 25 with 2108 viewsSomethingBlue

It seems likely. What a colossal fcuk up.

But — so high are the stakes and so weird is football that I can't let myself give up on it yet. Stranger things have happened but we are nearly out of time, I'll agree on that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The season is over, right? on 14:40 - Feb 25 with 2086 viewshaynes_toe1

I'm still confident we will finish in the playoffs.
The season is over, right? on 14:41 - Feb 25 with 2074 viewsJ2BLUE

A quarter of the season to go but yes it feels that way.

Our players coming out and saying things like we should still have enough for automatic promotion seems laughable.

The five year deal just looks worse and worse. If Evans was able to sack him now and go and get Warnock for the run in i'm sure we'd make the play offs at least and have a decent chance of winning them.

The more I think about that new deal the angrier I get. It was utterly stupid on every level.

I actually think we'll stay down and Lambert will be here next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The season is over, right? on 14:43 - Feb 25 with 2049 viewsHerbivore

The season is over, right? on 14:41 - Feb 25 by J2BLUE

A quarter of the season to go but yes it feels that way.

Our players coming out and saying things like we should still have enough for automatic promotion seems laughable.

The five year deal just looks worse and worse. If Evans was able to sack him now and go and get Warnock for the run in i'm sure we'd make the play offs at least and have a decent chance of winning them.

The more I think about that new deal the angrier I get. It was utterly stupid on every level.

I actually think we'll stay down and Lambert will be here next season.

I think if we stay down and Lambert stays then season ticket sales will fall off a cliff. I probably wouldn't renew under those circumstances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The season is over, right? on 14:46 - Feb 25 with 2019 viewshype313

I'm afraid I can't see much hope for a decent finish. As you say Norwood is out for the foreseeable and KJ is banned for the next 3, that's 22 goals we're missing and we can't count on our midfield to make up the numbers.

Thi k it's going to Peter out quite badly, with Lambert on an end of season PR push for next season, which no one will buy.

Fool me once, fool you, fool me twice, fool me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The season is over, right? on 14:50 - Feb 25 with 1992 viewsflimflam

The season is over, right? on 14:43 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

I think if we stay down and Lambert stays then season ticket sales will fall off a cliff. I probably wouldn't renew under those circumstances.

Discussions in our household are the same. Not sure we would renew if Lambert still here which wasnt even talked about under previous useless managers.

But when push comes to shove and we have the summer sun on our backs and that feeling of this has to be our year then I expect we probably will. But the fact its even being discussed as an option tells me a lot.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

The season is over, right? on 14:52 - Feb 25 with 1978 viewsSteve_D

The season is over, right? on 14:46 - Feb 25 by hype313

I'm afraid I can't see much hope for a decent finish. As you say Norwood is out for the foreseeable and KJ is banned for the next 3, that's 22 goals we're missing and we can't count on our midfield to make up the numbers.

Thi k it's going to Peter out quite badly, with Lambert on an end of season PR push for next season, which no one will buy.

Fool me once, fool you, fool me twice, fool me.

Yes it's over , yes PR Paul is awful but even that doesn't matter until the change happens further up the chain
The season is over, right? on 14:52 - Feb 25 with 1969 viewsitfcjoe

It feels it, but a good result on Saturday going into the two home games and things will feel a bit positive again.

Feels as though we are waiting to stumble across something, sometimes having seemingly key players unavailable can help with that and may do over next 3.

I doubt it though, it feels such a waste of 15 months though - the free hit in the league above was not used properly and we haven't developed anything or anyone

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The season is over, right? on 14:53 - Feb 25 with 1964 viewshadleighboyblue

Sadly that's exactly how it feels to me , Herbivore .

Strangely this season seems a bigger let down than his time here last season , we knew we were in the brown stuff last season but we were given hope for this season by his PR efforts , but it's all been proved to be all bluster .

We need to start again with someone who is tactically strong to get more out of whatever squad we are left with after we lose some of our best players and I would hope ME takes some good advice on the next appointment .

Look beyond all the smooth talk that we all fell for this time , see what the whole management team will be , so we know there is a capable assistant in there to do the coaching . The last 2 appointments have been awful as far as coaching and tactics go .

Lambert talks the talk but is sadly lacking in tactics and coaching , his best days ( long ago ) were when he had a good coach with him .
The season is over, right? on 14:55 - Feb 25 with 1939 viewsHarry_Palmer

We really need form not far off our first eleven games now to make the top six and there are just no signs that this is going to happen.

The next three are vital, if we can somehow find a way to win against Blackpool and Fleetwood and maybe pick up a point against Coventry then we might be able to regain some momentum.

Anything less than that and Lambert should be sacked so that a new Manager can be recruited and given time to assess the squad. I suspect the problem will be that if there are any clauses in his contract then 'not finishing in the top six' might be one and that would mean having to wait until it is mathematically certain before removing him.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 15:16]
The season is over, right? on 15:10 - Feb 25 with 1877 viewsWickets

Yup hard to see us making the play off's 11 games left and we would need to win most of them and as we struggle to score and have only won 4 of the last 22 it seems unlikely . Just hope that our manager has learnt from the pretty obvious mistakes he has made and manages to get us ready for a push next season .
The season is over, right? on 15:12 - Feb 25 with 1855 viewsBlueBadger

The season is over, right? on 15:10 - Feb 25 by Wickets

Yup hard to see us making the play off's 11 games left and we would need to win most of them and as we struggle to score and have only won 4 of the last 22 it seems unlikely . Just hope that our manager has learnt from the pretty obvious mistakes he has made and manages to get us ready for a push next season .

He didn't learn from the mistakes he made last season, why would he learn from the mistakes he's made this season?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The season is over, right? on 15:13 - Feb 25 with 1844 viewsLankHenners

Pretty much. Never say never and all that but unless we spark something extraordinary from nowhere and the teams above have a collective bottle job we'll do well to scrape into the playoffs at this rate. Even if we were winning and playing well we'd find a way to lose them such is things.

As much as it seems the obvious choice to get rid of him at the end of the season, Evans a) won't want to look stupid after giving him a long deal and talking up the 'long term project' and b) won't want to make a difficult decision so will be content to keep him on and hope he turns it around. It's ridiculous but I'm just letting myself get ready for that to happen to soften the blow.

He should have gone before Christmas, Warnock in where both parties knew it would only be immediate-term then Evans had the whole time until the end of the season to line someone like Nathan Jones up.

This season, and Lambert's entire time in charge, has been a colossal and hugely damaging waste of time.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The season is over, right? on 15:15 - Feb 25 with 1825 viewsDarth_Koont

It's annoying that we look to have blown the chance of going up automatically after being in a great position.

But no, the season is long from over. Agree that it feels depressing now but that's the hangover from losing out on the first part.

Pronouns: He/Him

The season is over, right? on 15:26 - Feb 25 with 1781 viewsRadlett_blue

The season is over, right? on 14:52 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

It feels it, but a good result on Saturday going into the two home games and things will feel a bit positive again.

Feels as though we are waiting to stumble across something, sometimes having seemingly key players unavailable can help with that and may do over next 3.

I doubt it though, it feels such a waste of 15 months though - the free hit in the league above was not used properly and we haven't developed anything or anyone

Exactly this. After a few games last season it must have been obvious to Lambert that the squad wasn't good enough to stay up; instead, we wasted the rest of the season with pointless loans & short term signings. and Lambert also decided to throw his play book out of the window during the summer. Defence is still a shambles with us wasting time persisting with Nsiala, then replacing him with an ageing lower division journeyman. Not helped by the senseless slip-flopping of goalkeepers.
Unless we can improve in a few key positions (unlikely when we're cutting the wage bill) next season is likely to be mid table at best.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The season is over, right? on 15:34 - Feb 25 with 1748 viewsBiGDonnie

Yeah, it's definitely over.

We've had some pretty bleak times over the years, but I'd say right now is as low as we've been in recent times.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The season is over, right? on 15:38 - Feb 25 with 1709 viewsBlueBadger

The season is over, right? on 15:34 - Feb 25 by BiGDonnie

Yeah, it's definitely over.

We've had some pretty bleak times over the years, but I'd say right now is as low as we've been in recent times.

The most depressing thing is, I'm not even sure we've hit rock bottom yet.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The season is over, right? on 15:43 - Feb 25 with 1686 viewsBiGDonnie

The season is over, right? on 15:38 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

Oh god! That will be when Downes and Woolf have both been signed by Sheffield United for a combined fee of £5m plus add ons!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The season is over, right? on 15:43 - Feb 25 with 1683 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm not resigned to 3rd division football next season just yet..

I'll review this after the two home games in a week coming up.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The season is over, right? on 15:45 - Feb 25 with 1672 viewsPecker

There are still 11 games left to play. That is potentially 33 points. If we win 6, draw 3, and lose 2, then I think the play-offs are a real possibility.

Yep, the season is definitely over.
The season is over, right? on 15:45 - Feb 25 with 1664 viewshamburger_sv

The season is over, right? on 15:38 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

We would be in a relegation battle no matter what division we end up in.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

The season is over, right? on 15:47 - Feb 25 with 1643 viewsmarchy

The season is over, right? on 15:43 - Feb 25 by BiGDonnie

Oh god! That will be when Downes and Woolf have both been signed by Sheffield United for a combined fee of £5m plus add ons!

No no, it'll be when that £5m briefly looks like a sum we'll spend on a general strengthening of the team ready for the next push, before a casual dismissal of the very notion, because we've got wages to pay.
The season is over, right? on 15:48 - Feb 25 with 1628 viewshamburger_sv

The season is over, right? on 15:47 - Feb 25 by marchy

No no, it'll be when that £5m briefly looks like a sum we'll spend on a general strengthening of the team ready for the next push, before a casual dismissal of the very notion, because we've got wages to pay.

It'll be when we are stuck at the bottom of League One 12 points away from safety after sacking Lambert and his replacement manager.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024