Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off to Dublin this Friday... 09:29 - Feb 24 with 1372 viewsKieran_Knows

... and as always, just wondering if those of TWTD can give any recommendations of what to do, where to eat etc?

Already have planned;
Taking in a Shamrock Rovers game Friday night.
Kilmainham Gaol tour on Saturday.
Guiness Factory (standard) on Saturday.
Out to Howth on Sunday.

Just need a few bits to fill out the rest of Friday and Sunday (we're coming home on Monday).

As above, restaurant recommendations always welcome as well.

Thanks all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 1347 viewsartsbossbeard

Are you going with a bunch of lads or with a lady friend?

3x lads visits (stag/birthdays etc) and 3x bits of bother with the locals. Nothing major but I think they're fed up with boozed up boys from the mainland coming over. Last trip we sat down with the Hotel owner on the Sunday night, who admitted that he didn't like the English and would much prefer not to take our bookings, gets hassle from the locals for doing just this but he's got bills to pay.

Play on if you're with a lady though, no drama.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 09:53 - Feb 24 with 1315 viewsGaryCooper

Drive to Galway.
Off to Dublin this Friday... on 09:55 - Feb 24 with 1306 viewsJakeITFC

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 09:37 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

3x lads visits (stag/birthdays etc) and 3x bits of bother with the locals. Nothing major but I think they're fed up with boozed up boys from the mainland coming over. Last trip we sat down with the Hotel owner on the Sunday night, who admitted that he didn't like the English and would much prefer not to take our bookings, gets hassle from the locals for doing just this but he's got bills to pay.

England play their last 16 game in the Euros in Dublin if we win the group.

Going to be a lot of fun!
Off to Dublin this Friday... on 10:19 - Feb 24 with 1264 viewsartsbossbeard

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 09:55 - Feb 24 by JakeITFC

England play their last 16 game in the Euros in Dublin if we win the group.

Going to be a lot of fun!

Yeah, I'll give that a miss...

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 11:07 - Feb 24 with 1246 viewsBlueStreak

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 10:19 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

Yeah, I'll give that a miss...

I have tickets for this game!
Off to Dublin this Friday... on 11:12 - Feb 24 with 1232 viewsartsbossbeard

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 11:07 - Feb 24 by BlueStreak

I have tickets for this game!

Enjoy!

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 11:33 - Feb 24 with 1208 viewsPecker

Been loads of times, but always with mates. It was pub, something to eat, pub, nightclub. Sleep for 3-4 hours and repeat. The something to eat was always fast food. Sorry of no help to you, but TripAdvisor is usually a safe bet.
Off to Dublin this Friday... on 21:03 - Feb 24 with 1121 viewsMoriarty

https://theivydublin.com/

The above is quite popular, although my Mrs is more fond of it than I am. If you like chicken wings, try http://www.canalbankcafe.ie/ I bumped into the Edge there once. Or if more central, https://www.thegreenhen.ie

Check out theatres as well. Not sure what’s on at the moment but the Gaiety or Bord Gais theatres might be worth checking.

If your better half likes very pricey coffee or afternoon tea, visit the (expensive) Shelbourne Hotel.

Howth is great. There’s a cliff walk you can do. Care advised. Portmarnock as well for a beach walk.

And Croke Park is worth a look. Roof top tour.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 21:09]

fka omuircheartaigh

Login to get fewer ads

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 22:42 - Feb 25 with 971 viewsClareBlue

Off to Dublin this Friday... on 09:37 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

Yes, from the mainland should just about do it
Off to Dublin this Friday... on 23:01 - Feb 25 with 946 viewsHARRY10

There's a couple of good Irish themed pubs if you know where to look.

And if you are looking to score a bit of weed or something best steer clear of Drogheda

And if anyone comes round collecting for the 'soldiers' it maybe not the ones you are thinking of.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 23:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024