Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants 15:32 - Feb 23 with 3415 viewsJ2BLUE

The only way you will force change is to stop putting your money into the system. If you say something like "oh no, I couldn't do that, it's in my blood" etc then you can't complain about the direction the club is going. The only thing that is going to force change is if ST holders cancel and walk up fans boycott. Personally I feel sorry for Evans. Yes his lack of investment has got us here and we're paying for his failed investment but he genuinely seems trapped in a game that is too rich for him. He's tried to do what the fans asked in recent times. The period from MM leaving until this window you could argue he did what most fans wanted. His recent decision making has been a return to form and you could argue the five year deal was the last roll of the dice from ma desperate man out of ideas.

With that said, if the fans are going to do something about it then it needs to be this close season. Carrying on posting on a forum or Facebook page he doesn't read while still attending games is not going to change anything.

TL;DR: If you want change, do something meaningful and stop talking.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 15:38 - Feb 23 with 2961 viewsFixed_It

But cutting off our main revenue stream isn't going to solve anything. I know (think) you have already stated that you are giving up your newly acquired season ticket - but for some of us that is not an easy decision to make. These are difficult times indeed - and I agree that Evans is trapped in a rich(er) man's game
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 15:38]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 15:40 - Feb 23 with 2948 viewstextbackup

I personally feel the ‘don’t put money into the club’ is the weakest most bo11ocks way there is of forcing any change.

Directly changing my life of 30 years Just to show my anger at the owner? And what the FCK am I to do on a Saturday afternoon instead?

It’s easy to turn your back on club if you don’t care, but if you do you’d never be able to bring yourself to do it.

It’s currently my lowest point as A town fan, will I leave ust because the owner is clueless, no

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 15:40 - Feb 23 with 2944 viewsJ2BLUE

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 15:38 - Feb 23 by Fixed_It

But cutting off our main revenue stream isn't going to solve anything. I know (think) you have already stated that you are giving up your newly acquired season ticket - but for some of us that is not an easy decision to make. These are difficult times indeed - and I agree that Evans is trapped in a rich(er) man's game
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 15:38]

I never said it was easy. I said it was likely the most effective option. People can keep going and dealing with the same thing or take some admittedly drastic action.

Truly impaired.

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 15:42 - Feb 23 with 2934 viewsJ2BLUE

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 15:40 - Feb 23 by textbackup

I personally feel the ‘don’t put money into the club’ is the weakest most bo11ocks way there is of forcing any change.

Directly changing my life of 30 years Just to show my anger at the owner? And what the FCK am I to do on a Saturday afternoon instead?

It’s easy to turn your back on club if you don’t care, but if you do you’d never be able to bring yourself to do it.

It’s currently my lowest point as A town fan, will I leave ust because the owner is clueless, no

Again, who said it was easy? It's a drastic step. What other ideas do you have? This long term decline is going to continue indefinitely with very little sign of reversing anytime soon.

Truly impaired.

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 15:47 - Feb 23 with 2902 viewstextbackup

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 15:42 - Feb 23 by J2BLUE

Again, who said it was easy? It's a drastic step. What other ideas do you have? This long term decline is going to continue indefinitely with very little sign of reversing anytime soon.

I have no other ideas.

Opinions on the owner are discussed on here, but the too cool to care put you down

An anti X banner could be made and those same people mock.

The Suffolk folk are too settled and carefree to do anything, an aging fan base too happy to have a lunchtime beer then try and wind people up on an Internet forum.

I tried to make feelings know previously to the owner, won’t go into it as it nearly went very wrong, but that’s me done now. What more can be done? ME simply does not give two fcks

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:00 - Feb 23 with 2838 viewsPositivelyPortman

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 15:47 - Feb 23 by textbackup

I have no other ideas.

Opinions on the owner are discussed on here, but the too cool to care put you down

The Suffolk folk are too settled and carefree to do anything, an aging fan base too happy to have a lunchtime beer then try and wind people up on an Internet forum.

I tried to make feelings know previously to the owner, won’t go into it as it nearly went very wrong, but that’s me done now. What more can be done? ME simply does not give two fcks

If you don’t like the results, PH or ME, why keep going?
It’s like weaning yourself off a drug that’s doing you no good.
The good days are long gone, and hopefully will one day return.

Besides, you a like a lunchtime beer and have a moan on the internet too, so what’s different?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:04 - Feb 23 with 2824 viewsRegencyBlue

I’ve got no sympathy for Evans, his priorities were clear from the start.

The appointment of Clegg for blatantly non footballing reasons showed exactly where the club was standing in his interests. I genuinely can’t think of one decision he’s managed to get right in his time here if I’m honest.

You are right regarding the season ticket issue. I have been considering giving mine up for the last few seasons but have always found an excuse not to when it came to it. Failure to get out of League 1 this season, and the inevitable Evans response of selling our better youngsters and replacing them with players no one else wants, will however be it for me.

I have been an Ipswich Town supporter for more years than I care to remember but I really cannot stomach much more of Marcus Evans Ipswich Town!
Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:04 - Feb 23 with 2806 viewstextbackup

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:00 - Feb 23 by PositivelyPortman

If you don’t like the results, PH or ME, why keep going?
It’s like weaning yourself off a drug that’s doing you no good.
The good days are long gone, and hopefully will one day return.

Besides, you a like a lunchtime beer and have a moan on the internet too, so what’s different?

Could name the games I’ve had a beer before in last 3 years on 1 hand

So no, a lunchtime beer isn’t what I do

Login to get fewer ads

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:05 - Feb 23 with 2794 viewsmos

Nah, League One is alright tbf.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:07 - Feb 23 with 2781 viewsartsbossbeard

I have no other ideas.

I had an absolute cracker of a day out yesterday only let down by 45 minutes of inept football.

I can fully understand how people who don't have a sherry or two and just go to the game can get frustrated but like many others, this is my Saturday escapism.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:08 - Feb 23 with 2770 viewsNewcyBlue

I have no other ideas.

“I tried to make feelings know previously to the owner, won’t go into it as it nearly went very wrong

This sounds like a good story! You can’t leave it at that!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:09 - Feb 23 with 2769 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:04 - Feb 23 by RegencyBlue

I’ve got no sympathy for Evans, his priorities were clear from the start.

The appointment of Clegg for blatantly non footballing reasons showed exactly where the club was standing in his interests. I genuinely can’t think of one decision he’s managed to get right in his time here if I’m honest.

You are right regarding the season ticket issue. I have been considering giving mine up for the last few seasons but have always found an excuse not to when it came to it. Failure to get out of League 1 this season, and the inevitable Evans response of selling our better youngsters and replacing them with players no one else wants, will however be it for me.

I have been an Ipswich Town supporter for more years than I care to remember but I really cannot stomach much more of Marcus Evans Ipswich Town!

Just out of interest what were his priorities from the start that you refer to?

What was the non football reason for appointing Clegg?
Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:16 - Feb 23 with 2723 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would be a tough thing for any ITFC fan, but it’s the ONLY way a fans has a say on the club, and it’s the capital that it puts into the club, especially at this level, less at Premier League level, what with TV broadcasting fees.

I do believe it will be 10k crowds next year.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 17:34]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:35 - Feb 23 with 2674 viewsFtnfwest

Even less investment at Coventry, they should be protesting as well
Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:37 - Feb 23 with 2677 viewsRegencyBlue

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:09 - Feb 23 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Just out of interest what were his priorities from the start that you refer to?

What was the non football reason for appointing Clegg?

Clegg had just left the British Olympic Committee and Evans clearly wanted to use his connections to get London 2012 tickets for his other ‘business interests’.

Some of us said this at the time but the majority didn’t want to hear it. The proof for me was how long Clegg lasted, or rather didn’t, after London 2012!
Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:52 - Feb 23 with 2601 viewsReuser_is_God

I think we’re just about getting it right at the minute with the angry chants after games.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:56 - Feb 23 with 2579 viewsBluefish

It's up there with hack into the computers and spread a virus to shut the club down

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:59 - Feb 23 with 2570 viewsBent_double

It's not just about money though, is it?

Take any of the teams above us, except Sunderland, do any of them have higher wage budgets, or have spend more on players than we have in the last couple of seasons? I'm guessing not.

I know promotion back to the Championship would involve spending millions on better quality players and wages, which is why I'm convinced ME would be happier running us at break-even, or perhaps only having to put £1-2m in a year going forward. It would also make us a more attractive proposition if he really did want to sell, assuming he can just write-off the £100m he's spent so far.

I don't go to many home games, I could have gone yesterday but just didn't fancy it.

As far as protests are concerned, I would wait til we can't even make the POs, then just boycott the next home game, the sight of 25000+ empty seats at PR might be enough for something to happen.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 17:16 - Feb 23 with 2494 viewsBlueBadger

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:37 - Feb 23 by RegencyBlue

Clegg had just left the British Olympic Committee and Evans clearly wanted to use his connections to get London 2012 tickets for his other ‘business interests’.

Some of us said this at the time but the majority didn’t want to hear it. The proof for me was how long Clegg lasted, or rather didn’t, after London 2012!

He probably could have just taken on Clegg as a MEG employee if that's what he wanted.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 17:26 - Feb 23 with 2452 viewsDennyx4

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 16:59 - Feb 23 by Bent_double

It's not just about money though, is it?

Take any of the teams above us, except Sunderland, do any of them have higher wage budgets, or have spend more on players than we have in the last couple of seasons? I'm guessing not.

I know promotion back to the Championship would involve spending millions on better quality players and wages, which is why I'm convinced ME would be happier running us at break-even, or perhaps only having to put £1-2m in a year going forward. It would also make us a more attractive proposition if he really did want to sell, assuming he can just write-off the £100m he's spent so far.

I don't go to many home games, I could have gone yesterday but just didn't fancy it.

As far as protests are concerned, I would wait til we can't even make the POs, then just boycott the next home game, the sight of 25000+ empty seats at PR might be enough for something to happen.

I guess you may see more protests at the match, if the play offs are out of reach come the last 2 or 3 home games.
Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 17:33 - Feb 23 with 2420 viewsPecker

If we don't go, Evans will put less money in and we will be National League before you know it. I believe Evans will sell when a creditable buyer comes forward. Before that, we seem stuck with what we have, so might as well go and hope that Evans puts some of that money back into the team.
Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 17:46 - Feb 23 with 2383 viewsRegencyBlue

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 17:16 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

He probably could have just taken on Clegg as a MEG employee if that's what he wanted.

Little bit too obvious given the MEG reputation.

Giving him a job at ITFC made it look like a move still within the sports industry, albeit that he had no knowledge of football and displayed that quite frequently!
Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 17:52 - Feb 23 with 2349 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 17:46 - Feb 23 by RegencyBlue

Little bit too obvious given the MEG reputation.

Giving him a job at ITFC made it look like a move still within the sports industry, albeit that he had no knowledge of football and displayed that quite frequently!

Love a good conspiracy theory.

How many CEO’s or MD’s of football clubs come with a football background?
Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 22:46 - Feb 23 with 2073 viewsGarv

I see what you mean about feeling sorry for him, but the man sacked a club legend and replaced him with Roy Keane, possibly the most unsuitable man you could think of to take charge of Ipswich Town. I don't have much sympathy.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 23:01 - Feb 23 with 2036 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Forget your banners, bedsheets and chants on 22:46 - Feb 23 by Garv

I see what you mean about feeling sorry for him, but the man sacked a club legend and replaced him with Roy Keane, possibly the most unsuitable man you could think of to take charge of Ipswich Town. I don't have much sympathy.

I don’t think any ITFC could ever nor should ever feel sorry for Marcus Evans.

His lack of interest into running the football club is staggering, his financial constraints are honestly unbelievable, and I’m talking as well about behind the scenes things that don’t ever get out.

Very much forming in to the mould of a Duchatelet, Joy Seppala (SISU), Oyston ownership.

And Marcus will put me out a nice video around June, and everything and everyone will be great in the world again.

It’s a 1 truck pony, and us fans fall for the same trick year after year after year. And whilst that remains the case, things will remain the same.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024