Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? 09:29 - Feb 21 with 5307 viewsBrianTablet

It's disgraceful that our country has to bend over and submit to the Brussels Eurocrats enforcing their PC nanny-state laws on fuel now.

This country was made great through coal mining and burning wood.

Let's get out of this quango and make Britain great again.

#voteleave #takebackcontrol #oh #really? #nowimconfused #brexitanyway
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 10:59]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 09:44 - Feb 21 with 5259 viewsWeWereZombies

You almost had me there, maybe edit all but the first two of those hash tags...

But having an, ancient, Rayburn installed in the house I am a bit challenged about these new rules (despite having had a heads up, which I perhaps wrongly batted away, from Pinewood Blue). Sometimes I bring in broken branches or twigs for kindling straight from the garden, now I have to think about the particulates I put into the air. Garage is going to fill up with wood drying out.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 09:48 - Feb 21 with 5233 viewslowhouseblue

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 09:48 - Feb 21 with 5243 viewshomer_123

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 09:44 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

But having an, ancient, Rayburn installed in the house I am a bit challenged about these new rules (despite having had a heads up, which I perhaps wrongly batted away, from Pinewood Blue). Sometimes I bring in broken branches or twigs for kindling straight from the garden, now I have to think about the particulates I put into the air. Garage is going to fill up with wood drying out.

"Garage is going to fill up with wood drying out."

So, whilst slightly inconvenient - the policy, for you, has had the desired effect - it's got you thinking about 'what' you burn.

Perfect.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 9:53]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 09:53 - Feb 21 with 5212 viewshomer_123

I should add (and if this sounds condescending then apologies it's not meant that way) - well done for changing your habits!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 09:56 - Feb 21 with 5194 viewsStokieBlue

Nice :).

You've not been allowed to burn wood in London for years.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 10:24 - Feb 21 with 5142 viewsSwansea_Blue

The sap from green wood screws up your stove/flu/chimney anyway, so not a bad thing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 10:30 - Feb 21 with 5132 viewsWeWereZombies

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 10:24 - Feb 21 by Swansea_Blue

The sap from green wood screws up your stove/flu/chimney anyway, so not a bad thing.

Ah, I see, will stop burning the wet wood then.

Body parts tend to be a bit on the wet side too, am I OK burning those (running out of space for the shallow graves)?

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 11:01 - Feb 21 with 5062 viewsBrianTablet

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 09:48 - Feb 21 by homer_123

"Garage is going to fill up with wood drying out."

So, whilst slightly inconvenient - the policy, for you, has had the desired effect - it's got you thinking about 'what' you burn.

Perfect.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 9:53]

I think "Nanny State Snowball Leftie Do-Gooder Elite Nonsense" is what you meant to say.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 11:15 - Feb 21 with 5029 viewsBLUEBEAT

I know an old boy who provides bags of wood/lint for local garage forecourts.

He’s been doing it since the late 70s and has lost fingers to the cause.

That’s him screwed now :(

Poll: W or W

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 11:36 - Feb 21 with 4986 viewsNo9

The EU ? Really ?
Didn't M Gove annouch this some time ago?
There have been bans on some fuels since the 50's
Research the London smog

Quango's are a British invention - for poltiical rather than practical reasons
Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 11:40 - Feb 21 with 4978 viewsfooters

I know a certain someone who won't be happy about this.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 11:48 - Feb 21 with 4964 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 10:30 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

Body parts tend to be a bit on the wet side too, am I OK burning those (running out of space for the shallow graves)?

Get it nice and hot and you can even get the bones down to ash. I sometimes do a pre-soak in acid first if in doubt 👍

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 11:57 - Feb 21 with 4945 viewschicoazul

That isnt the point though, nor is the point that China is expanding its coal use by 4 times our entire energy output. You must NOT be allowed to burn wet wood in your modest home burner because of the EnviRonmENT

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 13:55 - Feb 21 with 4845 viewsHARRY10

Brussels Beaurucrats Ban British Bonfires

The bonkers beaurucrats have put a dampner on bonfire night. Guy Fawkes cannot be burned in case it offends Belgians.

No Bangers or Baked potatoes for Brits is the edict.

Well the Sun says shove it where the sun don't shone* Strasbourg.

We've has Bonfires for centuries and no one has been harmed (save a few Catholics and Protestants). And if you aren't careful- the next guy will be you Monsewer Verhofstadt.

The Sun, helping it's readers make up their minds

*check if there's no missed joke here
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 13:59]
Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 13:56 - Feb 21 with 4845 viewsBrianTablet

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 11:36 - Feb 21 by No9

The EU ? Really ?
Didn't M Gove annouch this some time ago?
There have been bans on some fuels since the 50's
Research the London smog

Quango's are a British invention - for poltiical rather than practical reasons

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 14:27 - Feb 21 with 4815 viewsWeWereZombies

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 11:40 - Feb 21 by footers

I know a certain someone who won't be happy about this.

Although if there is no wood then surely there is no one affected...

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 21:14 - Feb 21 with 4636 viewsfooters

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 14:27 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

And what will happen to wkj's pile of hazel once it all grows back? That bloke from Hacheston was furious last time, so he won't be able to pick it up again.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 21:21 - Feb 21 with 4620 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 11:57 - Feb 21 by chicoazul

That isnt the point though, nor is the point that China is expanding its coal use by 4 times our entire energy output. You must NOT be allowed to burn wet wood in your modest home burner because of the EnviRonmENT

Well it is about the environment; in this case air quality. China’s irrelevant. We’re creating our own air quality problems detrimentally affecting our own kids. Congestion charging, reduction in speed limits, and now this are all aimed at improving it.

We’ve been here before (albeit a long time ago now), so it shouldn’t come as a great surprise that we are both key to the cause and solution to the problem.

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 21:28 - Feb 21 with 4606 viewsRyorry

It's actually always been the case for safety reasons - burning wet wood will cause rapid accumulations of tar & soot in your chimney, which will then cause chimney fires.

The environmental reasons are also perfectly valid btw. Why add to the problems when it's totally unnecessary to, because for us there are good & easily available alternatives?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 21:30 - Feb 21 with 4600 viewsRyorry

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 14:27 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

We may all be affected by this situation tomorrow, and not in a good way ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 10:12 - Feb 22 with 4375 viewsNo9

However China has the largest capacity of wind energy generation in thw world & now produces circa 22% of it's electricity from wind farms.
(The UK is, at best, 5th)
Burning wet wood in an open fire is, whatever anyone says,NOT a good idea - it will create the opportunity for chimney fires.
Seasoned wood has a much higher calorific value
Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 12:51 - Feb 22 with 4284 viewsvilanovablue

The same China investing in and building more renewable energy than any other nation on the planet.
Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 16:12 - Feb 22 with 4157 viewsLeaky

Why is the EU banning coal/wood fires? on 10:30 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

Try burning it to dry it out!!!!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024