Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gun attack in Germany then: 10:51 - Feb 20 with 1764 viewsjeera

"A suspected far-right extremist carried out the attack on two shisha bars in western Germany, killing at least nine people, officials say."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51567971

"The suspect was found dead at his home along with the body of his mother."

Pointless.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Gun attack in Germany then: on 10:55 - Feb 20 with 1736 viewsJ2BLUE

Mainly Kurds. The Kurds fought IS for us.

Why do it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gun attack in Germany then: on 10:58 - Feb 20 with 1728 viewsmonytowbray

The world is f*cked.

I still think my idea of a reality TV show called Extremist Island would be great. Send all the right wing fanatics to a remote location with cameras and watch it unfold whilst the sensible folk get on with the world.

Issue is, eventually they’d join forces, start their own organised race/religion on a common theme and the cycle starts again. These people need something to blame, out of pure hatred or naivety, for their own issues.

Problem is the more we arm and bomb shady Eastern organisations, more more we do to continue that cycle. It’s pretty easy to recruit a young person who’s lost their family/home/job and has nothing to eat when you can offer those things, and off the back of that possible to radicalise them by saying “we’re the ones who helped you and those people are the ones who ruined your life.”

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Gun attack in Germany then: on 11:08 - Feb 20 with 1670 viewsGaryCooper

Thought that may be the case when the news first surfaced this morning, fuked up world.
Gun attack in Germany then: on 11:18 - Feb 20 with 1665 viewsGuthrum

Gun attack in Germany then: on 10:55 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

Mainly Kurds. The Kurds fought IS for us.

Why do it?

Because that kind of person can't tell the difference and doesn't care anyway. They're all "not natives" who have deprived him of a job/girlfriend/whatever (depite that often being down to their own issues and social isolation), plus causing the moral decline of the region and making things not like they were in their grandfathers' day.

Things that a bit of education and better provision of health and social care could go a long way to eradicating.

Friend of mine (anti-nazi activist) had some encounters with Breivik a few years before his attacks, but wrote him off as a fantasist nutter. He feels rather guilty in light of what happened, but it's difficult to predict whether someone like that will ever have the capability and willpower to act.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Gun attack in Germany then: (n/t) on 11:19 - Feb 20 with 1671 viewsCokeIsKey

[Post edited 14 May 2022 14:36]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Gun attack in Germany then: on 11:26 - Feb 20 with 1635 viewsjeera

Gun attack in Germany then: (n/t) on 11:19 - Feb 20 by CokeIsKey

There is literally no reason whatsoever to try to find a comparison on this thread.

This was an attack on innocent people, several of whom died, and your first thought is to mention how sometimes Muslims are involved in terror attacks too.

For the record your assertion that no one mentions those attacks involve Muslims is ludicrous. The bit you're missing of course is that those incidents occur, not because someone is a Muslim, but because 'they' are Islamic extremists.

The same way this report didn't say, "Some Christian white guy". Far-Right would be correct given the clear circumstances.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Gun attack in Germany then: on 11:27 - Feb 20 with 1626 viewsmonytowbray

Depends how known the person was, the information the police release, their motive, etc when it happens I guess.

Personally I think the press do much more to downplay white terrorism with headlines like "mentally ill" and "lone wolf". Very rare you hear that language to describe any Islam-motivated attack, but then that's because many have an agenda of painting it as a wider picture/problem with the latter.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Gun attack in Germany then: on 11:42 - Feb 20 with 1582 viewsnoggin

Really? So the recent attacks in the UK have not been reported as Islamist terrorism?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Gun attack in Germany then: on 18:10 - Feb 20 with 1403 viewsHARRY10

Far right ?

I wonder how many on the right in the UK agreed with what happened and if spoke of 'pity there wasn't more killed'.

Was this person and the others considered far right before they killed people ?

No.

That only becomes the words used when they kill - so as to distance them from the others who have those sentiments but have not expressed them through killing. ie it is the actions you take not the views you hold, it would appear
Gun attack in Germany then: on 18:15 - Feb 20 with 1377 viewsPecker

Hope our drug taking ex poster is alright.
Gun attack in Germany then: on 18:15 - Feb 20 with 1375 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Chizocaul has only been there one day.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Gun attack in Germany then: on 21:12 - Feb 20 with 1300 viewsBlueBadger

Give over, you great fanny.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024