Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum 09:52 - Feb 20 with 5362 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like they have finally realised what most already knew, that Momentum are toxic and are at the heart of the downfall of the Labour party
One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 10:31 - Feb 20 with 3644 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good to see.

Labour are a f*cking mess, the sooner they sort themselves out and provide a credible opposition the better.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 10:44 - Feb 20 with 3621 viewsRyorry

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 10:31 - Feb 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good to see.

Labour are a f*cking mess, the sooner they sort themselves out and provide a credible opposition the better.

According to some labourites of the momentum mindset, I'm "worse than a Tory" because I voted Labour in Dec '19 GE but am a centre-left moderate! You really couldn't make it up.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 10:56 - Feb 20 with 3582 viewsBasuco

Hopefully Labour now realise their huge mistake is choosing Jeremy Corbyn over Andy Burnham last time. If RLB gets in it will be like the 80's when Neil Kinnock replaced Michael Foot. She does not have a hope in hell of ever being Prime Minister.
One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 10:56 - Feb 20 with 3580 viewsJ2BLUE

RLB was favourite until they got involved.

Finally Momentum doing something right!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 10:58 - Feb 20 with 3576 viewsDarth_Koont

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 10:31 - Feb 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good to see.

Any more of a mess than any other party?

The Tories are a living, breathing mess who can gloss over their divisions when in power. The LibDems messed up and became irrelevant again. Change UK came, saw and imploded. UKIP are sitting in the corner mumbling about Muslims. Farage is just waiting for the next vehicle he can hijack and drive into democracy until he gets his neoliberal utopia.

The issue is that there are a majority in the media and associated blogging fanboys who are determined to keep the Labour mess front and centre while stoking it.

A little bit of perspective. Labour might be a lumpy turd but it's still sitting in a full toilet bowl of other crap.

Pronouns: He/Him

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 11:36 - Feb 20 with 3491 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 10:58 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

The Tories are a living, breathing mess who can gloss over their divisions when in power. The LibDems messed up and became irrelevant again. Change UK came, saw and imploded. UKIP are sitting in the corner mumbling about Muslims. Farage is just waiting for the next vehicle he can hijack and drive into democracy until he gets his neoliberal utopia.

The issue is that there are a majority in the media and associated blogging fanboys who are determined to keep the Labour mess front and centre while stoking it.

A little bit of perspective. Labour might be a lumpy turd but it's still sitting in a full toilet bowl of other crap.

The fact that the Torys got voted in, means they are less of a mess.

As suggested in my post. We need a strong (ELECTABLE) opposition to bring the government into line.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 12:28 - Feb 20 with 3425 viewsBlueForYou

People are simply not going to vote en mass for Corbyn, Abbott, Butler, etc. Theyre not going to vote en mass for Momentum either. They have to get rid of them & anyone connected. If Labour havent learned this hard lesson from the election then they are doomed!
One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 12:37 - Feb 20 with 3407 viewsDarth_Koont

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 11:36 - Feb 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

As suggested in my post. We need a strong (ELECTABLE) opposition to bring the government into line.

Doesn't necessarily mean that at all. It's whoever is going to get more sympathetic coverage.

For example, Johnson is a carwreck of a politician compared to Corbyn. The only difference is that he's been airbrushed while Corbyn has been held up to the most unflattering portrayals possible.

Same goes for the forces behind the two and their teams, cabinets, MPs and their party members.

Login to get fewer ads

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 12:57 - Feb 20 with 3361 viewstractordownsouth

Jon Lansmann's performance on the ITV election coverage was rather embarassing. When Alan Johnson said that voters didn't believe in the manifesto, Lansmann's response was to point out that Putney had voted Labour. As if to say " I know we lost 60 odd seats but we gained 1 so it's not too bad." I get the impression these people are more interested in protest than power. There's a place for protest too, but from the backbenches, not the front.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 15:06 - Feb 20 with 3221 viewsKievthegreat

Nope, we had another flush in 2019 and the Tory turd popped back up like the floater it is. Labour was washed away and the only trace they left behind was a skid on the y-fronts of the electorate.

Labour and Lib Dems need to recognise their f**k ups. When I see Lib Dem bloggers posting, it's about where the party went wrong, the issues with going with the "revoke" policy, the way Swinson carried herself and made herself centre stage, the "next prime minister" guff that went down like a lead balloon.

You seem to be stuck in a cycle of blaming everyone except Corbyn and the Labour party. I mean you talk about Brexit being a major factor in other posts, but then you have to recognise Labour played it wrong, not just during the campaign, but for years prior with their wishy washy stance.
One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 15:11 - Feb 20 with 3214 viewshampstead_blue

I think the OP's point was discussing that Momentum have had a poke and maybe that could help Labour get back to something close to a reasonable opposition.

They are unelectable. 100% unelectable. JC and his left wing of loonacy has dug an epic pit of despair and dumped in all the reasonable labour voters.

You need a sensible leader. Good ideas, an end to hard left politics.

Don't worry about the others stick to the OP.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 15:44 - Feb 20 with 3162 viewsDarth_Koont

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 15:11 - Feb 20 by hampstead_blue

I think the OP's point was discussing that Momentum have had a poke and maybe that could help Labour get back to something close to a reasonable opposition.

They are unelectable. 100% unelectable. JC and his left wing of loonacy has dug an epic pit of despair and dumped in all the reasonable labour voters.

You need a sensible leader. Good ideas, an end to hard left politics.

Don't worry about the others stick to the OP.

BoJo and the Tories are unelectable too. Until they're elected.

So be more like them? Or less? I'm confused.

On a serious note, just saying Labour need to be more electable is remarkably trite given the state of everyone else. If we were really being more honest, we should say what we mean: Labour need to be more acceptable to the right-wing press, just like Blair made himself.

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 15:59 - Feb 20 with 3127 viewsjaykay

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 11:36 - Feb 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

nothing to do with the media and smears then .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 16:35 - Feb 20 with 3086 viewshampstead_blue

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 15:44 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

BoJo and the Tories are unelectable too. Until they're elected.

So be more like them? Or less? I'm confused.

On a serious note, just saying Labour need to be more electable is remarkably trite given the state of everyone else. If we were really being more honest, we should say what we mean: Labour need to be more acceptable to the right-wing press, just like Blair made himself.

If what you say in your last sentence is true then Labour are holed below the water line.

It may be that there is no place for Labour anymore but a Liberal alliance as TB (war criminal) said.

Not sure if there anything you can do about the press. We don't want state involvement in the press so really it's a tough one to fathom.

I think that if Labour get a decent leader, not one with underpants like Rik, you'll be a good balance for the Tories.

Until then it's going to be hard.
It does look like Dom in #10 might be your only hope. He's pretty keen to level things up and spend big in the North.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 17:38 - Feb 20 with 3046 viewsDarth_Koont

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 16:35 - Feb 20 by hampstead_blue

If what you say in your last sentence is true then Labour are holed below the water line.

It may be that there is no place for Labour anymore but a Liberal alliance as TB (war criminal) said.

Not sure if there anything you can do about the press. We don't want state involvement in the press so really it's a tough one to fathom.

I think that if Labour get a decent leader, not one with underpants like Rik, you'll be a good balance for the Tories.

Until then it's going to be hard.
It does look like Dom in #10 might be your only hope. He's pretty keen to level things up and spend big in the North.

I think people need to forget about the centre as a force. In theory, it sounds like the best of both worlds but in reality it acts as a relatively passive buttress for the establishment. The move to the centre a few years ago made the recent lurch to the right even more inevitable.

Also the LibDems (and Change) just turned into an opposition to the opposition as they try to pick up a few extra MPs. In a proportional representation world they might have a point but it's all wasted in our two-party system. It's not necessarily their fault, but they seem to water down the debate rather than enrich it.

Re: the press, I think their days are numbered on that score. Yes, they still have an effect but with their trust at an all-time low and losing out to social media and other news channels and resources then the traditional seal of approval from Murdoch probably doesn't have quite the same effect. Still too much but I can see the traditional media having to reinvent itself or evolve to remain quite so influential especially for the younger generations that have largely rejected it. When TV and newspapers need to appeal to a younger audience for the sake of profitability then that will likely shift a few editorial stances.

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:08 - Feb 20 with 3018 viewsGlasgowBlue

I thought she was still banned from twitter for her last antisemitic rant.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:30 - Feb 20 with 2963 viewshampstead_blue

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 17:38 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

I think people need to forget about the centre as a force. In theory, it sounds like the best of both worlds but in reality it acts as a relatively passive buttress for the establishment. The move to the centre a few years ago made the recent lurch to the right even more inevitable.

Also the LibDems (and Change) just turned into an opposition to the opposition as they try to pick up a few extra MPs. In a proportional representation world they might have a point but it's all wasted in our two-party system. It's not necessarily their fault, but they seem to water down the debate rather than enrich it.

Re: the press, I think their days are numbered on that score. Yes, they still have an effect but with their trust at an all-time low and losing out to social media and other news channels and resources then the traditional seal of approval from Murdoch probably doesn't have quite the same effect. Still too much but I can see the traditional media having to reinvent itself or evolve to remain quite so influential especially for the younger generations that have largely rejected it. When TV and newspapers need to appeal to a younger audience for the sake of profitability then that will likely shift a few editorial stances.

The bias of the press is the sole reason I only buy two papers. Guardian and Times at the weekend.

The Times has a great Business and Home section and also some of the best cricket writing. Clarkson is a wheeze as well.

Labour do need to think of a solution. Hearing just now on R4 that JC wants to be on the Shadow Cabinet is quite incredible. He is in need of a dinial enema. Maybe after that's been flushed out he will see the truth that he is the problem.

Hey Ho. Around the houses we go.

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:31 - Feb 20 with 2961 viewsHARRY10

Momentum are no more than yet another manifestaion of the Trotskyist political activity.... entryism.

Take control of a mass move,ment then steer it towards ;revolution'. One thought that lies within that policy is to disrupt society so that the workers see that capitalism cannot work so they turn to a revolutionary party to led them. Who then. unsurprisingly, will provide all the leaders.

Fine if you have 'revolutionary ideas. Then stand on them and seek political power through the ballot box on those ideas. Unfortunately once the surface is scratched and a 'student politics' level of posturing is revealed those self same workers recoil in horror.

But don't expect them to change. They may well have a great understanding of how the system works.... up to a point, but fall flat on their ar se when it comes to a solution.

What you take by force you have to hold by force... what is gained by electoral deceit will have to be held similarly

Sadly they do waste so much energy and anger that could be better directed towards real change - not Grand old Duke of York leading voters into a dead end.
One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:32 - Feb 20 with 2953 viewsjas0999

RLB will offer Corbyn a role in the Shadow cabinet. Remarkable. She has clearly learnt nothing!
One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:37 - Feb 20 with 2936 viewsDarth_Koont

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:30 - Feb 20 by hampstead_blue

The bias of the press is the sole reason I only buy two papers. Guardian and Times at the weekend.

The Times has a great Business and Home section and also some of the best cricket writing. Clarkson is a wheeze as well.

Labour do need to think of a solution. Hearing just now on R4 that JC wants to be on the Shadow Cabinet is quite incredible. He is in need of a dinial enema. Maybe after that's been flushed out he will see the truth that he is the problem.

I just don't see the problem with Corbyn in the shadow cabinet in principle. Only the pathetic "optics" that will be applied.

It's a strange world indeed where Corbyn is a racist villain and BoJo is UK Prime Minister sitting on a big majority. Surely at some stage people will stop and wonder how all this came to pass?

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:38 - Feb 20 with 2932 viewslowhouseblue

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:30 - Feb 20 by hampstead_blue

corbyn in the shadow cabinet. oh come on, that's genuinely funny. they're playing it for laughs now. rlb for leader, burgon as deputy and home sec, corbyn as foreign secretary, and abbott as chancellor. if people don't vote for it, surely they could spin it off as a sit com?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:43 - Feb 20 with 2910 viewsGlasgowBlue

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:38 - Feb 20 by lowhouseblue

corbyn in the shadow cabinet. oh come on, that's genuinely funny. they're playing it for laughs now. rlb for leader, burgon as deputy and home sec, corbyn as foreign secretary, and abbott as chancellor. if people don't vote for it, surely they could spin it off as a sit com?

Burgon wants Jezza as shadow foreign secretary. I kid you not.

Jezza has left the door open.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-labour-leadership-c

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:49 - Feb 20 with 2893 viewsmanchego

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:38 - Feb 20 by lowhouseblue

Corbyn has been an MP for 37 years.
37 years.
He still does not have a f****** clue.
One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:51 - Feb 20 with 2889 viewslowhouseblue

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:43 - Feb 20 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-labour-leadership-c

it makes sense. he could travel the world laying wreaths.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:53 - Feb 20 with 2881 viewsHARRY10

One of Corbyn’s besties has turned on Momentum on 18:43 - Feb 20 by GlasgowBlue

Politicians do often support ideas that might garner them extra votes

It does happen, honest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024