Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL’s contract 18:25 - Feb 17 with 2593 viewsKeaneish

I was chatting to someone the other day about PLs contract length and they mentioned ME likely put it in place in case Scotland came sniffing if/when they bomb out of the Euro play-offs and when Clarke gets sacked. It doesn’t explain the length but might explain the timing. Has anyone heard anything along these lines? Have Scotland enquired?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

PL’s contract on 18:28 - Feb 17 with 2545 viewsitfcjoe

I think Sunderland enquired, and that is probably what kicked it off

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PL’s contract on 18:39 - Feb 17 with 2509 viewsRadlett_blue

PL’s contract on 18:28 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

I think Sunderland enquired, and that is probably what kicked it off

Really? Lambert's original contract only had 18 months to run and at the time negotiations started, we were top of the league so I can see why Evans came to the table. For some reason, negotiations went on for weeks while Town's form plummeted so the timing of the announcement was dreadful, especially after Lambert previously making his cryptic comments about how long he would be with Town, which I guess might have been aimed in Evans's direction.
If his current contract has a sensible break clause, then the 5 years might be about as relevant as Pardew's infamous 8 year contract at Newcastle.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

PL’s contract on 20:00 - Feb 17 with 2259 viewsYallop

His family live in Leicester and he refused to move them here without a longer deal
PL’s contract on 23:19 - Feb 17 with 1879 viewsPablokuqi

PL’s contract on 20:00 - Feb 17 by Yallop

His family live in Leicester and he refused to move them here without a longer deal

Well he was in a well known diy store today with his wife and daughter making various house decorating purchases. His wife was extremely enthusiastic him less so!
PL’s contract on 08:22 - Feb 18 with 1653 viewsitfcjoe

PL’s contract on 23:19 - Feb 17 by Pablokuqi

Well he was in a well known diy store today with his wife and daughter making various house decorating purchases. His wife was extremely enthusiastic him less so!

He has just bought a house near my parents so is clearly here for the long haul.

Hasn't gone for the full custom build and year renovation that Keano did and moved into a few months before being sacked

PL’s contract on 12:56 - Feb 18 with 1353 viewsDoctor_Earman

What!? You mean to say that what Lee O'Neill was telling us about the need for ''stability'' being the reason for Lambert's new contract was total BS?
PL’s contract on 12:58 - Feb 18 with 1339 viewsitfcjoe

PL’s contract on 12:56 - Feb 18 by Doctor_Earman

What!? You mean to say that what Lee O'Neill was telling us about the need for ''stability'' being the reason for Lambert's new contract was total BS?

How does that conflict?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024