Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank 18:17 - Feb 17 with 1480 viewsWeWereZombies

Digging up a university lawn in Cambridge and then carting the mud in wheelbarras to the nearest branch of Barclays is less extreme than trying to stop the city but does it help or hinder the cause?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51534446

It is to do with Trinity turning a farm in Trimley St. Mary into a lorry park for Felixstowe Port.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 18:20 - Feb 17 with 1454 viewsDoctor_Earman

It's a Monday. Don't these people have jobs or parental responsibilities?
So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 18:20 - Feb 17 with 1456 viewsRobTheSnob

Blockade is 100 yards from my place of work. Zero traffic disruption today, what they have done to Trinity Lawn is disgusting
So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 1434 viewsbluelagos

It does seem counter productive to be destroying a bit of greenery. Much like targeting the tube (a green mode of transport)

There was a documentary on XR last night (C5) which was very interesting. One issue is that they are a very loose movement where pretty much anyone can organise a protest. The tube protest was very unpopular within the movement - yet their structure (or lack of) meant it went ahead anyway.

So they will inevitably have some protests that are far from ideal. Which is a shame as the negative publicity is latched onto by many when in reality we should be talking about the issues they seek to raise rather than the misguided methods some groups use.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 18:38 - Feb 17 with 1422 viewsitfcjoe

It reminds me of the riots post Mark Duggan's death

Some go out to protest, others go out and just see it as a chance to be arseholes and p155 other people off with no real care of the message

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 18:42 - Feb 17 with 1399 viewsbluelagos

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 18:33 - Feb 17 by bluelagos

It does seem counter productive to be destroying a bit of greenery. Much like targeting the tube (a green mode of transport)

There was a documentary on XR last night (C5) which was very interesting. One issue is that they are a very loose movement where pretty much anyone can organise a protest. The tube protest was very unpopular within the movement - yet their structure (or lack of) meant it went ahead anyway.

So they will inevitably have some protests that are far from ideal. Which is a shame as the negative publicity is latched onto by many when in reality we should be talking about the issues they seek to raise rather than the misguided methods some groups use.

https://www.my5.tv/extinction-rebellion-the-inside-story/season-1/extinction-reb

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 18:58 - Feb 17 with 1351 viewsswede

If only XR had kept up with the news they would have read last Friday that the government planning inspector had recommended to East Suffolk Council that the proposed lorry park be removed from the local plan. He has ruled that there is no evidence that there is a need fora lorry park based on predicted future container trade through the port. He has also ruled that the cost of a new junction on the A14 would be prohibitive and not feasible.

This is a huge victory for local democracy and local residents who have put forward their protests in a legal and peaceful manner and also raised funds to pay experts to argue the case.

XR could have saved themselves all the bother of their ridiculous protest and the bad publicity that their vandalism has bought. We local residents are appalled that they have taken such action in our name.

Oh...and if the BBC had bothered to check, they would have realised that the proposed lorry park was in Trimley St. Martin, not Trimley St. Mary!
So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 19:02 - Feb 17 with 1335 viewslowhouseblue

the ironic thing is that traffic in cambridge today has been fine. actually better than normal. why's that? because it's half-term and the posh kids aren't being driven across the city in their 4 by 4s to go to school. why is the xr event this week? because it's half-term and the school kids can take part. better than the parents having to find child care i guess.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 19:09 - Feb 17 with 1313 viewsTractorWood

I work in Cambridge and their traffic blockades have had absolutely no impact. This turf thing is in extremely poor taste and is likely to be hugely counter productive to their demands.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 19:10 - Feb 17 with 1297 viewsCoachRob

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 19:02 - Feb 17 by lowhouseblue

the ironic thing is that traffic in cambridge today has been fine. actually better than normal. why's that? because it's half-term and the posh kids aren't being driven across the city in their 4 by 4s to go to school. why is the xr event this week? because it's half-term and the school kids can take part. better than the parents having to find child care i guess.

You're obviously not aware of the Fridays for Future school strikes that have been going on.
So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 19:13 - Feb 17 with 1278 viewslowhouseblue

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 19:10 - Feb 17 by CoachRob

You're obviously not aware of the Fridays for Future school strikes that have been going on.

i certainly am. i often hear them around the city centre squeaking out their chants. they're laudable.

but their attempt to create traffic chaos has been entirely nullified by the effect of them not being driven to school. which is funny.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So, XR, there's mud in your...errr...bank on 19:21 - Feb 17 with 1251 viewsPlums

It’s brilliantly British that there’s more outrage over the destruction of a manicured lawn than many of their other disruptive stunts.
This one’s misguided.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024