Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you buy illegal drugs 17:25 - Feb 17 with 63624 viewschicoazul

these are the kind of people you are funding and the activities in which you are complicit, all for your bit of fun; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/16/hell-on-sea-dawlish-drugs-gang-geo

Great guys these drug buyers. Participants in wrecking their own communities.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:30 - Feb 17 with 8173 viewssparks

There can be little doubt that if middle class and middle aged folks stopped taking coke and pot, there would be a consequent significant reduction in the market which is supplied by violent criminal gangs exploiting vulnerable people and children to create their supply lines.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:30 - Feb 17 with 8167 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:30 - Feb 17 by sparks

There can be little doubt that if middle class and middle aged folks stopped taking coke and pot, there would be a consequent significant reduction in the market which is supplied by violent criminal gangs exploiting vulnerable people and children to create their supply lines.

Yep.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:33 - Feb 17 with 8138 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:30 - Feb 17 by sparks

Seeing as that's not going to happen, you could try legalising in order to stop violent criminal gangs exploiting vulnerable people and children.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:34 - Feb 17 with 8131 viewsDarth_Koont

Criminals operating and thriving in an illegal trade. Well, I never!!

Pronouns: He/Him

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:34 - Feb 17 with 8134 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:33 - Feb 17 by BrixtonBlue

Seeing as that's not going to happen, you could try legalising in order to stop violent criminal gangs exploiting vulnerable people and children.

It should definitely be Big Pharma exploiting vulnerable people and children instead.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:34 - Feb 17 with 8129 viewsJ2BLUE

Let the mental gymnastics begin!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:36 - Feb 17 with 8094 viewsHerbivore

From your article:

"This prompts a perhaps unexpected thought from the retired minister, Roger Whitehead, 78, who runs the centre. He suggests that drugs need to be taken out of the hands of organised crime gangs such as the Geordies. “The only answer is to make it legal and controlled,” he says. “We have to admit that we have lost the war on drugs.”"

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:38 - Feb 17 with 8105 viewsnoggin

I don't know why you keep repeating this, we all know that the drugs business is controlled by criminal gangs. Are you expecting us to say, "Oooh, I didn't know that, I'll stop with immediate effect."?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:38 - Feb 17 with 8082 viewsBackToRussia

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:36 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

From your article:

"This prompts a perhaps unexpected thought from the retired minister, Roger Whitehead, 78, who runs the centre. He suggests that drugs need to be taken out of the hands of organised crime gangs such as the Geordies. “The only answer is to make it legal and controlled,” he says. “We have to admit that we have lost the war on drugs.”"

Another win for Mr Brains.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:39 - Feb 17 with 8087 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:38 - Feb 17 by noggin

I don't know why you keep repeating this, we all know that the drugs business is controlled by criminal gangs. Are you expecting us to say, "Oooh, I didn't know that, I'll stop with immediate effect."?

Expecting no, hoping yes.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:40 - Feb 17 with 8066 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:39 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

Let me tell you... It aint gonna happen.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:41 - Feb 17 with 8062 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:40 - Feb 17 by noggin

Let me tell you... It aint gonna happen.

Who knows? Societies attitudes change throughout history to a lot of things.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:42 - Feb 17 with 8033 viewsHerbivore

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:38 - Feb 17 by noggin

It also won't touch the issue in any case. These gangs prey on the vulnerable and on problem users. They are operating in deprived areas. They aren't slinging a gram to a banker outside Canary Wharf.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:44 - Feb 17 with 8025 viewsDarth_Koont

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:39 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

You are aware that Prohibition effectively built the Mafia in the US?

Not doing drugs is a social/health issue for an end-user and those around them. The criminality needs to be addressed at source.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:45 - Feb 17 with 8006 viewsfooters

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:42 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

It also won't touch the issue in any case. These gangs prey on the vulnerable and on problem users. They are operating in deprived areas. They aren't slinging a gram to a banker outside Canary Wharf.

Indeed. Us City types have our own ethical suppliers. As if I'd be seen getting into the back of an oik's Subaru Impreza.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:46 - Feb 17 with 8003 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:44 - Feb 17 by Darth_Koont

You are aware that Prohibition effectively built the Mafia in the US?

Not doing drugs is a social/health issue for an end-user and those around them. The criminality needs to be addressed at source.

Prohibition was an attempt to make something legal, illegal.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:47 - Feb 17 with 7977 viewsHerbivore

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:45 - Feb 17 by footers

Indeed. Us City types have our own ethical suppliers. As if I'd be seen getting into the back of an oik's Subaru Impreza.

I only buy organic and free trade, naturally.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:52 - Feb 17 with 7970 viewsDarth_Koont

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:46 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

Relevance? It was made illegal and then the criminals thrived.

Your answer to the problem of drug gangs is to put the onus on people who as a group aren't the best at doing things for their own good but now will stop buying drugs for society's good!??

It's not going to happen.

But of course this is probably more about your own rather strange and narrow moral strictness than any practical resolution to the problem.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 7966 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:46 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

With similar effect to the illegal drugs trade today. People want to get high and if the government won't let them, criminals will.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:57 - Feb 17 with 7929 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:52 - Feb 17 by Darth_Koont

Relevance? It was made illegal and then the criminals thrived.

Your answer to the problem of drug gangs is to put the onus on people who as a group aren't the best at doing things for their own good but now will stop buying drugs for society's good!??

It's not going to happen.

But of course this is probably more about your own rather strange and narrow moral strictness than any practical resolution to the problem.

Cocaine, MDMA etc are still illegal so I don't see why you would even bring Prohibition up myself. It's a non sequitur.
Many, a great many, of the people funding these gangs are perfectly cogent normal people, not drooling "addicts". If their eyes can be opened to the damage they are doing to our society with their selfish pleasures, maybe they will stop.

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:58 - Feb 17 with 7917 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:34 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

It should definitely be Big Pharma exploiting vulnerable people and children instead.

vs violent drug gangs?! Yes, absolutely!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:59 - Feb 17 with 7910 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:53 - Feb 17 by noggin

With similar effect to the illegal drugs trade today. People want to get high and if the government won't let them, criminals will.

Maybe if people are shown what their indulgences are doing to our society they will stop.

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:00 - Feb 17 with 7900 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:58 - Feb 17 by BrixtonBlue

vs violent drug gangs?! Yes, absolutely!

I would much rather drugs stay in the hands of tiny numbers of criminals than vast conglomerates with huge advertising budgets, R&D departments, and ruthless CEOs.

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:00 - Feb 17 with 7887 viewsDarth_Koont

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:57 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

Cocaine, MDMA etc are still illegal so I don't see why you would even bring Prohibition up myself. It's a non sequitur.
Many, a great many, of the people funding these gangs are perfectly cogent normal people, not drooling "addicts". If their eyes can be opened to the damage they are doing to our society with their selfish pleasures, maybe they will stop.

But THEY aren't doing the damage are they? There is a connection but you and I are just as connected if we can see the damage caused but refuse to be grown-up, responsible and realistic about the solution.

If you buy illegal drugs on 18:01 - Feb 17 with 7885 viewsnoggin

If you buy illegal drugs on 17:57 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

Why aren't you trying to have alcohol made illegal? It is directly responsible for crime and health problems for both user and loved ones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024