Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice to have the personnel playing... 21:21 - Feb 15 with 4451 viewsitfcjoe

...that could easily switch systems during the game today, think we actually looked better second half when we were 4 at the back as allowed Garbutt and Judge to affect the game in more forward positions.

Keane dropping in left us looking similar to our better spell at back end of last season in the Championship

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:33 - Feb 15 with 3969 viewsDublinBlue84

Keane got a load of abuse from around me for most of the match from a bunch of jokers who were constantly saying how much better Norwood was and he wouldn't miss the chances that Keane did, clearly they had a terribly strong case of amnesia.

Earl looked a good find today as well, he's clearly movable around from left back to left centre back and certainly gives us a few more options. Still not convinced totally on Edwards defensively and felt Woolfenden was off his game a bit but generally not too much to moan about.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:38 - Feb 15 with 3925 viewstextbackup

today was everything many other weeks have not been

- character to deal with going 1-0 down
- taking chances (although had we won 8-1 that would have been right)

...being the main difference.

Matey at leftback looked really comfortable bring the ball forwards, and strong defensively.
would have liked to see norward get on, purely because a wet pitch, mistakes happen, he could have got a goal to build confidence.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:44 - Feb 15 with 3898 viewsKeaneish

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:33 - Feb 15 by DublinBlue84

Keane got a load of abuse from around me for most of the match from a bunch of jokers who were constantly saying how much better Norwood was and he wouldn't miss the chances that Keane did, clearly they had a terribly strong case of amnesia.

Earl looked a good find today as well, he's clearly movable around from left back to left centre back and certainly gives us a few more options. Still not convinced totally on Edwards defensively and felt Woolfenden was off his game a bit but generally not too much to moan about.

Earl gives us good balance on that side being comfortable with the ball at his feet. Our distribution from the back was a lot better today but I thought Burton’s movement was poor in the final third and it was a fairly easy day at the office.

Edwards caught out positionally again exactly as he was against Posh. Thought he struggled a bit out of possession today.

Nolan really does little to nothing on the ball. He’ll keep it ticking over but I rarely see him look for insightful incisive balls.

Keane needs to spot the telling pass a bit sooner - loves having too many touches as per his golden chance 5 mins in.

Other than that, great start to our must win fixtures and should really have been 8. Need 12 more games like that from Judge. Big players need to step up now.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:47 - Feb 15 with 3870 viewsPJH

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:44 - Feb 15 by Keaneish

Earl gives us good balance on that side being comfortable with the ball at his feet. Our distribution from the back was a lot better today but I thought Burton’s movement was poor in the final third and it was a fairly easy day at the office.

Edwards caught out positionally again exactly as he was against Posh. Thought he struggled a bit out of possession today.

Nolan really does little to nothing on the ball. He’ll keep it ticking over but I rarely see him look for insightful incisive balls.

Keane needs to spot the telling pass a bit sooner - loves having too many touches as per his golden chance 5 mins in.

Other than that, great start to our must win fixtures and should really have been 8. Need 12 more games like that from Judge. Big players need to step up now.

Agree about Edwards and Nolan.

Get KVY back instead of Edwards and anybody instead of Nolan and there is a team there that should collect quite a lot of points from hereon in.
Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:51 - Feb 15 with 3853 viewstextbackup

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:33 - Feb 15 by DublinBlue84

mid game abuse really has got to a pathetic level at PR. I actually hate a large majority of our fans.
because had norwood missed they'd have said the same sht. its got worse year on year

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:00 - Feb 15 with 3800 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I agree, actually said to my friends on the 9th minute that I would switch to a 4-4-2 because the quick switch was obviously their plan to aim to double up on our wing-backs and it worked early on.

Transitioned into a 4-4-2 so easily didn't recognise for 5 or so minutes.

It was tick next to Lambert's name for his tactical ability though, something that has been criticised before, even by myself.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:08 - Feb 15 with 3752 viewsunstableblue

I missed the game today Joe. Thanks for insights.

Such a necessary performance and 3 points.

Oxford will be a whole different ball game; I thought they looked very good on the ball, even in the monsoon.

Are you saying Chambo went to right back and Edwards moved into right wing?

How was Bishop in his cameo? And did Earl look better than Wilson?

Thanks

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:09 - Feb 15 with 3746 viewsDyland

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:51 - Feb 15 by textbackup

mid game abuse really has got to a pathetic level at PR. I actually hate a large majority of our fans.
because had norwood missed they'd have said the same sht. its got worse year on year

There's a vocal minority of ignorant sh1tkickers who should take up boxing or try and get laid, instead of ruining the football for people into football.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:15 - Feb 15 with 3719 viewsPJH

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:08 - Feb 15 by unstableblue

Oxford will be a whole different ball game; I thought they looked very good on the ball, even in the monsoon.

Thanks

Joe is not online at the moment so I will answer your questions and hope that Joe agrees with my answers.

Edwards went to RB, Judge went to wide right,Earl LB, Garbutt LMF.

Bishop looked very sharp when he first came on and in my opinion did more in his first 65 seconds than Nolan did in his 65 minutes or so.

Earl is a better footballer than Wilson-Wilson is a defender and nothing else but has usually done what is necessary.

Oxford did look pretty good even in the monsoon.
Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:17 - Feb 15 with 3707 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:08 - Feb 15 by unstableblue

Thanks

Oxford will be a different ball game, important not to get carried away on a really good performance today.

Edwards stayed a RB with Chambers and Woolfenden, with Earl at (LB), pushed Garbutt up to LM.

Bishop was lively in his cameo, first good touches to beat his man and also a lovely effort on denied by an outstanding save.

All about minutes for him right now.

Earl a lot more cultured, Wilson little more than a stopper.

Hope this helps.

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:18 - Feb 15 with 3697 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:15 - Feb 15 by PJH

Joe is not online at the moment so I will answer your questions and hope that Joe agrees with my answers.

Edwards went to RB, Judge went to wide right,Earl LB, Garbutt LMF.

Bishop looked very sharp when he first came on and in my opinion did more in his first 65 seconds than Nolan did in his 65 minutes or so.

Earl is a better footballer than Wilson-Wilson is a defender and nothing else but has usually done what is necessary.

Oxford did look pretty good even in the monsoon.

Good lord, I must have wrote mine exactly as you did as I didn't see yours.

Looks as though I have carbon copied your thought process there though.

Apologise PJH.

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:19 - Feb 15 with 3679 viewsPJH

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:18 - Feb 15 by TheTrueBlue1878

Good lord, I must have wrote mine exactly as you did as I didn't see yours.

Looks as though I have carbon copied your thought process there though.

Apologise PJH.

It looks like we both know what we are talking about.
Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:26 - Feb 15 with 3622 viewsunstableblue

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:17 - Feb 15 by TheTrueBlue1878

Oxford will be a different ball game, important not to get carried away on a really good performance today.

Edwards stayed a RB with Chambers and Woolfenden, with Earl at (LB), pushed Garbutt up to LM.

Bishop was lively in his cameo, first good touches to beat his man and also a lovely effort on denied by an outstanding save.

Hope this helps.

Trueblue and PJH (although are you one and the same) - thanks for great insights.

Joe is moribund

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:33 - Feb 15 with 3585 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The other way of looking at this is Lambert's failure to change the system when he clearly doesn't have the personnel available for it. Edwards really is not a wing back (and it sounds like Earl was even less so when he played there recently too). Lambert really needs to learn to be more flexible with the formation and ensure it suits the players he is using.

Here's hoping he somehow gets it right from now on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:39 - Feb 15 with 3548 viewsMaySixth

good summary

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:43 - Feb 15 with 3536 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:33 - Feb 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

The other way of looking at this is Lambert's failure to change the system when he clearly doesn't have the personnel available for it. Edwards really is not a wing back (and it sounds like Earl was even less so when he played there recently too). Lambert really needs to learn to be more flexible with the formation and ensure it suits the players he is using.

Here's hoping he somehow gets it right from now on.

I think criticism of Lambert's tactical knowledge (I have done it myself) today is slightly harsh.

He set up in a way which he clearly wants to implement longer term, but we were creating enough chances to be 3 up at half time, and we were still leading at the break regardless. But he tweaked it at half time to maybe show we still have that flexibility and can still dominate.

On Edwards, he does receive some stick, but I actually think he has come along well as a wing-back, considering it is not his position and is an understudy to KVY, think has played RM/LM/RB/LWB, I actually think he doing quite well.

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:47 - Feb 15 with 3519 viewsSarge

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 21:51 - Feb 15 by textbackup

Agreed. So many pig headed simpletons around in the lower coop stand recently. It’s supposed to be the family zone yet they appear to be middle aged halfwits with nothing good to say. Arsewipe behind me today was giving constant abuse until we scored when he then stood silent with hands in pockets looking miserable.
Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:47 - Feb 15 with 3512 viewsSonOfSpock

Always 442 for me, particularly outside of Premier league.
Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:52 - Feb 15 with 3481 viewsKeaneish

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:17 - Feb 15 by TheTrueBlue1878

Hope this helps.

I don’t see Oxford being too much of a hurdle. They’ve lost their two best players in the window and have been on a downward trajectory since. Another must win coming up.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:53 - Feb 15 with 3473 viewsMaySixth

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:52 - Feb 15 by Keaneish

I don’t see Oxford being too much of a hurdle. They’ve lost their two best players in the window and have been on a downward trajectory since. Another must win coming up.

Good team, well coached, Dickie is an excellent centre back, won't be easy

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 23:04 - Feb 15 with 3440 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 22:52 - Feb 15 by Keaneish

Whilst I agree losing Baptiste and Fosu is a blow for them, still think they have enough artillery to hurt teams on their day.

Holland and Browne are kids so naturally blow hot and cold, but when hot they can be red hot in this league.

Rob Dickie has been pointed out, but Cameron Brannagan is the stand out player for me. Glues everything together for them in central midfield.

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 00:26 - Feb 16 with 3320 viewsclive_baker

For me I think we just play better when we have better footballers on the field, it’s relatively straight forward.

Wilson is a reliable enough stopper but he’s awful with the ball. Although I’m not convinced Earl is a great deal better with the ball, he’s naturally left sided which frees up Woolfy on the right and Chambers in the central role. Garbutt makes the world of difference at left back or further forward at left midfield, and Earl left back. Edwards isn’t much of a defender, but he’s a much better footballer than Donacien. Getting KVY back there will be a huge win.

In midfield, I rate Huws but we’re better without him. He slows the game down too much and isn’t close to the player he was pre injury yet. Judge has quality that most of our midfield don’t. Him and Downes should be the constants there.

We looked a lot better today and long may it continue. Oxford home next, another 3 points please and let’s get a run going.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 0:29]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 03:32 - Feb 16 with 3221 viewsStNeotsBlue

To be fair to Keane, our equaliser came from a lovely 1st time weighted pass to Jackson.
Nice to have the personnel playing... on 07:20 - Feb 16 with 3076 viewsBlueAllOver

Nice to have the personnel playing... on 00:26 - Feb 16 by clive_baker

For me I think we just play better when we have better footballers on the field, it’s relatively straight forward.

Wilson is a reliable enough stopper but he’s awful with the ball. Although I’m not convinced Earl is a great deal better with the ball, he’s naturally left sided which frees up Woolfy on the right and Chambers in the central role. Garbutt makes the world of difference at left back or further forward at left midfield, and Earl left back. Edwards isn’t much of a defender, but he’s a much better footballer than Donacien. Getting KVY back there will be a huge win.

In midfield, I rate Huws but we’re better without him. He slows the game down too much and isn’t close to the player he was pre injury yet. Judge has quality that most of our midfield don’t. Him and Downes should be the constants there.

We looked a lot better today and long may it continue. Oxford home next, another 3 points please and let’s get a run going.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 0:29]

Earl should have been given opportunity long before he did, yes he got an injury, but was fit for weeks before that, much better on the ball than Wilson. A more attacking line-up yesterday than midweek and paid dividends, credit to Lambert.
Nice to have the personnel playing... on 07:55 - Feb 16 with 3000 viewslazyblue

Nolan, is a good player and one of the reasons today we used the ball so much better, take it you missed the pass which Judge nearly scored with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024