Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world 14:58 - Feb 14 with 589 viewsIllinoisblue

Now, here we are imploding. Football, bloody hell.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world on 15:01 - Feb 14 with 587 viewsHerbivore

Think some of us were urging caution even then. Wins against Accrington, Lincoln and Tranmere, two of them by a single goal, is not the stuff that seasons are built on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world on 15:05 - Feb 14 with 561 viewsIllinoisblue

Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world on 15:01 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

Think some of us were urging caution even then. Wins against Accrington, Lincoln and Tranmere, two of them by a single goal, is not the stuff that seasons are built on.

A win is a win. We’ve rarely looked fully convincing, I would agree. It’s just the swiftness of our decline that’s startling. Of course we’re not out of it yet...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world on 15:07 - Feb 14 with 551 viewsBLUEBEAT

Poll: W or W

Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world on 15:10 - Feb 14 with 534 viewspeterleeblue

Hmm. I think the more astute amongst saw the next 3 fixtures as season defining. It was a chance to really put some distance between ourselves and the challengers and laying down a statement.. In reality it turned out as expected. We are not good enough.
Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world on 15:10 - Feb 14 with 533 viewsHerbivore

Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world on 15:05 - Feb 14 by Illinoisblue

A win is a win. We’ve rarely looked fully convincing, I would agree. It’s just the swiftness of our decline that’s startling. Of course we’re not out of it yet...

The performance against Rotherham was shambolic, possibly the worst I've seen from us. From there we've not really recovered. I just don't get a sense that Lambert has a clue what he's doing and he seems to just massively be in denial.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world on 15:20 - Feb 14 with 501 viewsRadlett_blue

Just 20 days ago we were top of the league and all seemed right with the world on 15:10 - Feb 14 by peterleeblue

Hmm. I think the more astute amongst saw the next 3 fixtures as season defining. It was a chance to really put some distance between ourselves and the challengers and laying down a statement.. In reality it turned out as expected. We are not good enough.

Exactly. We have had 2/3 of the season & by now, the league table rarely lies. The consistent failures to beat any of the top 8 teams is also probably a good indicator of what level town are at. Given our form over the past 3 months and now 4 bad results in a row, you would doubt our ability even to reach the play offs. Lambert is rehearsing his excuses already but it's simple. either the squad isn't good enough or he isn't getting the best out of it (or some combination of those 2 things).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024