Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter 21:09 - Feb 13 with 3550 viewsIllinoisblue

Beginning to think he’s a troll, such is his limited grasp on economics. Wonder if the protest will actually happen.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:11 - Feb 13 with 3518 viewsBluefish

Same for all ME out people might as well demand Messi on loan. Thick fooooks

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:14 - Feb 13 with 3490 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:11 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

Don’t think that’s fair.

I think problem during ME tenure actually are deeper than ‘we want more money’.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:15 - Feb 13 with 3482 viewsCoco

seems overly harsh. It may at least stop him believing the fans think everything is great now and start seeing Lambert for the silver tongued charlatan he really is.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:19 - Feb 13 with 3468 viewstextbackup

Aren’t you out on the piss?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:19 - Feb 13 with 3464 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:14 - Feb 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

Don’t think that’s fair.

I think problem during ME tenure actually are deeper than ‘we want more money’.

The problems are deeper but the solution involves finding someone who can buy him out who is any better … or ME changing his ability to make good decisions.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:31 - Feb 13 with 3406 viewsBloomBlue

The silly thing is Mike Ashley will be looking for a new club soon after selling Newcastle we just need to wait for him to be available protesting against ME will probably result in him deciding not to buy us, fans shooting themselves in the foot.
That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 3405 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:19 - Feb 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

The problems are deeper but the solution involves finding someone who can buy him out who is any better … or ME changing his ability to make good decisions.

Much deeper. Building a better recruitment infrastructure would be the number 1 priority for me. But it would mean slight loosening of purse strings, but there is a market for us to buy shall we say ‘gems’ without spending fortunes, such as KVY for 500k

When you look at P’boro who bought Frankie Kent and Sirki Dembele respectively for 350k and 200k it suggests there is a market to build an exciting team. If Evans can’t stretch to them ‘limits’ we may as well close the gates as there is very little hope.

But it has to be done properly, not £1.6m on Jackson and £2m on Nsiala and Nolan.

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:37 - Feb 13 with 3375 viewsBluefish

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:19 - Feb 13 by textbackup

Aren’t you out on the piss?

Wrote it while having a piss

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:39 - Feb 13 with 3367 viewstextbackup

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:37 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

Wrote it while having a piss

Sit down wees are for girls

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:41 - Feb 13 with 3355 viewsPJH

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:39 - Feb 13 by textbackup

Sit down wees are for girls

I was going to ask which hand he types with.
That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:49 - Feb 13 with 3328 viewsMullet

Thought it was pretty clear in fairness. What are people protesting exactly? This is just the reckoning of Evans bowing to their will and it going south isn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 22:18 - Feb 13 with 3232 viewsIllinoisblue

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 21:32 - Feb 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

Much deeper. Building a better recruitment infrastructure would be the number 1 priority for me. But it would mean slight loosening of purse strings, but there is a market for us to buy shall we say ‘gems’ without spending fortunes, such as KVY for 500k

When you look at P’boro who bought Frankie Kent and Sirki Dembele respectively for 350k and 200k it suggests there is a market to build an exciting team. If Evans can’t stretch to them ‘limits’ we may as well close the gates as there is very little hope.

But it has to be done properly, not £1.6m on Jackson and £2m on Nsiala and Nolan.

This x 100. It was very telling that a couple months ago Lee O’Neill was proudly talking about how we now have a proper scouting network in place. Think about that. The year 2020, Evans in charge for a decade and only now we’ve figured out it’s worth putting time and effort into scouting.

Absolute clown show of a football club

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 22:29 - Feb 13 with 3193 viewsMetal_Hacker

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 22:18 - Feb 13 by Illinoisblue

This x 100. It was very telling that a couple months ago Lee O’Neill was proudly talking about how we now have a proper scouting network in place. Think about that. The year 2020, Evans in charge for a decade and only now we’ve figured out it’s worth putting time and effort into scouting.

If they’re kicking off and protesting about mis-management and bad business decisions at board level ie The Owner I agree it should go ahead.

If it’s merely kicking off due to not spending enough I’d struggle to back that to be fair

As already stated ...a clown running a clown show

Poll: If it were one or the other

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 22:54 - Feb 13 with 3119 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 22:18 - Feb 13 by Illinoisblue

I will reserve judgement on our 'new found’ scouting network that Lee O’Neill is talking about. It’s very easy to say the right things in front of a microphone, however as we know all to often with anything Ipswich related, very little is followed through with meaningful action.

It is very hard to trust any sort of scouting network when the like of Sammie Szmodics and Frenkie Kent were on your doorstep for 4 years, and Kane Vincent-Young was turned away from his initial trial.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 9:19]

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 07:49 - Feb 14 with 2846 viewsGuthrum

Most of these things are expressions of frustrated rage over the descent of Ipswich from its glorious, if now distant, history to where we are now, directed at whatever targets are closest to hand (owner, manager, players).

By no means is all of that unjustified, tho it can be poorly thought out. However, it also ignores all the environmental changes in English football over the last two or three decades. The separation of the top tier in the Prem, leveraging their weight to exert influence and get richer. The vast inflation which has happened in transfer fees and wages as a result. The wealthy but sometimes dodgy owners coming in. The clubs risking bankruptcy in the often vain hope of success.

A lot of those things were lauded by the English fanbase, who revelled in the big spending, for example. But have proven to be very damaging, except right at the top of the pyramid. It's a bit like people not wanting to crack down on dubious get rich quick scams because they one day hope to succeed at it themselves.

Meanwhile we continue to blame the closest targets while ignoring the underlying causes.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 7:53]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 07:55 - Feb 14 with 2829 viewsRegencyBlue

I wish him well.

At least those involved are trying to do something rather than just sitting back and watching Evans continued ineptitude slowly destroy the club without a murmur!
That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 08:31 - Feb 14 with 2779 viewsChurchman

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 07:49 - Feb 14 by Guthrum

Most of these things are expressions of frustrated rage over the descent of Ipswich from its glorious, if now distant, history to where we are now, directed at whatever targets are closest to hand (owner, manager, players).

By no means is all of that unjustified, tho it can be poorly thought out. However, it also ignores all the environmental changes in English football over the last two or three decades. The separation of the top tier in the Prem, leveraging their weight to exert influence and get richer. The vast inflation which has happened in transfer fees and wages as a result. The wealthy but sometimes dodgy owners coming in. The clubs risking bankruptcy in the often vain hope of success.

A lot of those things were lauded by the English fanbase, who revelled in the big spending, for example. But have proven to be very damaging, except right at the top of the pyramid. It's a bit like people not wanting to crack down on dubious get rich quick scams because they one day hope to succeed at it themselves.

Meanwhile we continue to blame the closest targets while ignoring the underlying causes.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 7:53]

While I fully agree about how football has changed, that should not mask ITFCs descent from being one of the best run clubs in English football to one of the worst. There is no excuse for it.

If others with less can do so much better, why shouldn’t the relatively large fan base for Division 3 expect more? Should we just sit back and accept mediocrity at best season after season and that we are not in the same league as the big boys like Peterborough and Wycombe? Evans seems to have done, but I don’t see why the 21000 that witnessed the hiding the other week or the point scraped from mighty Gillingham at Christmas should.
That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 08:55 - Feb 14 with 2737 viewsitfcjoe

People are just grumpy because we are doing badly in the league, ironically it is the manager who is at fault for that rather than the owner.

When Mick was massively overpeforming in the Championship and Evans had both of Mick's hands tied behind his back they picked the wrong target then as well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 09:22 - Feb 14 with 2652 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 08:55 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

People are just grumpy because we are doing badly in the league, ironically it is the manager who is at fault for that rather than the owner.

When Mick was massively overpeforming in the Championship and Evans had both of Mick's hands tied behind his back they picked the wrong target then as well

I personally feel that right now its a cocktail of failure, whilst you could argue Lambert is the main ingredient, there is certainly another angle that would suggest Evans and the players are just as much to blame.

Although I agree on Mick McCarthy, did a fantastic job at Ipswich whilst constantly being blind-folded and hands tied behind his back. Fans certainly picked the wrong target then.

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 09:37 - Feb 14 with 2622 viewsitfcjoe

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 09:22 - Feb 14 by TheTrueBlue1878

I personally feel that right now its a cocktail of failure, whilst you could argue Lambert is the main ingredient, there is certainly another angle that would suggest Evans and the players are just as much to blame.

Although I agree on Mick McCarthy, did a fantastic job at Ipswich whilst constantly being blind-folded and hands tied behind his back. Fans certainly picked the wrong target then.

The problem is if it is the players then that is the managers responsibility to shape them up or ship them out - and ultimately you can't sack a playing squad so manager will carry the can, rightly or wrongly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 09:42 - Feb 14 with 2601 viewsr2d2

Big girls blouse.
That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 13:09 - Feb 14 with 2486 viewsGuthrum

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 08:31 - Feb 14 by Churchman

While I fully agree about how football has changed, that should not mask ITFCs descent from being one of the best run clubs in English football to one of the worst. There is no excuse for it.

If others with less can do so much better, why shouldn’t the relatively large fan base for Division 3 expect more? Should we just sit back and accept mediocrity at best season after season and that we are not in the same league as the big boys like Peterborough and Wycombe? Evans seems to have done, but I don’t see why the 21000 that witnessed the hiding the other week or the point scraped from mighty Gillingham at Christmas should.

Only a very few teams have done better with less, mostly by a fortinate signing of manager or players (who then don't get injured).

The wider changes in football are important context for Evans' "underinvestment", which, in a previous era would have been more than adequate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 14:53 - Feb 14 with 2413 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That wake up or sell up fella on Twitter on 09:37 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

The problem is if it is the players then that is the managers responsibility to shape them up or ship them out - and ultimately you can't sack a playing squad so manager will carry the can, rightly or wrongly

Oh I don't disagree in terms of it will be the manager that receives the bullet. It is the managers job to shape up the team, and implement his style per say, and over 12 months on it is hard to say we have built any form of identity. But there have been moments this year the manager cannot control, Chambers V Sunderland (H) and Norris V P'boro (H) that spring to mind.

I just believe there are other angles that are just as influential. Recruitment being one of the key factors.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024