Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? 10:40 - Feb 12 with 8894 viewsitfcjoe

For those who think the manager isn't good enough, then they won't disagree with this.

And for those who place the blame purely on the players, and the quality of the squad - is there any reason why you would want Lambert to be the man that leads the overhaul of the squad?

Our best bet is to get someone in now, see if there is a new manager bounce and then go from there - with that manager being able to overhaul squad if they deem necessary.

I just can't see how this turns round, and I can't see letting Lambert have another go at it, after what will be 2 seasons of utter failure is the right thing to do

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:42 - Feb 12 with 5062 viewsHerbivore

The only reason I can imagine is financial, that there is a break clause in his contract that means we can get rid in the summer more cheaply. From a footballing point of view I don't see the value in keeping him. Give a new manager a chance to have a free hit at cracking the top 6 and if it doesn't come off they've had time to assess the squad ahead of next season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:44 - Feb 12 with 5045 viewsStokieBlue

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:42 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

The only reason I can imagine is financial, that there is a break clause in his contract that means we can get rid in the summer more cheaply. From a footballing point of view I don't see the value in keeping him. Give a new manager a chance to have a free hit at cracking the top 6 and if it doesn't come off they've had time to assess the squad ahead of next season.

There is no value in keeping him.

Even if there is a break clause then put him on gardening leave until the end of the season, pay him until then and activate the clause.

We need new ideas right now or we aren't going to even threaten the play-offs.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:45 - Feb 12 with 5037 viewsKieran_Knows

Washed up, out of work managers around the country must be rubbing their hands together at the thought of this job becoming available (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:46 - Feb 12 with 5020 viewsSomethingBlue

Imagine it would cost a hell of a lot to get rid of him at any point between now and May. It's not happening. For me the situation is absolutely desperate and whether I like Lambert or not I'd ideally get Warnock in for three months and make sure of a play-off place — he would be bang up for it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:48 - Feb 12 with 5002 viewsLankHenners

As Herbivore mentioned the only real reason is to reach a clause to make getting rid cheaper. Possibly too late for a bounce to have much of an effect with a team that's spent the whole season unsure of how it's supposed to play and brutally low on confidence but wouldn't be adverse to trying it for sure.

He should have gone a while ago whilst the warning signs were only glowing rather than flashing red and on fire.

And to think Warnock's been sitting there waiting for someone to offer him a job this whole time.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:50 - Feb 12 with 4979 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:46 - Feb 12 by SomethingBlue

Imagine it would cost a hell of a lot to get rid of him at any point between now and May. It's not happening. For me the situation is absolutely desperate and whether I like Lambert or not I'd ideally get Warnock in for three months and make sure of a play-off place — he would be bang up for it.

Warnock until May - if he gets us up then he can have 12 months to stabilise us in the championship.

No promotion - Go and get Nathan Jones, players would suit his diamond formation and he knows this level well.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:50 - Feb 12 with 4980 viewsSteve_M

I think the only argument is to maintain some of the rebuilding work that he and O'Neill have been involved in behind the scenes. That is nothing without the first team performing.

So no, I'm back where I was after the Lincoln away game in that I can't muster an argument for him staying. I don't think he'll go before the end of the season though, Evans has backed him until then so we're down to needing to get a win on Saturday and trying to build from it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:53 - Feb 12 with 4937 viewsfooters

We didn't even sack Jewell. Lambert will be here a good while yet. Dear oh dear.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:53 - Feb 12 with 4929 viewsKieran_Knows

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:50 - Feb 12 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Warnock until May - if he gets us up then he can have 12 months to stabilise us in the championship.

No promotion - Go and get Nathan Jones, players would suit his diamond formation and he knows this level well.

I'd love us to get Nathan Jones, would've liked him after Mick left. I'd be amazed if Evans went for him though.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:54 - Feb 12 with 4918 viewsartsbossbeard

Surely, surely one of the caveats in the 5yr deal is promotion this term (playoffs or top 2)?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:54 - Feb 12 with 4918 viewshype313

No reason to keep him from our point of view, But I doubt Marcus will pull the trigger. It would be costly and as I've stated in other threads, I genuinely don't believe Evans is that hell bent on promotion and the subsequent financial investment it needs.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:56 - Feb 12 with 4894 viewsSwailsey

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:50 - Feb 12 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

I’d second the Warnock part massively.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:57 - Feb 12 with 4875 viewsHerbivore

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:53 - Feb 12 by Kieran_Knows

I'd love us to get Nathan Jones, would've liked him after Mick left. I'd be amazed if Evans went for him though.

Jones loves the diamond and there's a decent case that it's the formation that best suits our personnel, despite Lambert barely ever trying it.

Downes/Skuse at the base Huws/Dozzell to the left with Nolan/Bishop on the right then Judge/Dobra/Keane in the most advanced role. We'd have struggled a bit the last two games with the full backs at our disposal but with that much quality in the middle of the park you'd hope we could do damage still.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:59 - Feb 12 with 4846 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:44 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

There is no value in keeping him.

Even if there is a break clause then put him on gardening leave until the end of the season, pay him until then and activate the clause.

We need new ideas right now or we aren't going to even threaten the play-offs.

SB

Presumably though any break clause allowing us to dismiss him cheaply would be on the proviso of us either failing to get promoted or missing the playoffs, in which case a replacement coming in and achieving that would mean the clause wouldn’t apply

Although if it’s the former then arguably it would still be worthwhile

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:04 - Feb 12 with 4790 viewsHullblue

I have no idea what Lambert is playing at a lot of the time. But I have no faith in Evans and O’Neil appointing a good replacement either.

If he appoints another in the PL mould then I fear it will be similar, except the new guy will know less about the squad and spend months f’ing around.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:05 - Feb 12 with 4775 viewsStokieBlue

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:59 - Feb 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Presumably though any break clause allowing us to dismiss him cheaply would be on the proviso of us either failing to get promoted or missing the playoffs, in which case a replacement coming in and achieving that would mean the clause wouldn’t apply

Although if it’s the former then arguably it would still be worthwhile

If we got promoted would we care?

It would be a case of working out the difference between another year in League One or getting promoted and paying off Lambert.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:08 - Feb 12 with 4743 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:05 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

If we got promoted would we care?

It would be a case of working out the difference between another year in League One or getting promoted and paying off Lambert.

SB

Isn’t that what I said in my second paragraph?

That logic work if it was playoff based though - plus I still think it’s a bit of a stretch to think that Lambert would have signed a long term deal that allowed us to bin him off immediately if we failed to get promotion this year

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:09 - Feb 12 with 4735 viewsRobTheMonk

He did nothing when he took over from Hurst apart from up the mood. Their record over their first 15 games is nearly identical. Hell, he even complained that we had too many loans and then proceeded to have 6 loans (you can only have 5 in a match day squad)! He's done nothing of note on the pitch. It all looks so disjointed and the players look scared in big games.

The PR and getting everyone onside has saved him. Some nice wins against mid-lower League 1 teams is nothing to write home about.

Evans is delusional as well. Using school times, wait until February half term at least before giving a manager a 5 year contract. In my opinion, he's just prematurely assumed that because we were top of the League in October/November that we'd smash the league.
Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:09 - Feb 12 with 4729 viewsIpswichKnight

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 10:46 - Feb 12 by SomethingBlue

Originally I was suggesting this as well, not only would he get the best out of the current squad he would equally be good at removing the dead wood clogging up our squad. What changed my mind was seeing Chris Houghton sitting in a sky studio doing nothing but punditry work, he would be a really good fit for us ( now someone is going to come along and tell me he is working for a club already! )
Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:09 - Feb 12 with 4726 viewsMrTown

Financially I would suggest yes.

In terms of on field matters, absolutely not, would relieve him of his duties today.

Club needs a fresh start, someone who has to big 'cojones' to truly put faith in the future, not just bullsh*t to the media they are putting faith in the future whilst stats show we are 18th for most minutes to u23's.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:18 - Feb 12 with 4645 viewsNewcyBlue

He’s had a chance to overhaul the squad. He’s had a pre-season.

He had a large part of last season.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:21 - Feb 12 with 4611 viewsKeaneish

If someone came in post Burton they'd have 12 games. Mick managed an excellent 23 points from 36 when he arrived in difficult circumstances. If we use that as a yard stick for a new manager bounce / implementation of new ideas, i'm not sure that would be enough for us to make the play-offs in truth. You could argue we're not as beleaguered as we were back then and could expect more of a return but it's a gamble, which i don't think Evans would take.

I'd stick it out til the end of the season and maybe bin him off even if we do go up. I can't imagine the players want change again just yet either.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:31 - Feb 12 with 4547 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:21 - Feb 12 by Keaneish

If someone came in post Burton they'd have 12 games. Mick managed an excellent 23 points from 36 when he arrived in difficult circumstances. If we use that as a yard stick for a new manager bounce / implementation of new ideas, i'm not sure that would be enough for us to make the play-offs in truth. You could argue we're not as beleaguered as we were back then and could expect more of a return but it's a gamble, which i don't think Evans would take.

I'd stick it out til the end of the season and maybe bin him off even if we do go up. I can't imagine the players want change again just yet either.

The highest points total for 6th place in the last 10 years was 74 points - and that was in a 46 game season. 72 points will absolutely be enough this time around

Plus the situation Mick inherited is vastly different to what any new man theoretically arriving today would receive - a higher points total should absolutely be the aim

Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:32 - Feb 12 with 4547 viewsagravenor

Yup, get rid now I would say (and i've been a supporter in the past)

Nathan Jones is a great shout.

i'm sure PL is here until the end of season though.
Without being over dramatic, is there any reason to keep Lambert? on 11:35 - Feb 12 with 4531 viewsJackPITFC

Honestly, PR Paul will go down as one of the worst managers in Ipswich history.

I say make a change now and go for Nathan Jones let him build a legacy don't base him off what happened at Stoke.

It's just upsetting seeing the Model of a small club like Brentford spending big money even when we where in the Championship and even now with below 12,000 gates. They seem to have got it right, where as we have got it so wrong...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024