Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is bonkers from Lambert 10:37 - Feb 12 with 1853 viewsStokieBlue

“If we weren’t creating chances then I’d think ‘OK, we’re not creating’ but we’re creating things and things are happening, we’re on the front foot, dominating things and should have had more out of today and Saturday, that’s for sure.”

We don't create anything and nothing happens. That is the entire problem. I have no idea what games Lambert has been watching this season but they don't seem to be ours.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This is bonkers from Lambert on 10:39 - Feb 12 with 1835 viewsHerbivore

Watching the highlights from last night there wasn't what I'd call a clear cut chance for us. Norwood one on one was probably the closest but his touch took him too close to the keeper. That said, I'd expect a decent striker to have taken one of the three half chances that Norwood had.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is bonkers from Lambert on 10:41 - Feb 12 with 1814 viewsitfcjoe

This is bonkers from Lambert on 10:39 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Watching the highlights from last night there wasn't what I'd call a clear cut chance for us. Norwood one on one was probably the closest but his touch took him too close to the keeper. That said, I'd expect a decent striker to have taken one of the three half chances that Norwood had.

And we didn't 'create' that, Norwood nicked the ball from a defender for it.

The other half chances were from corners.

We have created next to nothing in open play for 5 games, bar a couple of half chances against Sunderland

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is bonkers from Lambert on 10:45 - Feb 12 with 1785 viewsLankHenners

Obviously there's a lot of over-analysing bland manager press comments in football but it's a genuine worry Lambert believes what he says. It's like he's completely out of ideas and is just going through the motions repeating the same soundbites all the time.

All the crap about 'maybe we're better away', 'maybe we're better chasing' etc. is a total failure to face reality and do something about it. He's sitting on a very comfy contract and is content to make weak excuses and shun responsibility.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This is bonkers from Lambert on 10:49 - Feb 12 with 1751 viewsHerbivore

This is bonkers from Lambert on 10:41 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

We have created next to nothing in open play for 5 games, bar a couple of half chances against Sunderland

Yes, I did notice that pretty much all of our chances came from corners. Depressing stuff but utterly predictable when you have 4 CBs and a defensive full back on the pitch, plus a midfield trio where two of them tend to prefer sitting in as their first instinct.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is bonkers from Lambert on 10:50 - Feb 12 with 1739 viewsMrTown

Because he has to sell it that things are better than they are, there is no shock to it, he has been doing it since the day he arrived.

Even last year when we were bottom it was constantly; "we are playing at a really high level" etc.

He chats sh*t every single time he is front of a camera, means nothing, judge for yourself on the pitch would be my message.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

This is bonkers from Lambert on 10:54 - Feb 12 with 1714 viewsClareBlue

To be fair we did 'create' one chance with the through ball to the penalty area that was saved going into the top corner by their keeper. This from 90 minutes of play against a side that was not exactly from the top draw.

TBH, PL is insulting our inteligence more and more with his post match comments. We all watched the game, so why does he come out with some of the stuff he does. Why not say it was not good enough and we are working on changing it. Why keep saying 'we should have had more from the game' bla bla bla. Do football managers actually become delusional? or is it everyone else that is mad?
This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:16 - Feb 12 with 1604 viewsPhilTWTD

I suspect a manager might suggest that was created in the sense that it was pressure on the defenders which led to the error. Certainly Mick would I'm sure!

Putting my tin hat on, I thought we created more than has been suggested in the second half last night without ever pummelling them. As you say, most were the result of set pieces, but that's probably inevitable against a side which was so defensively-minded, and in open play there were the two chances Downes talked about when Jackson got in behind, which were decent opportunities. Certainly however you look at it there were more than enough chances to have won the game.
This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:25 - Feb 12 with 1553 viewsStokieBlue

This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:16 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I suspect a manager might suggest that was created in the sense that it was pressure on the defenders which led to the error. Certainly Mick would I'm sure!

Putting my tin hat on, I thought we created more than has been suggested in the second half last night without ever pummelling them. As you say, most were the result of set pieces, but that's probably inevitable against a side which was so defensively-minded, and in open play there were the two chances Downes talked about when Jackson got in behind, which were decent opportunities. Certainly however you look at it there were more than enough chances to have won the game.

Is that where we are now though Phil?

Two chances from open play against, lets face it, a really rubbish Wimbledon side.

This is League One, it's surely getting harder and harder to defend Lambert and the performances given the context. We weren't away at Leeds.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:27 - Feb 12 with 1539 viewshaynes_toe1

Mick wouldn't have had to make out that was a good chance created because we'd be midtable in the Championship if he was still here.
This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:31 - Feb 12 with 1517 viewsfooters

Talking of bonkers, can't believe Lambert seriously had Wickham as a target. The bloke's lost the plot.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:35 - Feb 12 with 1489 viewsPhilTWTD

This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:25 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

Is that where we are now though Phil?

Two chances from open play against, lets face it, a really rubbish Wimbledon side.

This is League One, it's surely getting harder and harder to defend Lambert and the performances given the context. We weren't away at Leeds.

SB

Wimbledon aren't a great side but they're organised and difficult to break down, which we know from years of taking a similar approach ourselves can pay dividends, particularly against teams lacking a bit of confidence. Even so, I thought we had more than enough chances to win last night's match.
This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:38 - Feb 12 with 1460 viewsJackPITFC

1 Goal from open play in 6 games back's this up.
This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:50 - Feb 12 with 1399 viewsStokieBlue

This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:35 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

Wimbledon aren't a great side but they're organised and difficult to break down, which we know from years of taking a similar approach ourselves can pay dividends, particularly against teams lacking a bit of confidence. Even so, I thought we had more than enough chances to win last night's match.

I think you're giving Lambert a fairly easy ride here, they are poor and we were awful.

They aren't that hard to break down, everyone seems to score 2 against them except Peterborough and a very poor Southend side. Last few matches:

- Fleetwood - 2 goals
- Accrington - 2 goals
- Burton - 2 goals
- Peterborough - 0 goals
- Pompey - 2 goals
- Southend - 1 goal
- Oxford - 2 goals

They had 1 clean sheet in the last 12 matches before last night.

I agree we should have put the game to bed but realistically we should be creating enough chances to win these games more comfortably. As it stands we have to score every chance as we are unlikely to get more.

SB

This is bonkers from Lambert on 12:01 - Feb 12 with 1347 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This is bonkers from Lambert on 11:50 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

I think you're giving Lambert a fairly easy ride here, they are poor and we were awful.

They aren't that hard to break down, everyone seems to score 2 against them except Peterborough and a very poor Southend side. Last few matches:

- Fleetwood - 2 goals
- Accrington - 2 goals
- Burton - 2 goals
- Peterborough - 0 goals
- Pompey - 2 goals
- Southend - 1 goal
- Oxford - 2 goals

They had 1 clean sheet in the last 12 matches before last night.

I agree we should have put the game to bed but realistically we should be creating enough chances to win these games more comfortably. As it stands we have to score every chance as we are unlikely to get more.

SB

I was going to post similar, but then noted that they had kept home clean sheets against Peterborough, Wycombe, Portsmouth and now us this season, which does lead some credence to the idea that they’re quite resolute when setting up to stop the opposition

I still agree broadly though, we were nowhere near good enough

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This is bonkers from Lambert on 12:03 - Feb 12 with 1335 viewsPinewoodblue

Against a team that is defensively minded you don’t need Cole Skuse sitting in front of three centre backs.

With a more creative player instead far more chances would have been made increasing the likelihood of us scoring.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This is bonkers from Lambert on 12:07 - Feb 12 with 1316 viewsStokieBlue

This is bonkers from Lambert on 12:01 - Feb 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I was going to post similar, but then noted that they had kept home clean sheets against Peterborough, Wycombe, Portsmouth and now us this season, which does lead some credence to the idea that they’re quite resolute when setting up to stop the opposition

I still agree broadly though, we were nowhere near good enough

A team like that needs players running at them which leads to defenders committing themselves and either being out of position or giving away dangerous freekicks.

We didn't have anyone who could do that yesterday. We had Skuse passing it in triangles with the back 3 whilst Wimbledon got themselves organised and thus very difficult to break down.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024