Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inflated Expectations?? 09:05 - Feb 12 with 991 viewsJohnWarksTash

LONG RANT COMING......

Am I the only one thinking some Town fans have an inflated sense of entitlement with regard our current position? We are in the third tier of English football for a reason. We were the worst team in the Championship by a long long way last season. There is no way we should expect to bounce back up at the first attempt and walk the league. Our squad wasn't strong enough last season and let's be honest it hasn't changed significantly this season. We were bottom....by a country mile. Why would our players magically become world beaters overnight just because we are the mighty ITFC.

We cannot live on past glories forever. We are a club that has been in decline for years and years and frankly it laughable that people are getting upset because we haven't won the league yet. It's going to take years to get back to some kind of success, if we ever will! The football landscape has changed since the 70's and 80's and it's highly unlikely we will ever get anywhere near past glories.

I think it's time some fans took their heads out of the backsides and stopped bleating on about how we should walk the league etc. We are not too good for this division...we are here because we are currently crap. Marcus has been stung by past manager so obviously won't throw money at the problem. Why would he??!! Until he decides he's had enough we are stuck watching mediocre players in a mediocre league.
Inflated Expectations?? on 09:10 - Feb 12 with 957 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

2000 was my first season, since the age of 10 I have not seen us higher than championship level and in terms of my adult life I have only witnessed one play off campaign. I am 28!

This is not about past glories, this is about a club stagnating and never seeking to push on.

Burnley, Hull, Luton even Bournemouth are all examples of clubs who have shot past us despite being on the edge of financial ruin or relegation out of the football league at times.

We are not trying to repeat the glories of 1978 or 1981, we just want a team to be proud of who has a glimmer of hope of achieving something

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Inflated Expectations?? on 09:18 - Feb 12 with 904 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Bury?
Oldham on the cards!

Or is ME hoping for a buyout?

The Price is dropping.

PL had such a long pre season for Div1 -8mths so not knowing your first 11 or style of play by January is embarrassing. How did ME give him a new contract?

ME must be either the unluckiest owners in terms of timing ang money given to manager to waste.
And
The most naive!

ME thanks for funding us but you need some help football wise - your yes men are failing you.
Inflated Expectations?? on 09:25 - Feb 12 with 852 viewsSwansea_Blue

Inflated Expectations?? on 09:18 - Feb 12 by BtreeBlueBlood

Bury?
Oldham on the cards!

Or is ME hoping for a buyout?

The Price is dropping.

PL had such a long pre season for Div1 -8mths so not knowing your first 11 or style of play by January is embarrassing. How did ME give him a new contract?

ME must be either the unluckiest owners in terms of timing ang money given to manager to waste.
And
The most naive!

ME thanks for funding us but you need some help football wise - your yes men are failing you.

That's the one advantage of driopping under ME; we'll become cheaper to buy (if you ignore the elephant in the room of the humnungous debts he's built up).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Inflated Expectations?? on 09:26 - Feb 12 with 852 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't think there is an entitled fan base.

I think we just want to see some form of structure, strategy and direction to the club.

Rather than drifting rudderless.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Inflated Expectations?? on 09:28 - Feb 12 with 830 viewsSikamikanico

Inflated Expectations?? on 09:25 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

That's the one advantage of driopping under ME; we'll become cheaper to buy (if you ignore the elephant in the room of the humnungous debts he's built up).

While there is the ME debt to consider - when there is a financially failing business he may well have to write off some or all of the debt to be able to attract a buyer.
Inflated Expectations?? on 09:29 - Feb 12 with 822 viewsSwansea_Blue

Inflated Expectations?? on 09:28 - Feb 12 by Sikamikanico

While there is the ME debt to consider - when there is a financially failing business he may well have to write off some or all of the debt to be able to attract a buyer.

Oh yeah, he'll have to. I imagine it just complicates things a bit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Inflated Expectations?? on 09:31 - Feb 12 with 797 viewsSikamikanico

Inflated Expectations?? on 09:29 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

Oh yeah, he'll have to. I imagine it just complicates things a bit.

Maybe, but this will be a part of any negotiations.

The main issue would be just how attractive a proposition would we be to a prospective buyer?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024