Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I miss Jim 23:19 - Feb 11 with 916 viewsCoastalblue

Yeah I know Mick was great, and he saved us and we performed miles above where we should be, but I'll be honest I never really warmed to the bloke and whilst I never joined in anything against him and always respected him I wasn't that bothered to see him go.

I hated Keane with a passion, before he came, while he was here and ever after. PJ was just like a sad joke that kept on getting sadder and funnier.

PL has flattered to deceive, briefly, and then gone down the PJ route.

I've not really felt the same way about the club since Jim went if I'm honest, though I guess there is another common denominator there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I miss Jim on 23:29 - Feb 11 with 871 viewsChurchman

Agree with all that though I loathed McCarthy. Despite over achieving results wise it felt like he was sucking the life out of the club like a dementor.

With Jim, he loved the club and was part of the Burley years. Compared to the clowns that followed, he was Klopp/Guardiola! However, he was a major rant merchant and you could see players shifting to the other side of the pitch to get away from it. But in reality, he wasn’t the greatest, as shown by his subsequent appointments.

The last good manager whose teams played football and excited was Royle who did amazingly well in the face of Administration and player sales. ITFC was still a proper club then.
I miss Jim on 23:34 - Feb 11 with 853 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I miss Jim on 23:29 - Feb 11 by Churchman

Agree with all that though I loathed McCarthy. Despite over achieving results wise it felt like he was sucking the life out of the club like a dementor.

With Jim, he loved the club and was part of the Burley years. Compared to the clowns that followed, he was Klopp/Guardiola! However, he was a major rant merchant and you could see players shifting to the other side of the pitch to get away from it. But in reality, he wasn’t the greatest, as shown by his subsequent appointments.

The last good manager whose teams played football and excited was Royle who did amazingly well in the face of Administration and player sales. ITFC was still a proper club then.

McCarthy started the rot in his final season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I miss Jim on 23:35 - Feb 11 with 848 viewsBlueBadger

I miss Jim on 23:34 - Feb 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

McCarthy started the rot in his final season.

Show your workings?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I miss Jim on 23:58 - Feb 11 with 807 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I miss Jim on 23:35 - Feb 11 by BlueBadger

Show your workings?

Are you blind?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I miss Jim on 00:01 - Feb 12 with 789 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I miss Jim too.

But I miss Joe the most. My god I loved watching his teams.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I miss Jim on 00:07 - Feb 12 with 759 viewsBlueBadger

I miss Jim on 23:58 - Feb 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Are you blind?

No, I'm interested to learn how you came to the conclusion that leaving us with a side capable of finishing mid-table championship is responsible for Hurst(who dismantled said side) and Lambert(who's flattered to deceive, at best) being utter, utter, utter dogsh1t.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024