Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget tactics... 22:30 - Feb 11 with 1136 viewsitfcjoe

...in a game like that, that you need to win it is about the balance of attacking players and defensive players

Out of the 10 outfielders I make it 6 defensive minded, 2 attackers and 2 to try and link them up

What did we expect to happen?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Forget tactics... on 22:34 - Feb 11 with 1070 viewsGuthrum

It's also about confidence. Even defensive players can get up there and have a decent shot on goal. Knudsen was always letting fly (if wildly), for example.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Forget tactics... on 22:38 - Feb 11 with 1033 viewsBackToRussia

Forget tactics... on 22:34 - Feb 11 by Guthrum

It's also about confidence. Even defensive players can get up there and have a decent shot on goal. Knudsen was always letting fly (if wildly), for example.

Our players seem to have lost all strength in their legs and their shots are all daisy cutters now. It's like one of those weird nightmares.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Forget tactics... on 22:45 - Feb 11 with 971 viewstractorboy1978

And 6 properly defensively minded too. That system without KVY/Garbutt is madness. You need creativity from the wing backs which Donacien and Earl/Kenlock don't offer.
Forget tactics... on 22:48 - Feb 11 with 945 viewsStNeotsBlue

I've been banging on about this for years, we don't ever seem to set up to hurt teams. We always seem to be set up to counter our opponents rather than impose our game on them.
Forget tactics... on 08:40 - Feb 12 with 768 viewsRobTheMonk

It was a game for the taking and we played 5 defenders and Skuse. Huws, although looking strong, looks a little slow. Downes is playing himself into a higher league as it stands.
Forget tactics... on 08:43 - Feb 12 with 756 viewsJackPITFC

James Wilson seems to getting worse game by game also, in a possession based side he just can't seem to keep the ball in play at all, this contributes to the lack of service to the midfield men massively.
Forget tactics... on 08:47 - Feb 12 with 728 viewsChrisd

Forget tactics... on 08:43 - Feb 12 by JackPITFC

James Wilson seems to getting worse game by game also, in a possession based side he just can't seem to keep the ball in play at all, this contributes to the lack of service to the midfield men massively.

Another example of one of our players that is 'two (or ten) a penny' in this league and some of our supporters go overboard on him. I don't think I've come across many centre halves that don't seem to enjoy heading the ball like Wilson and even when he does, it's less than convincing. When Dembele beat him in the air against Peterborough that said it all for me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Forget tactics... on 08:49 - Feb 12 with 722 viewsStadiumofdark

We've definitely forgotten tactics. Thats for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

Forget tactics... on 09:07 - Feb 12 with 693 viewsitfcjoe

Forget tactics... on 08:43 - Feb 12 by JackPITFC

He's not very good - is a career back up for a reason

And people were saying they'd prefer him to Tommy Smith (Hundreds of games at a higher level, international played at WC, etc) just a few weeks back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024