Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer campaign under investigation for database hack 09:42 - Feb 9 with 957 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51432440

Hot on the heels of Starmer winning the support of JCs constituency.

Didn't Long-Bailey campaign do something with the database at the start of the campaign which went against the rules?

SB

Edit: I've changed the title as clapham rightly pointed out it was misleading.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 11:17]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Momentum seems to be worried on 11:05 - Feb 9 with 848 viewsClapham_Junction

She emailed her own constituency members to say she was running for leader and she hoped they'd support her. In the scheme of things, that doesn't really seem to be a major issue. I'd be surprised if my local MP didn't do the same if they were running.

The BBC article doesn't seem to mention Momentum?
Starmer under investigation for database hack on 11:15 - Feb 9 with 810 viewsStokieBlue

Momentum seems to be worried on 11:05 - Feb 9 by Clapham_Junction

She emailed her own constituency members to say she was running for leader and she hoped they'd support her. In the scheme of things, that doesn't really seem to be a major issue. I'd be surprised if my local MP didn't do the same if they were running.

The BBC article doesn't seem to mention Momentum?

That is fair - I should have been more precise with my title. I've changed it now.

From the Huff Post:

Officials acted after HuffPost UK discovered that Long-Bailey’s campaign had shared with its volunteers links to Labour’s official phone-banking system, a move that allowed them to, in theory, contact and lobby any of the party’s more than half a million members.

That's quite a bit more than sharing it with her local members. Happy to be corrected though. You are right, it doesn't mention them and perhaps I am jumping the gun - we will see. The Starmer campaign have called it a "political attack by the party machine" which I took to mean Momentum but they didn't say it directly - my bad.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Starmer under investigation for database hack on 11:25 - Feb 9 with 763 viewsClapham_Junction

Starmer under investigation for database hack on 11:15 - Feb 9 by StokieBlue

That is fair - I should have been more precise with my title. I've changed it now.

From the Huff Post:

Officials acted after HuffPost UK discovered that Long-Bailey’s campaign had shared with its volunteers links to Labour’s official phone-banking system, a move that allowed them to, in theory, contact and lobby any of the party’s more than half a million members.

That's quite a bit more than sharing it with her local members. Happy to be corrected though. You are right, it doesn't mention them and perhaps I am jumping the gun - we will see. The Starmer campaign have called it a "political attack by the party machine" which I took to mean Momentum but they didn't say it directly - my bad.

SB

The issue at the start of the campaign was an email to local members:

"However, when Ms Long-Bailey — who is backed by the outgoing leader’s team as the “continuity Corbyn” choice — entered the race, she emailed all members in her Salford constituency party (CLP) to ask for their backing."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rebecca-long-bailey-labour-leader

I think the thing you're referring to is more recent.
Starmer under investigation for database hack on 12:25 - Feb 9 with 694 viewsNo9

Starmer under investigation for database hack on 11:25 - Feb 9 by Clapham_Junction

The issue at the start of the campaign was an email to local members:

"However, when Ms Long-Bailey — who is backed by the outgoing leader’s team as the “continuity Corbyn” choice — entered the race, she emailed all members in her Salford constituency party (CLP) to ask for their backing."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rebecca-long-bailey-labour-leader

I think the thing you're referring to is more recent.

John Pienaar-?
Maybe the BBC should have waited for the Information Commisioners conclusion -?
Starmer campaign under investigation for database hack on 13:46 - Feb 9 with 638 viewsHARRY10

you could have used this instead

Keir Starmer’s team claim ‘dirty tricks’ by party insiders

'A source close to the campaign said that the supposed breach had in fact arisen as a result of Starmer officials checking out an allegation that Ms Long-Bailey may have broken the rules.

After following links sent out by the Long-Bailey team to establish what had happened, they reported a potential breach of GDPR data protection rules to party authorities, only to find themselves accused of breaking the same rules through their investigation, said the source.'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024