Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... 18:22 - Feb 7 with 3490 viewsSitfcB

I still miss Mick

What a man.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 19:04 - Feb 7 with 2886 viewsRocky

Credit to you for coming out.
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 19:04 - Feb 7 with 2890 viewsPecker

It is his Birthday today. 61 years young.
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 19:06 - Feb 7 with 2883 viewsDarth_Koont

Are you gripping it?

Pronouns: He/Him

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 19:08 - Feb 7 with 2861 viewsBluefish

Absolute hero of a man

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 19:36 - Feb 7 with 2821 viewstomo

Same same
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 19:48 - Feb 7 with 2790 viewsOxford_Blue

Yep.

We wished for this.

We weren’t careful.
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 20:00 - Feb 7 with 2767 viewsPJH

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 19:48 - Feb 7 by Oxford_Blue

Yep.

We wished for this.

We weren’t careful.

I said at Brentford that I hoped they got the manager that they deserved-they did and we are all still suffering.
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 20:15 - Feb 7 with 2733 viewsFtnfwest

It’s a fair point but don’t forget he never gave a stuff about you, I or the rest of the supporters of this club. Or the club itself for that matter
Login to get fewer ads

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 21:17 - Feb 7 with 2657 viewsBLUEBEAT

Mick Avory?

Agree.

Ray would never bring him back, though. [sad]

Poll: W or W

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 21:24 - Feb 7 with 2640 viewsMelford

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 21:17 - Feb 7 by BLUEBEAT

Mick Avory?

Agree.

Ray would never bring him back, though. [sad]

He was drummer for the Kast-Off Kinks when I saw them at the Apex a couple of years back.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 21:39 - Feb 7 with 2605 viewsSitfcB

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 20:15 - Feb 7 by Ftnfwest

It’s a fair point but don’t forget he never gave a stuff about you, I or the rest of the supporters of this club. Or the club itself for that matter

Wrong.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 21:42 - Feb 7 with 2597 viewsjeera

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 20:15 - Feb 7 by Ftnfwest

I disagree.

I fully believe he had a relationship with his players and considered them his responsibility.

In relation to that the rest follows.

The fans adored him for a while and appreciated his work and he showed that in return.

People tend to relate only to when things weren't so good which isn't a true reflection of his time here at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:04 - Feb 7 with 2560 viewsOldsmoker

Get a room.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:13 - Feb 7 with 2536 viewsFtnfwest

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 21:42 - Feb 7 by jeera

I disagree.

I fully believe he had a relationship with his players and considered them his responsibility.

In relation to that the rest follows.

The fans adored him for a while and appreciated his work and he showed that in return.

People tend to relate only to when things weren't so good which isn't a true reflection of his time here at all.

Very loyal to his players no question. But there was never any sort of relationship with the fans or the club. It was a job he did and achievements he achieved.
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:17 - Feb 7 with 2520 viewsjeera

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:13 - Feb 7 by Ftnfwest

Very loyal to his players no question. But there was never any sort of relationship with the fans or the club. It was a job he did and achievements he achieved.

We sent him a box thing with stuff in it.

Hamper? Food, beers....

A card with kisses.

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:21 - Feb 7 with 2510 viewsBlueAllOver

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:13 - Feb 7 by Ftnfwest

Re-writing history, he had a good relationship with fans in the early years.

Not surprisingly it all went south when numbskulls started abusing him unfairly.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 22:22]
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:31 - Feb 7 with 2456 viewsMattinLondon

Everything about Mick was and is brilliant- apart from the football itself.
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:34 - Feb 7 with 2443 viewsFtnfwest

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:17 - Feb 7 by jeera

Hamper? Food, beers....

A card with kisses.

If there were kisses I give up, you got me! Right got to be up for 7am pickup..
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:35 - Feb 7 with 2434 viewsjeera

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:34 - Feb 7 by Ftnfwest

If there were kisses I give up, you got me! Right got to be up for 7am pickup..

I might have made that up.

But I bet there were.

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:37 - Feb 7 with 2436 viewsSwansea_Blue

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:17 - Feb 7 by jeera

Hamper? Food, beers....

A card with kisses.

Short memories innit. Given the hoofing going on I was surprised the relationship lasted so long. It was only when Murph went and we struggled for goals for a year that it started to go a bit sour.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:42 - Feb 7 with 2421 viewsMattinLondon

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:37 - Feb 7 by Swansea_Blue

Short memories innit. Given the hoofing going on I was surprised the relationship lasted so long. It was only when Murph went and we struggled for goals for a year that it started to go a bit sour.

Also we weren’t relegated because Mick left. We were relegated due to Evans poor appointment.

Two totally different decisions.
Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:56 - Feb 7 with 2395 viewsunstableblue

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:31 - Feb 7 by MattinLondon

Exactly great guy, saved the club (temporarily), gave some memorable wins, got a career best season out of Murphy, repaired some of the Keane damage, but his football was old skool, would never progress us, and for a season and a half just unwatchable, plus of course we looked the inferior side way too often, even against lower budget sides, some truly dire Town performances at PR

He had to go, it was time to go, it’s just Marcus fecked up his replacement

This weird reminiscing is selective memory, move on

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 23:32 - Feb 7 with 2351 viewsBLUEBEAT

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 21:24 - Feb 7 by Melford

He was drummer for the Kast-Off Kinks when I saw them at the Apex a couple of years back.

heart breaking :(

Poll: W or W

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 23:40 - Feb 7 with 2338 viewsMelford

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 23:32 - Feb 7 by BLUEBEAT

heart breaking :(

He did lead vocals on Dedicated Follower Of Fashion and did look like he was having a great old time, the place was packed and everybody was singing along to it all, they have the blessing of Sir Raymond and he has played with them from time to time.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 07:40 - Feb 8 with 2154 viewsKeaneish

Like Phil Schofield I too have something to get off my chest... on 22:31 - Feb 7 by MattinLondon

Looking forward to seeing where he ends up this summer. Some under performing Championship no doubt - and so the cycle continues...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024