Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we forgive a system change this weekend? 18:02 - Feb 6 with 3410 viewsMullet

With those missing and the need to arrest this losing mentality that has led the club here, would we be better with a flat back four and crowding the midfield?

We seem overstocked there and yet it’s been the area which Lambert has never really cracked. Would this actually be a game where Skuse could drop back when we attack and push the full backs up, and step into his usual role when we want to stifle them?

It’s been a crap week of football and just stealing a result might be enough to raise the confidence of players who have stunk recently. Personally I don’t think I can face losing this weekend when Wimbledon is a good chance to build a run and it’s been a crap week for me anyway.

There are a number of players who owe us a bit of heart of fight let alone the shirt they’ve been lucky to wear at times.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:04 - Feb 6 with 3389 viewsPecker

4-5-1 for this game is the right plan.
Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:22 - Feb 6 with 3360 viewsfactual_blue

Town fans never forgive or understand.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:27 - Feb 6 with 3347 viewsPecker

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:22 - Feb 6 by factual_blue

Town fans never forgive or understand.

As your avatar would suggest.
Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:35 - Feb 6 with 3330 viewsBlueBadger

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:04 - Feb 6 by Pecker

4-5-1 for this game is the right plan.

Setting up to play for a draw in the third division. What a time to be alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:38 - Feb 6 with 3319 viewsMoriarty

Better to die on our feet than live on our knees. I’d just bloody go for it. Come back with our shield or on it. Go for the 3 points. Go all out for them. Let’s see what we are really made of.

Hope your crap week gets better.

fka omuircheartaigh

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:39 - Feb 6 with 3317 viewsbluefunk

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:35 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

You appear to draw from a very deep well of cynical negativity, I do hope things improve if only so you (and we) might see a little more light amongst the darkness
Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:44 - Feb 6 with 3307 viewsBlueBadger

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:39 - Feb 6 by bluefunk

You appear to draw from a very deep well of cynical negativity, I do hope things improve if only so you (and we) might see a little more light amongst the darkness

If it helps, I really am NOT enjoying being right about thinking Lambert is rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:50 - Feb 6 with 3286 viewsPecker

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:35 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

Setting up to hit them on the counter attack and coming back with 3 points. The best way to approach this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:56 - Feb 6 with 3268 viewsBlueBadger

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:44 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

If it helps, I really am NOT enjoying being right about thinking Lambert is rubbish.

Lambo has clearly replaced Jeremy Corbyn as Dollers' mancrush.

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 19:14 - Feb 6 with 3237 viewsCoco

It’s not about systems.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 20:25 - Feb 6 with 3190 viewsMullet

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 18:38 - Feb 6 by Moriarty

Better to die on our feet than live on our knees. I’d just bloody go for it. Come back with our shield or on it. Go for the 3 points. Go all out for them. Let’s see what we are really made of.

Hope your crap week gets better.

Cheers buh.

I think given how obvious it was Lambert drilled us to play on the counter, that's our route to success. Draw Sunderland out and try and overload them until something breaks our way.

I feel like neither side which played in that 1-1 will be there Saturday as so much has happened, but we should feel confident enough away from home. I wonder if the expectancy is a contributing factor at FPR? Certainly Gillingham shocked me a little in that regard.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 21:07 - Feb 6 with 3133 viewsreusersfreekicks

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 20:25 - Feb 6 by Mullet

Cheers buh.

I think given how obvious it was Lambert drilled us to play on the counter, that's our route to success. Draw Sunderland out and try and overload them until something breaks our way.

I feel like neither side which played in that 1-1 will be there Saturday as so much has happened, but we should feel confident enough away from home. I wonder if the expectancy is a contributing factor at FPR? Certainly Gillingham shocked me a little in that regard.

Think we have to adjust to Donacien not being a wing back. 4-3-3/ 4-5-1 is the path to take
Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 08:09 - Feb 7 with 2949 viewsMoriarty

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 20:25 - Feb 6 by Mullet

Cheers buh.

He might well go with the counter. I think it’s a winnable game. An important one.

On expectancy at home, I’d say it’s inevitable that’s there a degree of expectation at home, but that applies to loads of clubs. Whether people react in a proportionate or reasonable way is another thing of course! And I think that might be more the issue. Is there a residual disconnect between players and supporters from Mick’s treatment (by a vocal few) and departure? The underlying atmosphere might be driven by the state and place of the club generally, a disconnect between the board, the staff and the supporters.

If we don’t go up, our home form will be part of the conversation, as will Evans, form of certain players and the manager. Crowd expectations, even if a valid consideration, will not be the target of the supporters’ ire. I think the players will say it’s up to them to get the supporters on side (even if that is a well worn cliche).

Butch is back. GB’s proposed assistant when he applied alongside Hurst. Interesting.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 8:11]

fka omuircheartaigh

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:06 - Feb 7 with 2909 viewsPJH

I think that the almost certainty that Donacien and Kenlock will be the fullbacks suggests that four at the back would be a better idea than wing backs-suggests to me anyway.
Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:13 - Feb 7 with 2887 viewsKeaneish

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:06 - Feb 7 by PJH

I think that the almost certainty that Donacien and Kenlock will be the fullbacks suggests that four at the back would be a better idea than wing backs-suggests to me anyway.

Even a 442 looks a bit threadbare with no Garbutt, Edwards, KVY or Rowe.

I'm anticipating a 451 with Skuse, Nolan and Downes in the middle. Jackson, Judge and Norwood up front. It's a terrible option though and a defeat beckons.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:32 - Feb 7 with 2869 viewsPecker

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:13 - Feb 7 by Keaneish

I'm anticipating a 451 with Skuse, Nolan and Downes in the middle. Jackson, Judge and Norwood up front. It's a terrible option though and a defeat beckons.

That's the spirit.
Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:34 - Feb 7 with 2862 viewsKeaneish

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:32 - Feb 7 by Pecker

That's the spirit.

It is a terrible option. Judge and Jackson marauding forward and leaving Donacien and Kenlock exposed. Let's hope we don't see it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:38 - Feb 7 with 2855 viewsHackneyblueboy

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:13 - Feb 7 by Keaneish

4-2-3-1

Holy
JD Chambo Woolfy Earl
Downes Huws
Jackson Judge Sears
Norwood

Can easily change to 433, 451 as needed.
Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:42 - Feb 7 with 2846 viewsPecker

Do we forgive a system change this weekend? on 09:38 - Feb 7 by Hackneyblueboy

4-2-3-1

Holy
JD Chambo Woolfy Earl
Downes Huws
Jackson Judge Sears
Norwood

Can easily change to 433, 451 as needed.

Seriously exposed in the middle, which is one of their strong points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024