Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public 09:37 - Feb 6 with 1540 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Chancellor Sajid Javid will use his Budget next month to launch a “Brexit red tape challenge”, inviting members of the public to propose ways in which Britain might diverge from the EU rule book."

https://on.ft.com/2SqxQQ3

Anyone feel like helping him out? There must be lots of specific rules people want to be shot of, given the level of support for Brexit....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:40 - Feb 6 with 1509 viewsDanTheMan

I'm amazed that is not a satirical story.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:40 - Feb 6 with 1510 viewsBlueBadger

I'm tempted to email him and say 'I think we should do something about all the red tape and tariffs that UK businesses will have to fill in/pay when we leave the customs union after the transition period. You know the stuff, it's the stuff you told us would ruin the country.'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:41 - Feb 6 with 1503 viewsfactual_blue

Having been through several iterations of red tape bonfires, this initiative will fail.

They always do.

#itsameaninglesssoundbite

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:43 - Feb 6 with 1484 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:40 - Feb 6 by DanTheMan

I'm amazed that is not a satirical story.

Satire has already been banned. We don't need it any more.

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:44 - Feb 6 with 1467 viewsBlueBadger

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:41 - Feb 6 by factual_blue

Having been through several iterations of red tape bonfires, this initiative will fail.

They always do.

#itsameaninglesssoundbite

Particularly given that his government's flagship policy will create loads for importers, exports, anyone seeking to recruit staff.....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:46 - Feb 6 with 1457 viewsBlueBadger

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:43 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Blue

https://newsthump.com/2020/02/06/shropshire-sweet-shop-begins-negotiations-for-l

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:47 - Feb 6 with 1448 viewshampstead_blue

Does he think that the general public understand the details of red tape and bureaucracy?
Why not ask industry and business. They will have a better idea.

I think he's just looking to be a 'man of the people' in a pretty thin PR stunt.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:48 - Feb 6 with 1440 viewsartsbossbeard

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:47 - Feb 6 by hampstead_blue

Does he think that the general public understand the details of red tape and bureaucracy?

I think he's just looking to be a 'man of the people' in a pretty thin PR stunt.

Irony-Meter overload.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:50 - Feb 6 with 1435 viewsBrianTablet

Quite literally, they couldn't make it up.

But they're having a try....

Erm..... Personally I despise the Enforcement of Cross-border Transfer Document Pigmentation Act of 1966 stating that the UK must have a burgundy passport or else face the loss of its cod stocks, poorly-made cars and external pipework systems. I think the billions spent on Brexit are well worth it to escape this tyrannical imposition*.

*Hmmm, Herr Juncker has just emailed to say that Croatia has always had blue passports.... Damn those sneaky scarlet chessboard monkeys

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:51 - Feb 6 with 1419 viewsBrianTablet

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:43 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Blue

Bloody Scots with their old school flag.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:54 - Feb 6 with 1394 viewshampstead_blue

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:48 - Feb 6 by artsbossbeard

Irony-Meter overload.

Great spot of use of dry humor..... Top of the class. Now stop showing off like Javid and the blond one.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 10:06 - Feb 6 with 1345 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:47 - Feb 6 by hampstead_blue

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 10:07 - Feb 6 with 1341 viewschicoazul

Here is my answer to the challenge; don't diverge from the EU rule book. Simple eh?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 10:09 - Feb 6 with 1333 viewsfactual_blue

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 09:46 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

https://newsthump.com/2020/02/06/shropshire-sweet-shop-begins-negotiations-for-l

I think that's a fake, as Lower Upperton is in Devon, not Shropshire.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 13:36 - Feb 6 with 1172 viewstractordownsouth

3 pin plugs and fish and chips in newspaper

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 14:51 - Feb 6 with 1127 viewsHARRY10

First they came for the experts

then it was the satirists.......
Sajid Javid to issue ‘Brexit red tape challenge’ to public on 14:57 - Feb 6 with 1088 viewsDarth_Koont

Pity they didn’t ask that question 4 years ago. Would have saved us all a lot of time, hassle and falsehoods.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024