Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans, not criminals 20:18 - Feb 3 with 2742 viewsitfc_bucks

Wow, what a collective of wet lettuces and room temperature IQs...

I've been following Town for 20+ years, been home and away and only had any grief once, and that was from the plod at Carrow Road when they tried to herd us all onto trains back to Ipswich, and I'd driven.

Keep your nose clean, don't be a melt and I find stewards are quite happy to leave you alone.
Fans, not criminals on 20:20 - Feb 3 with 2719 viewsuefacup81

Agreed.

Don't act like a moron, do what the stewards ask you to, and you'll be treated like a decent human being.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, it's their realm, their word is law, and no amount of yelling back at them will change their mind.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Fans, not criminals on 15:06 - Feb 4 with 2471 viewsuefacup81

Wow, the wet-wipery is strong on there today.

Someone complaining that, after having been ejected from the Accrington match last month and arrested on suspicion of criminal damage, but then having had the charges dropped, the club have still banned them for the rest of the season.

Someone else complaining that they've been banned for being abusive/threatening towards stewards at the Lincoln match last month. This is despite them having been banned in the past, and warned when the ban was lifted in September that any repeat of such behaviour would result in an instant ban.

1) Why would reasonable people people be smashing up the stadium/abusing stewards at two of the best home performances this season?
2) What don't they understand about the owner of a premises having absolute control over who has access to said premises?

The mind f*cking boggles.

Fans, not criminals on 15:45 - Feb 4 with 2389 viewsitfcjoe

Fans, not criminals on 15:06 - Feb 4 by uefacup81

Wow, the wet-wipery is strong on there today.

Someone complaining that, after having been ejected from the Accrington match last month and arrested on suspicion of criminal damage, but then having had the charges dropped, the club have still banned them for the rest of the season.

Someone else complaining that they've been banned for being abusive/threatening towards stewards at the Lincoln match last month. This is despite them having been banned in the past, and warned when the ban was lifted in September that any repeat of such behaviour would result in an instant ban.

1) Why would reasonable people people be smashing up the stadium/abusing stewards at two of the best home performances this season?
2) What don't they understand about the owner of a premises having absolute control over who has access to said premises?

The mind f*cking boggles.

Why in the first case, if the charges have been dropped has he still been banned? Presumably there was CCTV evidence of the incident.

There are some stewards at grounds, and Portman Road has some, who are totally unreasonable and the power goes to their head.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fans, not criminals on 15:55 - Feb 4 with 2366 viewsDinnernotTea

Fans, not criminals on 15:45 - Feb 4 by itfcjoe

Why in the first case, if the charges have been dropped has he still been banned? Presumably there was CCTV evidence of the incident.

There are some stewards at grounds, and Portman Road has some, who are totally unreasonable and the power goes to their head.

Was about to post similar.

The above blokes are hilarious. I'm absolutely sure they have never stood in North Stand lower with the 3 or 4 "famous" stewards waiting for someone to drop a crisp packet. The attitude of our stewards in that stand is absolutely disgusting, the smugness and arrogance is incredible and seems to be getting worse year on year.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Fans, not criminals on 16:02 - Feb 4 with 2347 viewsMeadowlark

That always used to happen at Carrot Row. Had to hang back and then explain to some jobsworth plod that there were other means of transport in and out of Norfolk.
Always seem to remember winning there too!
Fans, not criminals on 16:07 - Feb 4 with 2329 viewsitfcjoe

Fans, not criminals on 15:55 - Feb 4 by DinnernotTea

The above blokes are hilarious. I'm absolutely sure they have never stood in North Stand lower with the 3 or 4 "famous" stewards waiting for someone to drop a crisp packet. The attitude of our stewards in that stand is absolutely disgusting, the smugness and arrogance is incredible and seems to be getting worse year on year.

I remember a guy behind me getting dragged out for 15 minutes off a home game because he had been reported for persistent standing at Brighton away the week before!

Fans, not criminals on 16:12 - Feb 4 with 2298 viewsartsbossbeard

My biggest guffaw was the bloke who has set up the new "Evans out of ITFC" page on Facebook complaining that more people had joined this group than his and that our fans are obviously morons.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Fans, not criminals on 16:14 - Feb 4 with 2296 viewsReuser_is_God

Whilst the overall point is a valid one re stewarding, not just at ITFC but elsewhere too, they're going to get absolutely nowhere due to how thick they are.

It's a good laugh though.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans, not criminals on 16:16 - Feb 4 with 2270 viewsitfcjoe

Fans, not criminals on 16:14 - Feb 4 by Reuser_is_God

Whilst the overall point is a valid one re stewarding, not just at ITFC but elsewhere too, they're going to get absolutely nowhere due to how thick they are.

It's a good laugh though.

Is there a group for this?

Fans, not criminals on 16:17 - Feb 4 with 2264 viewsKieran_Knows

Fans, not criminals on 15:45 - Feb 4 by itfcjoe

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Fans, not criminals on 16:17 - Feb 4 with 2255 viewsKieran_Knows

Fans, not criminals on 16:16 - Feb 4 by itfcjoe

Is there a group for this?

ITFC fans not criminals, on Facebook.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Fans, not criminals on 16:20 - Feb 4 with 2233 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Agree.

If you are not doing anything wrong in the first place, you will be treated quite alright by most stewards. I actually sit SBRU, there is a very nice steward there, shakes my hand, asks me how I am doing, good week etc.

Very pleasant.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 16:20]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Fans, not criminals on 18:07 - Feb 4 with 2094 viewsuefacup81

Fans, not criminals on 15:55 - Feb 4 by DinnernotTea

If it was a case of entirely OTT stewarding (like the littering example) I'd agree with you, but you look at the limited facts those folks have made available - i.e. Previously being banned for being abusive to a steward, and I imagine that's probably not the case.

One of them has gone so far as to proffer the argument (against being banned) that they're a paying customer, and so the club has no right to deny them entry. As a result, I dare say they're fully paid up members of the 'I've paid my £20 so I'll behave however the f*ck I like" brigade.

Fans, not criminals on 18:43 - Feb 4 with 2029 viewstextbackup

Fans, not criminals on 20:20 - Feb 3 by uefacup81

Agreed.

Don't act like a moron, do what the stewards ask you to, and you'll be treated like a decent human being.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, it's their realm, their word is law, and no amount of yelling back at them will change their mind.

Their word is NOT law!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fans, not criminals on 20:21 - Feb 4 with 1925 viewsuefacup81

Fans, not criminals on 18:43 - Feb 4 by textbackup

Their word is NOT law!

Maybe not the best turn of phrase, but the sentiment is the same.

Whilst some of their remit (racism/homophobia etc.,) is very much defined, a lot of what they have to police is extremely subjective. As far as I know, there's no guidance on how much swearing/standing/aggression etc., is too much.

Therefore, if they decide that whatever you're doing is not acceptable within the definitions of the stadium regulations, there's probably not much chance of getting them to change their mind.

Fans, not criminals on 21:02 - Feb 5 with 1610 viewsbritbiker

Fans, not criminals on 16:20 - Feb 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

Agree.

If you are not doing anything wrong in the first place, you will be treated quite alright by most stewards. I actually sit SBRU, there is a very nice steward there, shakes my hand, asks me how I am doing, good week etc.

Very pleasant.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 16:20]

Ive always found them quite pleasant in the SBR lower. Mind you i'm pleasant to them also. There used to be an older female steward that sat by the pitch wall. She was an old misery. I did see her smile once then never saw her again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024