Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bizarre weekend... 13:34 - Feb 3 with 1484 viewsclive_baker

Got absolutely bo11ocksed on Friday night and inadvertently ended up at a Brexit party lock in at a pub near St James Park. Took a good 10 minutes to realise what we had stepped into the middle of, managing to get away in time for our lack of union jack flag waving and Rule Britannia singing not to raise suspicion.

Dragged myself to PR Saturday in my hangover state to witness the worst performance I've witnessed from us at home perhaps ever. Defensively we were absolutely awful. Wilson has done OK of late, held his own against lesser sides, but up against a more sophisticated attacking outfit in Peterborough he was comically bad. Chambers too, Kenlock, Skuse. Just terrible. I've defended Norris on here and do rate him but what the feck he was doing for their 2nd I will never know. Totally inexcusable piece of goalkeeping at such a pivotal point.

We just looked lost, no confidence on the ball, no creativity, nothing up front. Jackson was as bad as I've ever seen him. How Norwood isn't starting (probably instead of Keane) is unfathomable. Downes was about the only one to come out with any credit I thought.

A lot of talk on here that Evans is the issue, and on a longer term and more holistic level he is, his thriftiness and penny pinching is the reason we are where we are. But more immediately he's not to blame for me, Lambert is. He's got a squad that should at worst be be going toe-to-toe with the likes of Peterborough, not capitulating in that fashion. Our shape and defensive organisation was shocking, and that comes down him and his team. If he fails to get us up this season he has to go. I don't see how it can be deemed as anything other than failure.

Just to top the weekend off, yesterday the wife dented the car on a bollard in Sainsbury's. Cos-bloody-mic.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bizarre weekend... on 13:43 - Feb 3 with 1402 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah totally agree re the blame thing for this, all on Lambert with the resource he has.

Tactically inept & seemingly can;t even motivate his players anymore.

Lambert out.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bizarre weekend... on 13:57 - Feb 3 with 1338 viewsdavblue

Peterborough's front 3 would all get in our team with any problem.

The goal keeper look much of a muchness from what i've seen.

Our defence v's their's would be mix and match and the midfield the same.
Bizarre weekend... on 15:04 - Feb 3 with 1209 viewseddiespearitt03

It is the rot that has embedded itself at this club that needs to be removed. We are still playing some of the players that got us into League One. That can,t be right .
Bizarre weekend... on 16:05 - Feb 3 with 1134 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, this squad is good enough to not be embarrassed by every good team we play.

We've got players on our bench that would be starting for most other teams in the league - there aren't many opposition players I think would massively improve us (although in the last week the likes of Crooks and Toney are two I'd take in a heartbeat).

But Lambert can't get a tune out of them, we seem to have nothing to fall back on when things aren't going well - so ponderous int he final 3rd, so often we try and carve out the perfect crossing or shooting position and just end up not attemptong either - defences at this level are poor and you need to be decisive and sharp in the final 3rd, play the percentages and take riskds

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bizarre weekend... on 22:18 - Feb 3 with 931 viewsdavblue

Bizarre weekend... on 16:05 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

Yep, this squad is good enough to not be embarrassed by every good team we play.

We've got players on our bench that would be starting for most other teams in the league - there aren't many opposition players I think would massively improve us (although in the last week the likes of Crooks and Toney are two I'd take in a heartbeat).

But Lambert can't get a tune out of them, we seem to have nothing to fall back on when things aren't going well - so ponderous int he final 3rd, so often we try and carve out the perfect crossing or shooting position and just end up not attemptong either - defences at this level are poor and you need to be decisive and sharp in the final 3rd, play the percentages and take riskds

Add Ben Whiteman and Smith from Rotherham and a winger and 100 points and 100 goals might be possible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024