Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. 08:21 - Feb 3 with 10362 viewsartsbossbeard

As I sat on my lonesome for the second half Saturday as my match companions had decided to bin it off and go the pub instead, I found myself contemplating next season and the stars-colliding inevitability of another season in this league.

After 20+ years a season ticket holder, I'm officially wavering. I've no affiliation with my allotted seat and I'm contemplating a pick & choose approach to the start of the season with a half ticket renewal at Christmas should we stay where we are.

Worse Town fan me.

As an aside, I went and watched my mates lad play footy yesterday morning, I broached the above with him and he had been thinking exactly the same. 25+ years him.

Is it just us two??
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 8:27]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:22 - Feb 3 with 4510 viewschicoazul

Would you get a season ticket even if we did go up?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:24 - Feb 3 with 4500 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I am sure plenty of people will feel the same if we fall away.

All very obvious of course when we went down but that’s seemingly what plenty of people wanted, including many of those who seem to like PL because he comes and claps the stand after the game.

Now more than ever the club need the support. I think our start to the season was assisted by the attitude of the fans. I fear the final third might be the opposite.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:24 - Feb 3 with 4495 viewsartsbossbeard

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:22 - Feb 3 by chicoazul

Would you get a season ticket even if we did go up?

Yeah.

Worse town fan me.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:26 - Feb 3 with 4478 viewsReuser_is_God

I’m not sure how much more of it I can put up with it, we are woeful.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:29 - Feb 3 with 4453 viewstextbackup

I’m no super fan, but I’ll get one regardless. I rarely get to the pub before/after games with work/family commitments- so going to the game is pretty much all it’s about for me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:34 - Feb 3 with 4417 viewsReuser_is_God

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:29 - Feb 3 by textbackup

I’m no super fan, but I’ll get one regardless. I rarely get to the pub before/after games with work/family commitments- so going to the game is pretty much all it’s about for me

Surely that makes it even worse though?

I too can’t get to the pub every game like I used too & fcuk me it’s sh1t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:35 - Feb 3 with 4400 viewstextbackup

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:34 - Feb 3 by Reuser_is_God

It’s much much worse but I’m used to it

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:37 - Feb 3 with 4398 viewsitfcjoe

I currently go with my Dad but doubt he has the stomach for another year in L1. If he gives up I will just get one with my eldest boy and hope another mate does similar that I can have some company when he doesn't make it as will only be 4 and will be fairly often.

Or in the North Upper and stand in the lower when he doesn't come.

I'll always get one, if I didn't I'd still end up watching it on iFollow or similar when it is just down the road but would be cutting back on every game as a day out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:37 - Feb 3 with 4393 viewsKieran_Knows

I'll still get one, just because really. However I'm starting to feel as I did in the last year or under Mick (I'm not picking a fight either, before anyone jumps down my throat) where I literally just don't care anymore. Going to PR is starting to become a chore again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:38 - Feb 3 with 4383 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, if it wasn't for the pub before the game I think I'd have cancelled my season ticket already. I did sober October and during the Rotherham game I realised why I much prefer going to PR three or four pints in.

I'll have to give next season some serious thought, even if we do go up. I've not enjoyed the last 18 months at all.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 9:15]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:38 - Feb 3 with 4388 viewsKieran_Knows

To be fair, was pretty hammered Saturday and it was still dreadful. At least in the past the booze mirrored some of our poorer performances!

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:47 - Feb 3 with 4342 viewsdavblue

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:29 - Feb 3 by textbackup

if you do decide to cancel it in the future can you make sure you get an article in the EADT and a picture with you cutting your season ticket?
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:56 - Feb 3 with 4299 viewstextbackup

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:47 - Feb 3 by davblue

if you do decide to cancel it in the future can you make sure you get an article in the EADT and a picture with you cutting your season ticket?

Obviously
It’s the only way to leave

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:00 - Feb 3 with 4271 viewsdavblue

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:56 - Feb 3 by textbackup

Obviously
It’s the only way to leave

yeeessssssssssssssssssssss!
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:05 - Feb 3 with 4240 viewsElephantintheRoom

Speaking as one who gave up his season ticket when Mick joined I can only suggest you do exactly that. It is the reeling in of easy money via season ticket holders, many of whom have unrealistic expectations based on how things were pre-sell out, that encourages the current complacent approach to 'running' the club.

The sooner everybody opts out of funding the destruction of the club the better.

You'll soon find much better things to do with your time - and actually enjoy the matches you go to by and large. You'll even miss the occasional stinker like I did on saturday because it was my grandson's birthday.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:11 - Feb 3 with 4197 viewsPJH

I will renew but doubt if I will go to every away league game as I am at the moment.

We are getting very close to going full circle of being back to apathy and low season ticket sales which will then negate the only thing that Paul Lambert has so far achieved here.

Of course we might get promoted this season but the evidence of the last two games and a large chunk of the previous three months suggests we will not.
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:14 - Feb 3 with 4180 viewschicoazul

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:24 - Feb 3 by artsbossbeard

Yeah.

Worse town fan me.

That surprised me, since you don't seem to much enjoy it whatever division we are in! I gave up mine ages ago and pick and choose my away matches now as I hate Evans and dont want to give him money. You'll probably find you enjoy it more if you do that too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:16 - Feb 3 with 4164 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:05 - Feb 3 by ElephantintheRoom

Speaking as one who gave up his season ticket when Mick joined I can only suggest you do exactly that. It is the reeling in of easy money via season ticket holders, many of whom have unrealistic expectations based on how things were pre-sell out, that encourages the current complacent approach to 'running' the club.

The sooner everybody opts out of funding the destruction of the club the better.

You'll soon find much better things to do with your time - and actually enjoy the matches you go to by and large. You'll even miss the occasional stinker like I did on saturday because it was my grandson's birthday.

So edgy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:22 - Feb 3 with 4146 viewsSomethingBlue

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 08:24 - Feb 3 by PrideOfTheEast

I am sure plenty of people will feel the same if we fall away.

All very obvious of course when we went down but that’s seemingly what plenty of people wanted, including many of those who seem to like PL because he comes and claps the stand after the game.

Now more than ever the club need the support. I think our start to the season was assisted by the attitude of the fans. I fear the final third might be the opposite.

Exactly this. I'll say it until I'm blue in the face but for four months we have to hold our nerve as supporters, show up and give it all we can. The stakes are massive. This thread alone shows perfectly well what will happen if we don't go up. Leave the negativity and concerns at the door until May, when there may well have to be a long and pretty brutal inquest — but let's do our part to try and minimise the chances of that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

certainly not just you Bossers on 09:28 - Feb 3 with 4108 viewsDyland

I'm feeling the same. 20,000 fans in Saturday to witness that. The reality is that we aren't good enough. Absurd mistakes aside, there are a few teams in div 3 who are simply better. We can make the playoffs, but how confident can we be?

Football fans can be such divs as well. The who are ya chanting to Toney got the reaction it warranted. He's better than all our strikers. As a fan base we're still in denial perhaps.

FFS
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 9:28]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fair enough point (n/t) on 09:35 - Feb 3 with 4074 viewsDyland

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:22 - Feb 3 by SomethingBlue

Exactly this. I'll say it until I'm blue in the face but for four months we have to hold our nerve as supporters, show up and give it all we can. The stakes are massive. This thread alone shows perfectly well what will happen if we don't go up. Leave the negativity and concerns at the door until May, when there may well have to be a long and pretty brutal inquest — but let's do our part to try and minimise the chances of that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:48 - Feb 3 with 4005 viewsVaughan8

This thread is hilarious.

Lot of people get a season ticket "just because". and loads of you have to go and watch it whilst having 3 or 4 pints down you! haha

Is this the state we're in at the moment or has this been for ever?

You don't actually save that much getting a season ticket so if you aren't bothered about the seat, just go every other game and do something with the family the other game days. You might actually enjoy the latter more haha
Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:50 - Feb 3 with 3997 viewsKieran_Knows

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:48 - Feb 3 by Vaughan8

Lot of people get a season ticket "just because". and loads of you have to go and watch it whilst having 3 or 4 pints down you! haha

You don't actually save that much getting a season ticket so if you aren't bothered about the seat, just go every other game and do something with the family the other game days. You might actually enjoy the latter more haha

The going for a beer is more the social side of meeting up with several mates every other week, than having to have a few beers to watch the game (although it certainly has helped throughout the years)!

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:51 - Feb 3 with 3993 viewschicoazul

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:22 - Feb 3 by SomethingBlue

We were supposed to have a long brutal inquest at the end of last season and now look.

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:51 - Feb 3 with 3992 viewsartsbossbeard

Season ticket renewal - Div 3 next season. on 09:48 - Feb 3 by Vaughan8

Up & down the country, having a few beers and watching the game goes hand in hand, though.

I can't recall the last home game I went to without a drink taken aforehand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024