Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyway, never mind all that... 16:17 - Feb 2 with 1074 viewsFixed_It

...what about the police presence yesterday? I assume there was some sort of police intelligence about trouble? There was a group of about 20 or so Peterborough fans over by the bridge near the docks post-match - couldn't have been at the game and looked like there were a couple of coppers with them on the walk back to the station.
Anything kick-off?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyway, never mind all that... on 16:22 - Feb 2 with 1034 viewsfooters

Think they were there for crimes against football.

Assume Lambert's been bailed.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyway, never mind all that... on 17:21 - Feb 2 with 939 viewsITFC_Forever

When I walked down from the station I asked one of the policemen what was with the high presence.

Apparently they had heard that the Peterborough fans were likely to be a pain.

There seemed to be a fairly high amount of them in all the usual designer labels, but they didn’t seem to be doing much wrong.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyway, never mind all that... on 17:43 - Feb 2 with 837 viewsstonojnr

Tbf I think weve just forgotten it was same last time we played them at Portman Road, fair enough it was 8 years back...plus there was that stuff at the station post away game this season

But I remember back for the March game in 2012 very strong police presence in town,I didn't go to that match but was in the Robert Ransome watching the afternoon rugby, before England v Ireland later...on St Patrick's day...so that may all have been a factor, but there were police on every street corner in town centre and riot vans visiting all the pubs in town pre match,during and post match.
Anyway, never mind all that... on 18:02 - Feb 2 with 776 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyway, never mind all that... on 17:43 - Feb 2 by stonojnr

Tbf I think weve just forgotten it was same last time we played them at Portman Road, fair enough it was 8 years back...plus there was that stuff at the station post away game this season

But I remember back for the March game in 2012 very strong police presence in town,I didn't go to that match but was in the Robert Ransome watching the afternoon rugby, before England v Ireland later...on St Patrick's day...so that may all have been a factor, but there were police on every street corner in town centre and riot vans visiting all the pubs in town pre match,during and post match.

The stuff at the station after the away game this season was nothing to do with Peterborough fans.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 18:03]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024