Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This feels different 15:07 - Feb 2 with 1334 viewsIllinoisblue

Even if by some miracle we string some wins together and get promoted, feels like it will be in spite of Lambert not because of him. Sensed an undercurrent of fans not being convinced by him, but this Posh hammering has tipped things past the point of no return. The hammering at Lincoln, home defeat to Bristol, the last gasp loss at Exeter... feels like yesterday was the final straw. And yet it wasn’t that long ago “Paul Lambert is a blue” was being sung at the end of every game. What a thoroughly weird season. We still have no real identity and despite winning just 6 of our last 25 games are still well in the promotion fight. Odd times and I still believe we’ll go up automatically.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This feels different on 15:11 - Feb 2 with 1301 viewsGarv

If we beat Sunderland the same song will be sung, I reckon.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

This feels different on 15:15 - Feb 2 with 1278 viewsIllinoisblue

This feels different on 15:11 - Feb 2 by Garv

If we beat Sunderland the same song will be sung, I reckon.

Let’s hope so! BIG game that

62 - 78 - 81

This feels different on 15:16 - Feb 2 with 1274 viewsReuser_is_God

For all of Evans failings as our owner if we don’t go up this season it’s all on Lambert.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This feels different on 15:22 - Feb 2 with 1215 viewsLankHenners

An early mass exodus followed by loud booing and jeering from a fanbase normally happy to sit and grumble should be a huge wake up call for Lambert et. al.

For all I think the 'PR Paul' label is reductive, especially when it was first used to discredit some of the genuinely positive things Lambert did off the pitch (although a competent top level of the club would have all that sorted without the first team manager having to), he has seemed to keep the terrace anger at bay with empty statements about how great the fans are etc. for far too long and maybe at last people are giving the pushback he's long deserved.

It's very believable that the 'plan' for this season was to get by on having better players with not much thought put to anything else. We should have used this season for a proper rebuild to find an identity or style and use the momentum generated to give ourselves a chance next season. As it is we've over rotated then put the handbrake on it but still without much invention in how to play. The recent positive results at the start of the month feel like when we had 'play off form' under Jewell with his diamond that lasted for about half a dozen games until teams worked us out and we had no recourse.

If we can stay in touch for now then smash the run in it's feasible we'll get top 2 but that's still in the balance and if nothing else the last couple of games have shown we may as well not bother playing the matches in the play-offs if we have to make do with them instead.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This feels different on 15:26 - Feb 2 with 1191 viewsElephantintheRoom

Is there any particular reason why teams like Peterborough shouldn't turn Town over? Sunderland is a tad different because it is a game between two clubs with delusions of grandeur - and Town might win... after all there must come a time when we beat a top 8 team. Not sure it makes much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Personally I'm coming around to the idea that a few years in this division might make supporters more appreciative of a step up.

It'll take some doing for Town not to come in the top 6 though... and with their fixtures at the end of the season looking none too daunting, momentum beckons. Think how thrilled you'll be to be at wembley - quietly forgetting how awful this division has been - and how useless Town have been in it from time to time.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

This feels different on 16:15 - Feb 2 with 1087 viewsIllinoisblue

This feels different on 15:26 - Feb 2 by ElephantintheRoom

Is there any particular reason why teams like Peterborough shouldn't turn Town over? Sunderland is a tad different because it is a game between two clubs with delusions of grandeur - and Town might win... after all there must come a time when we beat a top 8 team. Not sure it makes much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Personally I'm coming around to the idea that a few years in this division might make supporters more appreciative of a step up.

It'll take some doing for Town not to come in the top 6 though... and with their fixtures at the end of the season looking none too daunting, momentum beckons. Think how thrilled you'll be to be at wembley - quietly forgetting how awful this division has been - and how useless Town have been in it from time to time.

If you don’t see a massive problem with the manner of yesterday’s defeat, coming so soon after the complete no-show at Rotherham, then I’m not sure what to say.

62 - 78 - 81

This feels different on 16:22 - Feb 2 with 1046 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The bloke should have gone in January ... he isn’t a good manager it’s as simple as that.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

This feels different on 17:14 - Feb 2 with 939 viewsbrogansnose

This feels different on 15:26 - Feb 2 by ElephantintheRoom

Oh yeah, a few years in this division is really going to make us all a lot more appreciative of a step up. So very, very, very appreciative. Its going to make all this schmutz worthwhile.

Silver linings and all that.
Login to get fewer ads

This feels different on 18:00 - Feb 2 with 835 viewsPecker

Definitely in spite of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024