Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? 12:25 - Feb 2 with 2433 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Start again with KVY, Norwood, Downes and Wolfie, if I'm honest, thats probably about it.
The rest can go.

However, that would mean that Evans is going to have to find some money and thats not happening.

We'll never play in the Premier League again, we will likely never reach a competitive level with Nodge again, the best we can hope for is somehow getting back into the Championship, where I suspect we will become a Champ/L1 Yo-Yo club, like Rotherham.

All of this has happened under Evans, but somehow I'm told by many on here that I must be happy that we've sunk as low as we have, because he puts in £5m a year, offsets his funding of the club with player sales, isn't an Oyston or Sisu, and somehow has employed six managers, five of which have failed.

Thanks Marcus, god knows where we'd be without you.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 12:32 - Feb 2 with 2397 viewspointofblue

Thank goodness Evans isn’t an Oyston or a Sisu yet we’re in the same division as both of those teams and only one point ahead of the latter.

Woolfenden and Downes won’t be here next year unless they put in too many more performances like yesterday. Even then they’re simply lowering their market value as a higher side will take a punt on their previous form.

We’ll never be anything again. We’re a pointless side sliding ever downwards and unless a mad billionaire decides to take a punt nothing will change.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 13:03 - Feb 2 with 2341 viewsITFCBlues

There will be no starting again with Downes and Wolfy I'm afraid. They'll be gone at the end of the season if we fail to gain promotion

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 13:34 - Feb 2 with 2303 viewsBlueBadger

The squad is plenty good enough. The manager isn't.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 07:16 - Feb 3 with 2195 viewsChrisd

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 13:34 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

Right on the manager, not on the squad though.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 07:23 - Feb 3 with 2181 viewsReuser_is_God

No, we’re finally realising that the manager isn’t good enough to get this squad promoted.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 07:40 - Feb 3 with 2132 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 13:34 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

.....and our wing backs on Saturday will be.....?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 07:57 - Feb 3 with 2098 viewsChrisd

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 07:40 - Feb 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

.....and our wing backs on Saturday will be.....?

PL will change formation. I'm going with a 4-3-3.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:11 - Feb 3 with 2074 viewsr2d2

I dont get why our finances can be so bad. Norwich seem to consistently do things well on what appears to be a similar budget. Yes, they have sold players for big money, but so have we. They obviously invest it a lot wiser than our lot at the top. We may not like it, but we should be looking at the way they run a football club. Because whatever our hierarchy does is blatantly cr@p.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:17 - Feb 3 with 2057 viewsOxford_Blue

In administration
Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:20 - Feb 3 with 2042 viewschicoazul

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:11 - Feb 3 by r2d2

I dont get why our finances can be so bad. Norwich seem to consistently do things well on what appears to be a similar budget. Yes, they have sold players for big money, but so have we. They obviously invest it a lot wiser than our lot at the top. We may not like it, but we should be looking at the way they run a football club. Because whatever our hierarchy does is blatantly cr@p.

Our finances are one of the few things about us that are ok. The debt is owed to the Owner and he won't ever get any of it back. It's all made-up debt anyway.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:21 - Feb 3 with 2040 viewsr2d2

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:17 - Feb 3 by Oxford_Blue

In administration

Would we though? None of us know what might have happened, someone else might have bought us. Its all hypothetical. We are where we are. No one likes it, or shouldnt do.
Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:42 - Feb 3 with 2005 viewsIpswichKnight

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:20 - Feb 3 by chicoazul

Our finances are one of the few things about us that are ok. The debt is owed to the Owner and he won't ever get any of it back. It's all made-up debt anyway.

He'll want some of it back even if it's an IOU if we ever get to the premiership ( stop sniggering at the back ).
Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:50 - Feb 3 with 1985 viewshaynes_toe1

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 07:23 - Feb 3 by Reuser_is_God

No, we’re finally realising that the manager isn’t good enough to get this squad promoted.

Exactly. The squad is plenty good enough. Lambert is a failure. I said it last season. He's literally done nothing to make me think otherwise.
Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 09:52 - Feb 3 with 1932 viewsOxford_Blue

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:21 - Feb 3 by r2d2

Would we though? None of us know what might have happened, someone else might have bought us. Its all hypothetical. We are where we are. No one likes it, or shouldnt do.

yes
Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 10:18 - Feb 3 with 1882 viewsMrTown

Downes and Woolfenden will be sold for £5m a pop in the summer.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 10:22 - Feb 3 with 1848 viewsIpswichKnight

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 08:50 - Feb 3 by haynes_toe1

Exactly. The squad is plenty good enough. Lambert is a failure. I said it last season. He's literally done nothing to make me think otherwise.

We have no pace apart from Jackson and even then we are adamant best way to use it is to lump it over the top of the 2 or 3 centre halves who look down on giant Redwoods. We have no X factor, no one who runs at defenders or tries to make anything happen, we try to pass it round 2 tight banks of 4 with no width and wonder why it breaks down.
Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 10:23 - Feb 3 with 1845 viewsMrTown

The squad is just as cack.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 10:54 - Feb 3 with 1798 viewsJammyDodgerrr

An on individual basis, we probably have the best team in the league, on top form other than maybe Toney at Pboro. It hasn't been meshed that well and if we don't go up it is solely down to Lambert. However, we need to stay behind the team.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 12:43 - Feb 3 with 1730 viewsMaySixth

No.
I thought we would finish 12th at the beginning of the season.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 13:46 - Feb 3 with 1663 viewsghostofescobar

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 12:43 - Feb 3 by MaySixth

No.
I thought we would finish 12th at the beginning of the season.

Roughly agree with this. I thought we'd finish just outside the play offs - 8th or around there. i thought that changing the team from one of the worst in our history (one that's been slowly ground down over many years) to definite promotion material in a few months was hopeful. Scott Parkers comments about Fulham in the link below mirror much about where we are I think:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50860579

GhostOfEscobar

Are we finally realising that this squad isn't good enough to get promoted? on 16:49 - Feb 3 with 1609 viewsArnieM

CheltenhamBlue:

No you don’t “have to be happy that we’ve sunk that low.“

Instead of moaning about it like all Evans outers appear to do after Town lose a game, is maybe actually DO something about it ? Ie set up an Evans Out group . Campaign for his removal. Stop buying a season ticket. Stop travelling to away games , ie vote with your feet.

Also, the view that “ it all went tits up when Evans took over”, might actually be a bit of a red herring , because Towns decline had begun long before he showed up. It happened when digital tv went bust , ending funding into the game . Many Clubs caught a cold having committed to players contracts on the back of this “ income”. The reason Town caught financial Flu, instead if the header cold was because the tv income coincided with our relegation from the PL, with mounting debts.

Evans came much later , after administration, and Sheepshanks worked hard to bring a buyer in , as Town slipped ever closer to oblivion. He sold Evans on the idea that s big of cash input and squad tweaking would set us returned to the promised land . Evans “ buys” this sales pitch , buys our debt off Aviva and set about giving managers £12m + ..... the managers ( Each snd every one of them squandered that money on journeymen on high wages ), Wi tv no promotions. Can’t say I bjj ok and him for stopping that approach . Then financial regulation cane in and he now he can’t even he wants too ( which many fans just fail to grasp!!)

Asked the question, would you prefer Marcus Evans investing what he is ALLOWED too each season and mid trying to rebuild the Club from the bottom up , OR he sells up ( who is going to pay £100m+ for third tier Club ? ) or more likely winds up the Club as a going concern thereby ending Ipswich Town FC existence, I think I know what the majority of fans would take don’t you ?

So , if Evans is your anti Christ then feel free to ACTIVELY oust him 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024