Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra to save Lambert's career? 09:47 - Feb 2 with 3850 viewsMullet

While it didn't work out for him at Stanley, he was the only threat we had all game. With the Prem interest and retaining him surely he has to start getting time on the pitch? Judge clearly doesn't do enough week in week out, Bishop will also be a bit part player for the foreseeable.

How many games could be turned by bringing on Dobra to run in behind the strikers? When we've hurt teams this season it's been from direct running and making them commit, between Jackson, Dobra, Sears and Bishop we should have enough to do this most weeks and change the face of our attack.

As much as I'm unconvinced by elements of Jackson and Norwood's games they've not had enough help or service to be effective.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 10:00 - Feb 2 with 3767 viewsHerbivore

Dobra hasn't even been making the bench in recent times. It speaks to the cluelessness of our manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 10:14 - Feb 2 with 3722 viewsstrikalite

Dembele for Posh did exactly this, from the bench his pace alone terrorized defenders, that last twenty minutes is huge we all know that, now he starts, it's progression, how on earth is Dobra meant to get to where Dembele is now by being totally frozen out?

I just can't believe Lambert can't see this..
Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 10:20 - Feb 2 with 3696 viewsLankHenners

Was surprised not to see him on the bench given that Bishop was out, especially considering the talk of ‘might not send him on loan as we could need him here’. Not sure he’s quite ready for consistent starts but certainly has a bit of magic in him and difficult to see him being less effective than Judge.

He’s better than U23 level and it’s a bit sh1t for him to be stuck playing those games if he’s not going to be involved in the first team. If he wasn’t going to be seriously considered for the first team then we should have sent him out on loan to league 2. We may have tried to but hard not to believe the club ummed and ahhed over it then let it run out of time.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 10:37 - Feb 2 with 3648 viewscbower

Been saying this for a while now. Part of the bench should be for game changers - something different - the much vaunted Plan B. With Bishop out yesterday, having Dozzell and Nolan on the bench was an error. Neither would really change the dynamics too much wheras Dobra would. Since he was sent off (and he perhaps should have gone a little earlier tbh), he has had no game time to speak of. Surely this is not Lambert teaching him some kind of lesson? All defenders, let alone L1 defenders, fear direct pace. Other than Bishop, we have nobody that will drive at opposition defences. Yes, Jackson has pace but he lacks control at times, Edwards never seems to have the ball totally under control either. Dobra in the final 20 would get us up the park, frighten defenders and add much needed dynamism to what is, a very one paced midfield. For all his nice touches at times, let's be honest about Judge, he is not delivering enough. His insistence on checking back slows us down and he is incredibly frustrating to me. If Premier League Brighton see something in Dobra (for the future I would guess), surely he is worth a spot on our bench?

bluescouser

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 11:28 - Feb 2 with 3550 viewstextbackup

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 10:20 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

Was surprised not to see him on the bench given that Bishop was out, especially considering the talk of ‘might not send him on loan as we could need him here’. Not sure he’s quite ready for consistent starts but certainly has a bit of magic in him and difficult to see him being less effective than Judge.

He’s better than U23 level and it’s a bit sh1t for him to be stuck playing those games if he’s not going to be involved in the first team. If he wasn’t going to be seriously considered for the first team then we should have sent him out on loan to league 2. We may have tried to but hard not to believe the club ummed and ahhed over it then let it run out of time.

he could have been on the bench for brighton away at westham in the premier league yesterday if we'd have sold him. but doesn't make the squad for l1 fixture at home to 7000 home fans Peterborough.... strange world

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 11:32 - Feb 2 with 3528 viewsSomethingBlue

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 11:28 - Feb 2 by textbackup

he could have been on the bench for brighton away at westham in the premier league yesterday if we'd have sold him. but doesn't make the squad for l1 fixture at home to 7000 home fans Peterborough.... strange world

A bit different; he'd have been a development squad signing for Brighton, they make a few like that and do it well. I do agree, though, that he should be involved for us now. Has something we simply don't possess elsewhere in the squad.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 12:56 - Feb 2 with 3419 viewsMullet

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 10:14 - Feb 2 by strikalite

Dembele for Posh did exactly this, from the bench his pace alone terrorized defenders, that last twenty minutes is huge we all know that, now he starts, it's progression, how on earth is Dobra meant to get to where Dembele is now by being totally frozen out?

I guess had the Maddison saga not happened and Eisa been dropped things would be different, but regardless surely this dismal week provides the springboard for such a change?

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 12:57 - Feb 2 with 3398 viewsHerbivore

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 12:56 - Feb 2 by Mullet

I guess had the Maddison saga not happened and Eisa been dropped things would be different, but regardless surely this dismal week provides the springboard for such a change?

Hopefully Chambo will have another word and remind him how to do his job.

Login to get fewer ads

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 12:57 - Feb 2 with 3402 viewssparks

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 12:56 - Feb 2 by Mullet

He should probably start ahead of Judge- even if we take him off later.

Judge is hopelessly ineffective and we have now built a formation to suit him- despite the fact that we really dont have wingbacks or more than 1 ball playing CB.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 12:58 - Feb 2 with 3395 viewsMullet

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 10:20 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

I thought he might go out and El Miz stay or vice versa, so to see neither getting time and Dozzell too go from starting at Lincoln to nowhere does beg many questions.

No idea what Lambert will do for Sunderland. I can see a 433 as the full backs coming in allow it, but that means Nolan is the most likely to be dropped back in the side. Really we could do with Sears ahead of one FB and Jackson the other if that's the case.

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 13:35 - Feb 2 with 3320 viewsTerry_Nutkins

He wouldnt be anywhere near Brightons 1st team.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 14:12 - Feb 2 with 3246 viewsshady

Firstly must admit that I love Dobs, however...
In order to play (even the last 20 minutes) he needs to learn the art of tackling
His disciplinary record cards to tackles makes even our Gwion out to be a saint.
He's managed four yellows and a red which is some record considering that he comes on as a sub.

I don't think he's been harshly sidelined and for the U23's he's given the number 10 role which I think suits him best.
Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 14:27 - Feb 2 with 3210 viewsjaykay

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 12:57 - Feb 2 by sparks

He should probably start ahead of Judge- even if we take him off later.

Judge is hopelessly ineffective and we have now built a formation to suit him- despite the fact that we really dont have wingbacks or more than 1 ball playing CB.

i blame brentford and bristol city for our demise. judge and douglas from brentford. then skuse and gerken after they had seen bristol city relegated to div. 1, but came back to the championship a season after we took them on.
all said in jest

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 14:30 - Feb 2 with 3194 viewsCoco

He might see it now someone else has done it!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 14:35 - Feb 2 with 3180 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think the "direct running and making them commit" is the key more than the personnel. We seem not to be doing it enough regardless who is on the pitch. I think it should be a tactical call to encourage more of it. As you say, we have players with the ability to do so. I would even add Edwards into that. When he first came in he looked capable of it at Championship level. The other two who have done it and we are missing are KVY and Garbutt.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 17:45 - Feb 2 with 3067 viewsMullet

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 14:35 - Feb 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the "direct running and making them commit" is the key more than the personnel. We seem not to be doing it enough regardless who is on the pitch. I think it should be a tactical call to encourage more of it. As you say, we have players with the ability to do so. I would even add Edwards into that. When he first came in he looked capable of it at Championship level. The other two who have done it and we are missing are KVY and Garbutt.

This narrative of missing KVY was as telling as it was false, if we hinged entirely on a RB coming up from League 2 then we were already in way too much trouble.

Fact is, Lambert simply doesn't read the opposition well enough or react, let alone pre-empt them too often. Rotherham was a perfect example both home and away.

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 18:12 - Feb 2 with 2985 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Should’ve started Dozzell

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 18:19 - Feb 2 with 2968 viewsSuperfrans

Dembele is 23, didn’t make his debut until he was almost 21.

Dobra is 18 and has already made his first team debut. He’s been given more opportunity than Dembele had at the same age.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 18:20 - Feb 2 with 2962 viewsSuperfrans

You think he’d have gone straight onto the bench for Brighton?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 18:41 - Feb 2 with 2916 viewsMullet

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 18:12 - Feb 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Should’ve started Dozzell

Where though? He doesn't run at players in that way, and given how Lincoln panned out he needs far better screening.

I guess next to Downes in front of Skuse in a 433 might work and then we can change it. But Lambert simply doesn't manage that way.

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 19:00 - Feb 2 with 2884 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 18:41 - Feb 2 by Mullet

Where though? He doesn't run at players in that way, and given how Lincoln panned out he needs far better screening.

I guess next to Downes in front of Skuse in a 433 might work and then we can change it. But Lambert simply doesn't manage that way.

Next to Downes imo. We didn't need Skuse and downs in front of a back 5.

Downes and Dozzell were looking like a decent combo. Huws came in, probably rightly so, but if he isn't in then Dozzell and Downes compliment each other so well. Coventry first half will always stand out in my mind, we were so good. I just feel that Andre has been hard done by personally

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 19:40 - Feb 2 with 2820 viewsHerbivore

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 19:00 - Feb 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Next to Downes imo. We didn't need Skuse and downs in front of a back 5.

Downes and Dozzell were looking like a decent combo. Huws came in, probably rightly so, but if he isn't in then Dozzell and Downes compliment each other so well. Coventry first half will always stand out in my mind, we were so good. I just feel that Andre has been hard done by personally

They got torn apart at Lincoln.

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 20:05 - Feb 2 with 2763 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 19:40 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

They got torn apart at Lincoln.

You can say that about every player this season who has had an absolute mare. Maybe except Flynn who has been consistent. I always say and I know people disagree how can we possibly see the best of Dozzell if he is pulled in and out of the team constantly, it isn't fair on a player.

But our fans have already written him off, I like him but for his sake I hope he moves on and plays regularly, but I'm sure it will be a case of one that got away.

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 09:13 - Feb 3 with 2485 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dobra to save Lambert's career? on 17:45 - Feb 2 by Mullet

This narrative of missing KVY was as telling as it was false, if we hinged entirely on a RB coming up from League 2 then we were already in way too much trouble.

Fact is, Lambert simply doesn't read the opposition well enough or react, let alone pre-empt them too often. Rotherham was a perfect example both home and away.

No-one said we hinged entirely on him, they said we missed him, which we do.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024