Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here 12:46 - Feb 1 with 950 viewsCoco

Turned their noses up at the idea of Lampard or Gerrard as manager? Even the idea of Pearson was scorned. You live and learn.

COYB 😉

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:47 - Feb 1 with 927 viewsHerbivore

How do you think Lampard would have done here with the financial constraints we have?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:50 - Feb 1 with 910 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone can manage one of the Old Firm.

Lampard has done ok. Derby success built on spending big and Chelsea loans. Chelsea success perhaps largely down to luck and the transfer embargo forcing him to play their youngsters who have stepped up.

Nothing to say either of them would have succeeded here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:50 - Feb 1 with 905 viewsCoco

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:47 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

How do you think Lampard would have done here with the financial constraints we have?

We wouldn’t be in league one.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:51 - Feb 1 with 901 viewsChrisd

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:47 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

It's more who Lampard could've got in on loan from Chelsea than who we'd buy. Look at the impact he had last season at Derby with those loan players and compare that with Derby this season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:54 - Feb 1 with 869 viewsHerbivore

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:51 - Feb 1 by Chrisd

It's more who Lampard could've got in on loan from Chelsea than who we'd buy. Look at the impact he had last season at Derby with those loan players and compare that with Derby this season.

Those loan players would have been out of our price range.

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:54 - Feb 1 with 871 viewsclive_baker

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:51 - Feb 1 by Chrisd

He spent a lot of money at Derby to finish on less points that they did the season before, and ultimately fail to get them up. Not disputing he could go on to be a good manager but he’s got it all to prove. Coming here would’ve been a different proposition altogether.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:55 - Feb 1 with 864 viewsHerbivore

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:50 - Feb 1 by Coco

We wouldn’t be in league one.

Maybe, maybe not. It's impossible to know.

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:59 - Feb 1 with 838 viewsSimonds92

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:54 - Feb 1 by clive_baker

He spent a lot of money at Derby to finish on less points that they did the season before, and ultimately fail to get them up. Not disputing he could go on to be a good manager but he’s got it all to prove. Coming here would’ve been a different proposition altogether.

I fully agree with you but in hindsight I'm sure he would have done a much better job than Hurst.
Login to get fewer ads

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 13:49 - Feb 1 with 740 viewsGuthrum

Lampard has done pretty well at Chelsea, but he also has the very favourable factors of being a club legend and operating under transfer restrictions, both of which have given him something of a free pass through difficult periods. Plus he has an immense talent pool at his disposal (not least of promising young players).

And he's still 7 points behind where Chelsea were at this stage last season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 14:47 - Feb 1 with 655 viewsagentp

I was in a minority wanting Scott Parker. My nephew [now released] was in the Spurs academy and spoke very highly of him on all accounts.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 14:56 - Feb 1 with 638 viewsmidastouch

I was quite keen on Lampard but it wouldn't of mattered as he'd of only used us as a stepping stone. Moreover, when he actually found out what little he'd have to work with in the way of financial support he was off like a shot to Derby.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 14:56 - Feb 1 with 632 viewsRadlett_blue

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 12:59 - Feb 1 by Simonds92

I fully agree with you but in hindsight I'm sure he would have done a much better job than Hurst.

Paul Jewell or Gary Megson would have done a better job than Hurst.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Remember when the ‘knowledge’ on here on 15:32 - Feb 1 with 573 viewsTractorWood

Was keenish on both. Evan's interviewed one of them didn't he? Rumour was they had massive wage demands.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024