Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... 19:53 - Jan 31 with 1560 viewsJ2BLUE

Tragic.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 20:38 - Jan 31 with 1531 viewstractordownsouth

To be fair it's better than them spunking money on the actual Big Ben and to their credit, the campaign donated that money to Help For Heroes.

Mind you, I do feel sorry for the people at the rally... one of the muppets from my uni course is on it.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 20:44 - Jan 31 with 1517 viewsWD19

I can see the headlines now:

“some people in Britain have a couple of drinks on a Friday night and do something a bit silly”
According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 20:47 - Jan 31 with 1506 viewsfooters

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 20:44 - Jan 31 by WD19

“some people in Britain have a couple of drinks on a Friday night and do something a bit silly”

Don't think the referendum was on a Friday.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 20:48 - Jan 31 with 1504 viewsjeera

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 20:44 - Jan 31 by WD19

On a monumental scale, as a matter of national 'pride'.

In front of the world.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 21:45 - Jan 31 with 1449 viewsElderGrizzly

Right now they are losing their shlt over a CBeebies clip made 11 years ago

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 07:27 - Feb 1 with 1345 viewstractordownsouth

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 21:45 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

Hahaha so the snowflakes on Brexit day are actually those who voted for it... who'd have thunk it....

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 07:36 - Feb 1 with 1334 viewsm14_blue

These ‘celebrations’ have been so pathetic I’ve actually found watching the coverage fairly cathartic. These are people to pity, not to be angry with.

I don’t for one moment subscribe to the idea that all Brexit voters are dimwitted brainwashed xenophobes but I doubt there are many who attended Brexit parties that don’t fit that description.
According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 07:53 - Feb 1 with 1310 viewsSwansea_Blue

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 21:45 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

Horrible Histories is a prize-winning awesome venture. It brings history to life making it really accessible for kids, and as well as the TV shows they have theatre tours through the holidays. My kids love it; my youngest went to a show on the Middle Ages over Christmas and could stop talking about all the horribleness.

It educational and focussed around simple facts - that’s why they don’t like it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 08:05 - Feb 1 with 1298 viewsStokieBlue

Just listening to radio 4 and there were fireworks on the beach to celebrate brexit in Lowestoft.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 08:16 - Feb 1 with 1283 viewsSwansea_Blue

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 08:05 - Feb 1 by StokieBlue

Just listening to radio 4 and there were fireworks on the beach to celebrate brexit in Lowestoft.

SB

Hope they set fire to their knobs.

Not that I’m bitter

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 08:22 - Feb 1 with 1271 viewstractordownsouth

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 08:05 - Feb 1 by StokieBlue

SB

Imagine the scenes down in Clacton

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 08:48 - Feb 1 with 1238 viewsitfcjoe

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 07:36 - Feb 1 by m14_blue

These ‘celebrations’ have been so pathetic I’ve actually found watching the coverage fairly cathartic. These are people to pity, not to be angry with.

I don’t for one moment subscribe to the idea that all Brexit voters are dimwitted brainwashed xenophobes but I doubt there are many who attended Brexit parties that don’t fit that description.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Brexit, and there are arguments for both sides - but those who were behind the Leave campaign had to sell their souls because the only way they would win the vote was to fire up the left behinds by blaming the immigrants, Muslims and EU for everything

This has let the genie out of the bottle with regards to racism and xenophobia. The vote couldn’t have been won without them having these feelings played upon and played up. Was it worth it?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 8:53]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 11:39 - Feb 1 with 1162 viewsSwansea_Blue

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 08:48 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Brexit, and there are arguments for both sides - but those who were behind the Leave campaign had to sell their souls because the only way they would win the vote was to fire up the left behinds by blaming the immigrants, Muslims and EU for everything

This has let the genie out of the bottle with regards to racism and xenophobia. The vote couldn’t have been won without them having these feelings played upon and played up. Was it worth it?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 8:53]

I’m yet to see a decent argument for leaving. Those given are ridiculously simplistic and don’t take into account the reality of how the world is.

‘Take back control’
Everyone is a ‘rule taker’ when it comes to international agreements and laws: mutual agreements are made and then apply to all in that bloc. That’s not going to change now. The only thing that’s changed is our bargaining clout has been significantly reduced.

‘Take control of our borders’
We need immigration. Joint arrangements with neighbouring countries benefit our businesses, public services and citizens. That’s why we chose not to exercise the control we have. EU citizens contribute positively to the public coffers (more so than our own citizens). If we’re evaluating people based on where they come from, EU citizens are the best type of immigrants to have.

‘Make Britain great again’
We were pretty good already, but Brexit has already affected our world standing even before it’s begun properly. Most of the problems that have led to people being disenfranchised are domestic. We need bargaining clout and to be able to attract the best to make this happen. Brexit reduces the first (see above) and is making us less attractive - people, institutions and investment are leaving.

I understand people are trying to offer an olive branch, but there’s virtually nothing positive about Brexit for the country as a whole. It’s a complete arse of an idea, implemented badly so far, by a bunch of shisters and conmen.

According to BBC the Brexit rally have a recording of Big Ben to play... on 11:40 - Feb 1 with 1158 viewsfooters

SB

Ah, my beloved hometown :)

Fun fact: the cafe on Lowestoft docks is called the Europa.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024