Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ipswich trains 10:40 - Jan 29 with 2655 viewssparks

According to the interwebs, a train from london to ipswich on the morning of 22 feb (oxford match) involves changes at ingatestone and newbury park and takes over 2 hours. Am i missing something????

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

ipswich trains on 10:41 - Jan 29 with 2640 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bus replacements

Makes getting to home games from Wycombe for me take over 4 hours

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

ipswich trains on 10:42 - Jan 29 with 2639 viewsclive_baker

Speaking of trains, anyone been on one of the new ones? It's like resting your head on an ironing board.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

ipswich trains on 10:45 - Jan 29 with 2614 viewsgiant_stow

ipswich trains on 10:42 - Jan 29 by clive_baker

Speaking of trains, anyone been on one of the new ones? It's like resting your head on an ironing board.

Ah, the new class 755 aka FLIRT.

Those seats are the best in modern train design according to my mate Geoff Marshall.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

ipswich trains on 10:47 - Jan 29 with 2606 viewssparks

ipswich trains on 10:41 - Jan 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Bus replacements

Makes getting to home games from Wycombe for me take over 4 hours

Boll ocks to that then..

Was going to take kids to london at half term then up for the game on the saturday.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

ipswich trains on 10:53 - Jan 29 with 2566 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

ipswich trains on 10:47 - Jan 29 by sparks

Boll ocks to that then..

Was going to take kids to london at half term then up for the game on the saturday.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

ipswich trains on 10:57 - Jan 29 with 2560 viewsSteve_M

Got one last week, thought it was comfortable enough. Pleased to see that it didn't break down too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

ipswich trains on 11:01 - Jan 29 with 2538 viewsSWGF

Was that the model that was stuck outside Stratford, full of passengers, for 5hrs yesterday?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

ipswich trains on 11:03 - Jan 29 with 2532 viewsclive_baker

ipswich trains on 10:57 - Jan 29 by Steve_M

Got one last week, thought it was comfortable enough. Pleased to see that it didn't break down too.

The seats are a bit too upright for my liking, I prefer more of a recline, and the headboards were like wood. The screens were snazzy though. I might have to try 1st class next time. I'm no train enthusiast but they definitely feel like they could do the journey faster than the older ones, should the track allow for it. Felt like it was in 3rd gear.

Login to get fewer ads

ipswich trains on 11:04 - Jan 29 with 2528 viewsgiant_stow

ipswich trains on 11:03 - Jan 29 by clive_baker

The seats are a bit too upright for my liking, I prefer more of a recline, and the headboards were like wood. The screens were snazzy though. I might have to try 1st class next time. I'm no train enthusiast but they definitely feel like they could do the journey faster than the older ones, should the track allow for it. Felt like it was in 3rd gear.

Sorry to bore you further but the new trains can accelerate faster, meaning that a new timetable is possible down the line. At the moment trains are apparently waiting at stations longer kill a bit of time.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

ipswich trains on 11:13 - Jan 29 with 2494 viewsITFC_Forever

ipswich trains on 11:01 - Jan 29 by SWGF

Was that the model that was stuck outside Stratford, full of passengers, for 5hrs yesterday?

Yep, a mate was on that one!

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ipswich trains on 11:23 - Jan 29 with 2462 viewsclive_baker

ipswich trains on 11:04 - Jan 29 by giant_stow

Sorry to bore you further but the new trains can accelerate faster, meaning that a new timetable is possible down the line. At the moment trains are apparently waiting at stations longer kill a bit of time.

Call me a cynic, but will they just leave the time table as is and bank the 'wiggle room' brought about by the new trains? Presumably would make them look really reliable and reduce their compensation payouts. Unless a quicker timetable attracts more punters that otherwise wouldn't bother I guess. I'm going for the cynical view.

ipswich trains on 11:25 - Jan 29 with 2455 viewsgiant_stow

ipswich trains on 11:23 - Jan 29 by clive_baker

Call me a cynic, but will they just leave the time table as is and bank the 'wiggle room' brought about by the new trains? Presumably would make them look really reliable and reduce their compensation payouts. Unless a quicker timetable attracts more punters that otherwise wouldn't bother I guess. I'm going for the cynical view.

I guess you're right actually - why would they change it.

ipswich trains on 11:27 - Jan 29 with 2455 viewsitfcjoe

I don't know how anyone relies on the trains from London, they are an absolute shambles

Mrs itfcjoe doing a 4 week course in London, delays on both journeys nearly every day - the difference between being able to get home in time to see the kids or not. The service is shocking and costs a fortune

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

ipswich trains on 12:10 - Jan 29 with 2365 viewsBackToRussia

They cancelled about 50 trains yesterday. The trains were all breaking down, had nothing to do with the lines.

They were still cancelling services at about 10 at night. It's farking ludicrous.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 12:16]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

ipswich trains on 12:16 - Jan 29 with 2347 viewsstevec7

We are coming up from Cornwall for the game, driving to London then the train/coach to Ipswich watch the match then coach/train back to London. Bloody nightmare
ipswich trains on 13:18 - Jan 29 with 2249 viewsBlueWharf

ipswich trains on 11:27 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

I don't know how anyone relies on the trains from London, they are an absolute shambles

Mrs itfcjoe doing a 4 week course in London, delays on both journeys nearly every day - the difference between being able to get home in time to see the kids or not. The service is shocking and costs a fortune

I'm blaming her! They've been fine until she started getting them!
ipswich trains on 13:20 - Jan 29 with 2246 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yep, sloping floors look like they could be fun after a few jars

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

ipswich trains on 17:57 - Jan 29 with 2105 viewsbrogansnose

ipswich trains on 10:47 - Jan 29 by sparks

Boll ocks to that then..

Kings X to Cambridge 55 minutes then Cambridge to Ipswich around an hour if time is an issue, no idea about cost but its possible to to do the London journey at a reasonable price on a Saturday.
ipswich trains on 18:02 - Jan 29 with 2096 viewsMullet

ipswich trains on 11:27 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

Try Northern! Literally just left us to rot up here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024