Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really poor for 80mins... technical concerns again 21:53 - Jan 28 with 1059 viewsunstableblue

Those Rotherham players were better technically: individually and in their playing system all game, despite our huffing and puffing and possession. They had the outlet, they had the switch of play.

Again we struggled with a better technical side, despite holding an excellent Oxford in poor conditions recently.

I hope this was an off night from the players, and the last 10mins had some merit. But I cannot get over this niggle in my mind that we have yet another manager who is not setting up the team effectively. We have the individuals - but is the technical coaching to cope with tougher, better organised teams in place.

I should add that Downes was excellent in certain aspects of his game tonight.

Sears touch was poor when he came on.

That was almost a worldy from Norwood.

Garbutt has his worse game in ages, but what a free kick.

Huws was going down cul de sacs.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Really poor for 80mins... technical concerns again on 00:30 - Jan 29 with 959 viewsRyorry

Cripes. Makes me glad I was on an evening out.

Sounds significant that you think "Garbutt has his worse game in ages", considering how useful his crosses & assists have been lately.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Really poor for 80mins... technical concerns again on 08:09 - Jan 29 with 822 viewsunstableblue

Really poor for 80mins... technical concerns again on 00:30 - Jan 29 by Ryorry

Cripes. Makes me glad I was on an evening out.

Sounds significant that you think "Garbutt has his worse game in ages", considering how useful his crosses & assists have been lately.

You did well to swerve it Ryorry... Jackson summed it up we weren't at the races.

Garbutt still managed a wunder free kick. I thought Downes had some really good moments - he is a class act. The whole night could have turned via a frankly unbelievable effort from Norwood in the closing minutes, it was a sorcery.

It wasn't the worse performance ever as some are saying...we at least had good possession, we just were technically poor in our shape and short passing, and we just went long, albeit this had a lot to do with a Rotherham press across the pitch. I thought our Boxing Day performance was far more hapless - and of course for worse performances see circa 2018 - Ipswich 0 (bottom) Burton 0.... now that was bad.

Going to need to break this higher club hoodoo in the next two games.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Really poor for 80mins... technical concerns again on 08:14 - Jan 29 with 798 viewsHerbivore

They weren't technical, they were just big lads with big forearms. Roy Keane would have loved them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Really poor for 80mins... technical concerns again on 08:42 - Jan 29 with 723 viewsitfcjoe

They weren't a technical side, they were just heavy pressers and big strong lads

A combined 53% pass success rate between the sides tells the story

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Really poor for 80mins... technical concerns again on 09:51 - Jan 29 with 641 viewsHerbivore

Really poor for 80mins... technical concerns again on 08:42 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

They weren't a technical side, they were just heavy pressers and big strong lads

A combined 53% pass success rate between the sides tells the story

Yep, this is why when the OP keeps banging on about technical football people question whether he's actually just talking guff.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Really poor for 80mins... technical concerns again on 09:53 - Jan 29 with 636 viewschicoazul

A better technical side??? Are you mad???

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024