Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Totally deserved. 21:45 - Jan 28 with 684 viewsSamWhiteUK

Crap from start to finish. No presence in the midfield be it showing for the ball or being strong. Game lost in the first half when the only tactic seemed to be to lump the ball forward to Jackson and Keane who seemed intent on standing in offside positions.

When we did occasionally pass the ball we didn't look bad, but most of that came right at the end of the game; we never looked like getting a hold of it.

Norwood has to start for me next game, as he did more in 15/20 minutes or however long he was on for than Keane did for the rest of the game. Think Keane is a decent player but this setup just didn't seem to suit him tonight.

EDIT: Horrible game to watch from a neutral perspective as well. So many fouls, some of which were for nothing, and some not given that should have been. Totally stop-start, which meant we probably couldn't have got up any rhythm even if we could be bothered.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 21:49]
Totally deserved. on 21:49 - Jan 28 with 650 viewsclive_baker

Harsh on Downes I think. The issue was bypassing the midfield with hopeless long balls from the back towards Keane. Had we had a Murphy type up there then maybe there's more of an argument for it, hold the ball up and get runners in and around him but we didn't, and we were playing a team of giants, so why the fk we thought that would work i'll never know. When we did try and play the quality wasn't there. Shocking from start to finish.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Totally deserved. on 21:52 - Jan 28 with 594 viewsLeoMuff

Totally deserved. on 21:49 - Jan 28 by clive_baker

Harsh on Downes I think. The issue was bypassing the midfield with hopeless long balls from the back towards Keane. Had we had a Murphy type up there then maybe there's more of an argument for it, hold the ball up and get runners in and around him but we didn't, and we were playing a team of giants, so why the fk we thought that would work i'll never know. When we did try and play the quality wasn't there. Shocking from start to finish.

They reminded me of us circa 14/15 big, strong, powerful with a bit of creativity, why we tried to march their style going long I have no idea, from minute 1 it looked a lost cause.

We needed 4 in midfield to play to our strength on the ball, and was crying out for Bishop for Huws for me

Was dire

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Totally deserved. on 21:53 - Jan 28 with 590 viewsSamWhiteUK

Downes was not bad, but didn't really get a chance to show what he could do. The rest of the team didn't help him out by not particularly being there when he dd win it back, and there were times that he won it back well.

I was annoyed with hum for talking himself into a yellow though. This was a physical game that you need to be able to be strong for, and when you're on a yellow card that's not going to be as easy. When the yellow card was a silly one that could have been completely avoided, you only have yourself to blame.
Totally deserved. on 22:03 - Jan 28 with 539 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambo and Woolf especially, and increasingly Wilson as the game went on, were all absolutley shocking on the ball. You can't do anything as a team when most of your 'creative' efforts are restricted to aimless lumps up the pitch. They seem intent on playing champaign balls when we've got 3 midfielders immediately ahead of them who are, arguably, amongst the best in this division. It was pittiful to watch, really, really bad. As bad if not worst than Mick's hoofball.

There is only an argument for our approach if we have a Murphy type. Lambert should realise we don't by now. Just keep it simple and play to our strengths, much as Rotherham did to there's.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024