Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a bad courtesy car... 16:13 - Jan 21 with 9144 viewsSitfcB

...only £139,000 worth!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:11 - Jan 22 with 965 viewsitfcjoe

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:04 - Jan 22 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed, I'd say I'm in the same boat, will only buy designer stuff if I can afford it (although I have brought a couple of fake football tops - I buy shirts from wherever I've visited in the world and despise the thought of paying like £75 for a shirt).

Ha. I did actually buy a pair of real Yeezy's myself a couple of years ago for £180, but I sent them back as I thought it was quite ridiculous when they turned up.

I try and get football shirts but price seems to have gone insane in recent years, and it is so hard to get hold of them - even when in other cities where teams play it is easuer to find Barca, Real, Man U, Liverpool etc than it is to find the local team!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:12 - Jan 22 with 961 viewsKieran_Knows

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:11 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I try and get football shirts but price seems to have gone insane in recent years, and it is so hard to get hold of them - even when in other cities where teams play it is easuer to find Barca, Real, Man U, Liverpool etc than it is to find the local team!

Definitely. Went to Rome in November and was going to get a Roma shirt but that was £75, so came home and found one for £20. I mean, I couldn't tell the difference personally, and I only wear it in the gym or for squash, so quite happy to go down that route.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:15 - Jan 22 with 952 viewsitfcjoe

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:12 - Jan 22 by Kieran_Knows

Definitely. Went to Rome in November and was going to get a Roma shirt but that was £75, so came home and found one for £20. I mean, I couldn't tell the difference personally, and I only wear it in the gym or for squash, so quite happy to go down that route.

How is it material wise? My worry would be wearing a fake would stink after some sport!

I have a genuine Pafos shirt, which is a cheap make like Jako and that hums after exercise!

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:19 - Jan 22 with 940 viewsKieran_Knows

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:15 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

How is it material wise? My worry would be wearing a fake would stink after some sport!

I have a genuine Pafos shirt, which is a cheap make like Jako and that hums after exercise!

So far so good. Wore it to squash last week for the first time and given how much I sweat playing that, I wouldn't have said that I stunk the place out!

Ha! I'm off to Dublin in a few weeks so hoping to pick up a Shelbourne shirt (new season just about to start so I'm hoping I can pick up last years one fairly cheap)!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:24 - Jan 22 with 929 viewsBluefish

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:15 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I don't understand fake stuff. I love a label but if I cant afford the real one I don't buy it or just wait for the sale. My missus has a couple of real Mulberrys but she also has a couple of fakes and it really annoys me, surely having the couple of fakes ruins the real ones. It doesn't seem to bother her though.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:25 - Jan 22 with 931 viewsclive_baker

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:15 - Jan 22 by textbackup

I can not stand the "look at me" world we live in.

what's worse is when people take to social media to thank a company for something they've just paid money for, like they've done them a favour letting them buy something off them.

mates wife constantly tags in companies where she's brought kids clothes from "thanks for the package guys" - you paid for the clothes and the postage you thick cow, they didn't send it for free

It's tragic. I think it's because influencers get so much free stuff that occasionally they'll then post about it, it's a kind of unwritten reciprocal arrangement. It also leads to more free stuff as the businesses sending are hopeful that they'll be the next ones to be mentioned in a post. The consequence of that is you then get the chumps you're referring to who buy something then feel the need to thank the supplier. John with his 120 Twitter followers thanking Nike for his personalised boots that he's just paid £180 for. Tragic.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:28 - Jan 22 with 922 viewsDyland

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:25 - Jan 22 by clive_baker

It's tragic. I think it's because influencers get so much free stuff that occasionally they'll then post about it, it's a kind of unwritten reciprocal arrangement. It also leads to more free stuff as the businesses sending are hopeful that they'll be the next ones to be mentioned in a post. The consequence of that is you then get the chumps you're referring to who buy something then feel the need to thank the supplier. John with his 120 Twitter followers thanking Nike for his personalised boots that he's just paid £180 for. Tragic.

It's reached tipping point innit. Everyone is a (reality) "celebrity", and therefore no one is.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:33 - Jan 22 with 908 viewsfooters

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:28 - Jan 22 by Dyland

It's reached tipping point innit. Everyone is a (reality) "celebrity", and therefore no one is.

Omg! It's Dyland! *swoon*

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:37 - Jan 22 with 900 viewsmonytowbray

Not a bad courtesy car... on 16:41 - Jan 21 by SouperJim

They probably couldn't give a monkeys, he's a local celeb with a significant social media following and no doubt agreed to make the above post in exchange. Barry from Copdock doesn't have the same clout on twitter...

Yeah but does he get the perk of being able to nick the odd tin of paint or use the work van on the weekend? Barry equalises, 1-1.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

chortle (n/t) on 10:41 - Jan 22 with 887 viewsDyland

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:33 - Jan 22 by footers

Omg! It's Dyland! *swoon*

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:41 - Jan 22 with 886 viewsclive_baker

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:37 - Jan 22 by monytowbray

Yeah but does he get the perk of being able to nick the odd tin of paint or use the work van on the weekend? Barry equalises, 1-1.

Perhaps it's that sort of theft and deceit that's meant Ipswich Audi are so reluctant to lend him their R8. Nothing to do with Instagram followers at all. Old Barry from Copdock is nothing more than a crook, and he can't be trusted.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:42 - Jan 22 with 883 viewstextbackup

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:24 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

I don't understand fake stuff. I love a label but if I cant afford the real one I don't buy it or just wait for the sale. My missus has a couple of real Mulberrys but she also has a couple of fakes and it really annoys me, surely having the couple of fakes ruins the real ones. It doesn't seem to bother her though.

i'd be worried about messing up the real ones and i'd take out only the fakes!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:50 - Jan 22 with 871 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not a bad courtesy car... on 08:04 - Jan 22 by SitfcB

He has an Audi

Not a bad courtesy car... by SitfcB 21 Jan 2020 17:02
Went from the Range Rover to an Audi the other month...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4seljvD9VR/?igshid=he50g5lsoe18

Ah my bad, didn’t realise that

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:53 - Jan 22 with 867 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not a bad courtesy car... on 09:22 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I see some kids wearing clothes that I know cost an absolute furtune, like a Balenciaga jumper with an Icon hat which alone has probably cost £700 before you even know what T-Shirt and jeans and trainers they are wearing which must cost a small fortune too.

For all the influencers on Social Media getting stuff chucked at them, there are probably 1000 others spending silly money trying to get noticed - it's sad really and just leads to people thinking they aren't worthy and must mess your head up. I'm glad my kids are young as presume social media will have settled down a bit by the time they start using it.

Was listening to something similar the other day, talking about girls with those weird eyebrows they have now, just saying how they look absolutely rubbish but show up better on social media - so they make themselves look ridiculous to those they actually see like friends and boyfriends to make themselves look good for those they will never meet - priorities gone wrong

I know others have already noted this but I’d wager that 70% of the Icon caps around Ipswich are fake, there seem to be far too many compared to people that would be prepared and have the means to buy them

Same with Canada Goose coats

That said - I suppose the caps are a relatively cheap way to wear something flash. Obviously £100-odd for a cap is ridiculous, but in itself far more affordable than equivalent tops, trainers or even belts

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:57 - Jan 22 with 857 viewsitfcjoe

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:53 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I know others have already noted this but I’d wager that 70% of the Icon caps around Ipswich are fake, there seem to be far too many compared to people that would be prepared and have the means to buy them

Same with Canada Goose coats

That said - I suppose the caps are a relatively cheap way to wear something flash. Obviously £100-odd for a cap is ridiculous, but in itself far more affordable than equivalent tops, trainers or even belts

I'd guess a lot are, but there will be plenty that aren't and it's silly money

Probably better to get the fakes to 'keep up' and not spunk silly money away

Not a bad courtesy car... on 11:06 - Jan 22 with 850 viewsfooters

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:25 - Jan 22 by clive_baker

Reminded me of this article from a while ago... "Influencers have to pay double"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/03/ice-cream-los-angeles-instagram-

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 13:36 - Jan 22 with 804 viewsDyland

Not a bad courtesy car... on 11:06 - Jan 22 by footers

Reminded me of this article from a while ago... "Influencers have to pay double"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/03/ice-cream-los-angeles-instagram-

" I hope it inspires small businesses to hold their own and tell people to fvkc off.”

“This is a money-making thing. I can’t give away my ice-cream for free,”

“As much as I’d love to do that, I don’t think my kid’s school accepts celebrity photos as a form of tuition payment.”

Aye.

Not a bad courtesy car... on 14:12 - Jan 22 with 781 viewsmonytowbray

Not a bad courtesy car... on 10:41 - Jan 22 by clive_baker

Perhaps it's that sort of theft and deceit that's meant Ipswich Audi are so reluctant to lend him their R8. Nothing to do with Instagram followers at all. Old Barry from Copdock is nothing more than a crook, and he can't be trusted.

Nah Barry’s just fighting back against capitalism. Good ol, Baz.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 14:40 - Jan 22 with 758 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not a bad courtesy car... on 13:36 - Jan 22 by Dyland

" I hope it inspires small businesses to hold their own and tell people to fvkc off.”

“This is a money-making thing. I can’t give away my ice-cream for free,”

“As much as I’d love to do that, I don’t think my kid’s school accepts celebrity photos as a form of tuition payment.”

Aye.

I’d love to jump on the bandwagon here, and there is definitely a part of me that wants to pile onto people begging for free stuff, but this clearly can be mutually beneficial with the right influencers

Fair play to that ice cream truck owner though, he’s no doubt got more publicity and income from that stunt than he would have by giving into their request

Not a bad courtesy car... on 14:45 - Jan 22 with 748 viewshype313

Not a bad courtesy car... on 17:02 - Jan 21 by SitfcB

Went from the Range Rover to an Audi the other month...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4seljvD9VR/?igshid=he50g5lsoe18

Audi, I let him pass the other day when the bridge was knackered going through the back roads from Henley to Claydon, could see he was in a hurry!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Not a bad courtesy car... on 15:43 - Jan 22 with 739 viewsDyland

Not a bad courtesy car... on 14:40 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’d love to jump on the bandwagon here, and there is definitely a part of me that wants to pile onto people begging for free stuff, but this clearly can be mutually beneficial with the right influencers

Fair play to that ice cream truck owner though, he’s no doubt got more publicity and income from that stunt than he would have by giving into their request

Sure, certainly has its place... IF the business is a certain size, and if it's an e-commerce enabled business. The idea of any personality, however many followers, or however famous, wanting free sh1t off any small business that relies on people physically being at the point of sale, is risible. The cliche "Oh, it will be great publicity" betrays a total lack of business understanding and how the real world works. These idiots are contemptible chumps.

Not a bad courtesy car... on 15:46 - Jan 22 with 719 viewsjeera

Not a bad courtesy car... on 11:06 - Jan 22 by footers

Yeah I like this guy.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Not a bad courtesy car... on 15:47 - Jan 22 with 718 viewsjeera

Not a bad courtesy car... on 14:40 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think the problem arises when people threaten a bad review if they don't get what they demand.

Not a bad courtesy car... on 15:50 - Jan 22 with 718 viewsDyland

Not a bad courtesy car... on 15:47 - Jan 22 by jeera

I think the problem arises when people threaten a bad review if they don't get what they demand.

Racketeering, essentially. Utterly contemptible, and presumably people these days and/or in near future are hugely sceptical about online reviews of businesses across the board.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 15:57]

Not a bad courtesy car... on 15:56 - Jan 22 with 702 viewsjeera

Not a bad courtesy car... on 15:50 - Jan 22 by Dyland

Racketeering, essentially. Utterly contemptible, and presumably people these days and/or in near future are hugely sceptical about online reviews of businesses across the board.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 15:57]

Self-entitlement is the order of the day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024