Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking 23:27 - Jan 18 with 2928 viewsIllinoisblue

Strong. Oxford too. Coventry a threat. Going to be a very intersting next four months.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 23:36 - Jan 18 with 2856 viewsElderGrizzly

Someone posted we’ve got a run of 7 in 9 at home soon. Could be crucial if we can replicate our last home game.

10 games against the top 12 too

[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 23:37]
Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 23:36 - Jan 18 with 2856 viewsWallingford_Boy

Wycombe will drop away, expect Coventry and Oxford will too, depending how raided their sides get this transfer window. But yes, Sunderland, Rotherham and Pompey to fight for the two auto places I reckon.

Play off final victory for us!

RIP Sir Bobby

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 23:41 - Jan 18 with 2842 viewsGogs

I still see no reason for Town to be worried about anyone in this league. I don't think we're any great shakes, but I don't think any other team is either and we're definitely better than quite a few teams in this league, and more than capable of beating any of them
Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 23:45 - Jan 18 with 2812 viewsclive_baker

I’ve been saying for a while that Rotherham & Coventry are the best 2 sides I’ve seen this season and it’s still the case. As you say Sunderland are finding some form although their recent fixtures have been kind to them, perhaps with the exception of Wycombe, although I don’t think they’ll last the pace, there’s only so much long ball to Akinfenwa you can get away with.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 00:03 - Jan 19 with 2749 viewspointofblue

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 23:36 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Someone posted we’ve got a run of 7 in 9 at home soon. Could be crucial if we can replicate our last home game.

10 games against the top 12 too

[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 23:37]

Our home record is pretty poor though - only Rochdale have won less matches outside of the bottom three. We need to turn this around and quickly, starting next week.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 00:17 - Jan 19 with 2703 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 00:03 - Jan 19 by pointofblue

Our home record is pretty poor though - only Rochdale have won less matches outside of the bottom three. We need to turn this around and quickly, starting next week.

Agreed.

Playing at home this season has so far not been an advantage, need to seriously up our game at home.

4 home league wins all season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 08:21 - Jan 19 with 2373 viewsMaySixth

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 23:41 - Jan 18 by Gogs

I still see no reason for Town to be worried about anyone in this league. I don't think we're any great shakes, but I don't think any other team is either and we're definitely better than quite a few teams in this league, and more than capable of beating any of them

well said

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 08:24 - Jan 19 with 2362 viewsHerbivore

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 23:45 - Jan 18 by clive_baker

I’ve been saying for a while that Rotherham & Coventry are the best 2 sides I’ve seen this season and it’s still the case. As you say Sunderland are finding some form although their recent fixtures have been kind to them, perhaps with the exception of Wycombe, although I don’t think they’ll last the pace, there’s only so much long ball to Akinfenwa you can get away with.

Rotherham dominated us at PR, though a bit like us they seem to do better away from home. Coventry in the cup replay looked a good side. I thought Doncaster passed rings around us at PR and were unlucky to only come away with a point. They'll be up there if they win their games in hand. It's getting tight, I feel like a good run could see us pull away a bit as I expect Wycombe to fall back, but we need to turn this four game decent run into a proper run of form now and carry on accumulating 2 points per game on average.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 08:28 - Jan 19 with 2354 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 00:03 - Jan 19 by pointofblue

Can't deny that our home form has been poor but now we're playing with centre backs pushing forward it's giving us more options in attack and I think we'll score more goals/win more at home in the final few months.
Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 08:41 - Jan 19 with 2302 viewsSouperJim

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 08:28 - Jan 19 by BudapestByBlimp

Can't deny that our home form has been poor but now we're playing with centre backs pushing forward it's giving us more options in attack and I think we'll score more goals/win more at home in the final few months.

I also feel like we've had our poor run now, we've learnt from it and now know that if we break a winning formula or stop giving 100% then we'll fall away again. I don't think we'll let that happen twice and expect us to regularly pick up points now until the end of the season. I think it's just a question of whether two other sides can do better.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

We desperately need to sort out our home form on 08:43 - Jan 19 with 2295 viewsDyland

Canny tactics needed against teams finding that bit extra playing at PR, and whatever people say the home support can make a difference. No fooking grumbling when/if we have to play more agricultural football if a result needs grinding out.

Not sure what's happened to Blue Action in recent months, it's all gone a bit quiet?

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 08:46 - Jan 19 with 2277 viewsHerbivore

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 08:41 - Jan 19 by SouperJim

I also feel like we've had our poor run now, we've learnt from it and now know that if we break a winning formula or stop giving 100% then we'll fall away again. I don't think we'll let that happen twice and expect us to regularly pick up points now until the end of the season. I think it's just a question of whether two other sides can do better.

The one bonus of the top half being so tight is that inevitably teams take points off each other as they're paying each other so frequently. Any side that puts together a run from here has a good shout at pulling away from the pack. We need three points next week to get some momentum going at home and to take us into a tough run of fixtures bang in form.

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 08:56 - Jan 19 with 2237 viewsChurchman

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 23:45 - Jan 18 by clive_baker

Sunderland and Portsmouth must be favourites. In good, consistent form and big clubs (especially Sunderland) making it hard for visitors. Coventry, Rotherham are both obviously strong and Wycombe have a good togetherness.

Interestingly, ITFC have played 4 more away than at home, but the home record speaks for itself and the top half teams will really fancy their chances. It could go either way and a dominant win on Saturday will hopefully set the tone for Improvement. My ever changing estimate is an anywhere from an 8th to 3rd finish.
Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking on 09:18 - Jan 19 with 2184 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, the big guns are all sorting themselves out at long last and it's going to be one hell of a fight from here. Could make a convincing argument for us to finish anywhere from first to seventh. Basically we need to make sure we are at least in a similar position to the current one after a very tricky next four weeks — and then it's all about the home form.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 09:26 - Jan 19 with 2141 viewsbluefunk

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 08:56 - Jan 19 by Churchman

Sunderland and Portsmouth must be favourites. In good, consistent form and big clubs (especially Sunderland) making it hard for visitors. Coventry, Rotherham are both obviously strong and Wycombe have a good togetherness.

Interestingly, ITFC have played 4 more away than at home, but the home record speaks for itself and the top half teams will really fancy their chances. It could go either way and a dominant win on Saturday will hopefully set the tone for Improvement. My ever changing estimate is an anywhere from an 8th to 3rd finish.

Why must Sunderland and Portsmouth be favourites? They have arrived around the top 6 off the back of a good run, like many teams we have seen this season, for example Blackpool, Bristol R (look where they are now) but the trick is consistency, which neither have shown. They may well continue current form, but they are no more likely to do so than Rotherham, Coventry or indeed Town.
Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 09:46 - Jan 19 with 2059 viewsChurchman

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 09:26 - Jan 19 by bluefunk

Why must Sunderland and Portsmouth be favourites? They have arrived around the top 6 off the back of a good run, like many teams we have seen this season, for example Blackpool, Bristol R (look where they are now) but the trick is consistency, which neither have shown. They may well continue current form, but they are no more likely to do so than Rotherham, Coventry or indeed Town.

Because they’re showing consistency now and their home form. The have momentum and being big clubs (for this league in the case of Portsmouth), will intimidate the heck out of most of teams.

Hopefully we will regain some momentum now and go on a bit of a run and beat some of the better teams, especially at home. I don’t think draws against them will be enough
Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 09:51 - Jan 19 with 2040 viewsHerbivore

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 09:46 - Jan 19 by Churchman

Because they’re showing consistency now and their home form. The have momentum and being big clubs (for this league in the case of Portsmouth), will intimidate the heck out of most of teams.

Hopefully we will regain some momentum now and go on a bit of a run and beat some of the better teams, especially at home. I don’t think draws against them will be enough

You are aware that we're also a big club at this level? I think that element means very little to be honest, if anything it fires the opposition up.

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 09:54 - Jan 19 with 2026 viewsbluefunk

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 09:46 - Jan 19 by Churchman

Good points re home form but being a big club hasn’t exactly worked every time for us has it?
Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 10:19 - Jan 19 with 1953 viewsChurchman

Sunderland and Pompey hitting form. Wycombe hanging around. Rotherham looking, on 09:51 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

You are aware that we're also a big club at this level? I think that element means very little to be honest, if anything it fires the opposition up.

I think you are right. But only if you let teams in and and allow them to think ‘hello, we’ve a chance here, up for this’. I think (without any actual evidence so I’ll clutch at a few straws) the opposite effect also happens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024