Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else find this utterly mental? 20:41 - Jan 18 with 4318 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

The last minute of the game against Bolton. Naylor practically on the floor pokes the ball through to Reuser on the half way line who races through to clinch it.

The last minute of the game against Barnsley. Naylor practically on the floor pokes the ball through to Reuser on the half way line who races through to clinch it.

Not even like it’s a common goal like Clapham crossing for Stewart to head in. It’s a bloke played through on half way by a bloke on his arse. Always find those two goals absolutely mental to have happened in back to back games in the last minute to put us two goals ahead.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 20:52 - Jan 18 with 4176 viewsChurchman

Even though the crowd was only about 19,000 (capacity at the time less Bolton’s unfulfilled allocation), I think that moment when Reuser scored was about the loudest I ever heard PR. The place went absolutely mental.
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 20:57 - Jan 18 with 4123 viewspatrickswell

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 20:52 - Jan 18 by Churchman

Even though the crowd was only about 19,000 (capacity at the time less Bolton’s unfulfilled allocation), I think that moment when Reuser scored was about the loudest I ever heard PR. The place went absolutely mental.

The release of three years worth of tension after never getting past the semi-finals before. You knew that providing they didn’t freeze at finally getting to Wembley, we would be OK in the final.
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:03 - Jan 18 with 4067 viewsChurchman

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 20:57 - Jan 18 by patrickswell

The release of three years worth of tension after never getting past the semi-finals before. You knew that providing they didn’t freeze at finally getting to Wembley, we would be OK in the final.

Exactly that
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:04 - Jan 18 with 4054 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:03 - Jan 18 by Churchman

Exactly that

I remember being outside Wembley at the Town end when the Barnsley coach arrived. When their players heard the welcome we gave, you could see in their eyes the day was ours.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:10 - Jan 18 with 4009 viewsWD19

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:04 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

I remember being outside Wembley at the Town end when the Barnsley coach arrived. When their players heard the welcome we gave, you could see in their eyes the day was ours.

Fortunately Richard Wright got the memo too.
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:11 - Jan 18 with 4000 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:10 - Jan 18 by WD19

Fortunately Richard Wright got the memo too.

He was so confident that he gave them a goal start.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:19 - Jan 18 with 3955 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hadn't we beaten them something like 6-0 in the regular season too?

We had been in the play-offs season after season and they had been lucky to sneak into the play-offs. It was always going to be against the odds for them to win. Didn't make it a certainty but gave us a real sense of confidence. Their fans were enjoying the day out regardless.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:23 - Jan 18 with 3929 viewsjeera

Did you see the limo parked up just down the road on the way in?

Few Town fans making the most of the day out to Wembley - credit to them, they seemed to be having a good time and were out of the motor on the verge clapping other fans as they drove by.

I have wondered in the past if any of them post on here.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:13 - Jan 18 with 3758 viewspatrickswell

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 21:19 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Hadn't we beaten them something like 6-0 in the regular season too?

We had been in the play-offs season after season and they had been lucky to sneak into the play-offs. It was always going to be against the odds for them to win. Didn't make it a certainty but gave us a real sense of confidence. Their fans were enjoying the day out regardless.

It was 8-1 in the regular season - 6-1 at Portman Road and 2-0 at Oakwell in Stewart’s debut.

That meant nothing given that we had doubled Sheffield United in 96-97 and beaten Charlton 3 times in 4 meetings in 97-98. Barnsley were a good side, they had been in the Premier League 2 seasons previously and in Craig Hignett they had one of the division’s finest players. But, you just knew that having finally got past the semi-finals, that ITFC side was not going to let it slip after the heartbreaks a good number of them had been through in previous seasons.

I will just say though, I will always be grateful to Barnsley for beating Birmingham. Had Trevor Francis’s side made it through, the game would have been awful and we’d have probably lost 1-0.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 22:15]
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:17 - Jan 18 with 3731 viewsFunge

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:13 - Jan 18 by patrickswell

It was 8-1 in the regular season - 6-1 at Portman Road and 2-0 at Oakwell in Stewart’s debut.

That meant nothing given that we had doubled Sheffield United in 96-97 and beaten Charlton 3 times in 4 meetings in 97-98. Barnsley were a good side, they had been in the Premier League 2 seasons previously and in Craig Hignett they had one of the division’s finest players. But, you just knew that having finally got past the semi-finals, that ITFC side was not going to let it slip after the heartbreaks a good number of them had been through in previous seasons.

I will just say though, I will always be grateful to Barnsley for beating Birmingham. Had Trevor Francis’s side made it through, the game would have been awful and we’d have probably lost 1-0.

Didnt Barnsley batter Brum in the other semi? Won 4-0 or something at St Andrews in the first leg?

Completely agree re: Hignett - very good player.

Nearly 20 years since all that, which is mental.
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:19 - Jan 18 with 3712 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:13 - Jan 18 by patrickswell

6-1 rather than 6-0 then. Coupled with doubling them we had been clearly better. The difference with those other sides is that we had won much closer games and they were expected to be in the play-offs. The expectation was that we should win but not any guarantee.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:22 - Jan 18 with 3694 viewspatrickswell

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:17 - Jan 18 by Funge

Didnt Barnsley batter Brum in the other semi? Won 4-0 or something at St Andrews in the first leg?

Completely agree re: Hignett - very good player.

Nearly 20 years since all that, which is mental.

Yes 4-0 at St Andrews in the first leg. Brum won the 2nd leg 2-1. George Burley was a guest pundit on Sky for that 2nd leg as the match was played 24 hours after we had got past Bolton and even though there was still a match to go, he looked like the epitome of a man who had had a massive weight taken off his shoulders.
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:22 - Jan 18 with 3693 viewsGogs

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 20:52 - Jan 18 by Churchman

more like 22,000 i believe. But you're right about the noise. It went ballistic. I was in the cobbold stand pretty much next to the Bolton fans. Best night ever supporting town for me. Better than the final
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:52 - Jan 18 with 3595 viewsChurchman

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:22 - Jan 18 by Gogs

more like 22,000 i believe. But you're right about the noise. It went ballistic. I was in the cobbold stand pretty much next to the Bolton fans. Best night ever supporting town for me. Better than the final

You are right. 21,543 according to the internet.

It was an astonishing night. Portman Road at its very best. An abiding memory was Clapham’s penalty. I was whispering ‘just hit it down the middle’ over and over. He scuffed it down the middle. A miserable effort, but nobody cared. 4-3, they were down to 10 man and had lost it. We couldn’t lose it from here.......could we?....
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 23:59 - Jan 18 with 3413 viewsGogs

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 22:52 - Jan 18 by Churchman

You are right. 21,543 according to the internet.

It was an astonishing night. Portman Road at its very best. An abiding memory was Clapham’s penalty. I was whispering ‘just hit it down the middle’ over and over. He scuffed it down the middle. A miserable effort, but nobody cared. 4-3, they were down to 10 man and had lost it. We couldn’t lose it from here.......could we?....

It seriously was a game that had everything, on and off the pitch for me and my mates. Besides the drama on the pitch which has been told many times on here (and never gets old or boring for me), first of all when Magilton got the last minute equaliser for 3-3 some bloke got up on the barriers around the stairwell to our section the stand and fell off backwards down the stairwell whilst giving it large to the Bolton fans, seriously he plummeted down, and it must have been a good 20 foot drop. We thought he was dead, but we saw him get up groggily and get helped away by his mates. I still often think i hope he was ok and made the final. Then when Clapham scored the pen to put us 4-3 up, some nobhead behind us told me and my mates to sit down and be quiet as he couldn't see the game. Bear in mind, apart from him, pretty much the entire stadium was up and bouncing by now. He got a swift two word response from me. Honestly could not believe how someone could look and act so bored and miserable on such a night. Then after the final whistle we walked up to the fat cat and John the landlord had a lock in and invited us all upstairs to watch the highlights along with free beer and snacks. Those were the days, indeed.
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 08:21 - Jan 19 with 3168 viewssolemio

Yes, the Bolton semi was a fantastic occasion. We were hugging people we hardly knew.

One great thing about the Wembley final was the attitude of the Barnsley fans after the match. Many of them were calling out to us wishing us good luck for next season.
Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 09:32 - Jan 19 with 3034 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Naylor wasn’t on the floor against Bolton, he was upright and running with the ball. So basically the similarity is that one attacking player assisted a goal for another late on in a playoff match. ‘Utterly mental’

Great times though, TWTD

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 10:13 - Jan 19 with 2930 viewsLankHenners

It's always sad to see a blatant fish for upvotes have such a meager return.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 10:25 - Jan 19 with 2902 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone else find this utterly mental? on 10:13 - Jan 19 by LankHenners

It's always sad to see a blatant fish for upvotes have such a meager return.

Ahaha

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024