Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank 19:44 - Jan 18 with 2145 viewsHipsterectomy

honestly thought it would take them longer than half a season lol

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 19:48 - Jan 18 with 2119 viewspointofblue

He was only appointed because of his history with the club. He hardly had a great record at Derby.

He's trying to build a young team so will need longer than a matter of months at the helm.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:03 - Jan 18 with 2054 viewsElderGrizzly

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 19:48 - Jan 18 by pointofblue

He was only appointed because of his history with the club. He hardly had a great record at Derby.

He's trying to build a young team so will need longer than a matter of months at the helm.

His safety net was the club not being allowed to buy anyone. With that lifted he is infinitely more vulnerable
Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:07 - Jan 18 with 2026 viewsCoastalblue

Chelsea fans have always been among my favourites, never failing to impress with their eloquence and rationed arguments.

They were always my least favourite home game when we played in the same division, always ended up with some twonks in the seats alongside me.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:14 - Jan 18 with 1995 viewspointofblue

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:03 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

His safety net was the club not being allowed to buy anyone. With that lifted he is infinitely more vulnerable

Though he hasn't signed anyone as of yet. Going by his post match comments he's pushing for some arrivals.

I'd argue the board would have expected Manchester United and Arsenal to finish above them this year, possibly even Wolves, considering the youngsters they're blooding. Not so sure about Leicester and I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers return to Stamford Bridge at some point.

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:22 - Jan 18 with 1953 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:14 - Jan 18 by pointofblue

Though he hasn't signed anyone as of yet. Going by his post match comments he's pushing for some arrivals.

I'd argue the board would have expected Manchester United and Arsenal to finish above them this year, possibly even Wolves, considering the youngsters they're blooding. Not so sure about Leicester and I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers return to Stamford Bridge at some point.

It would be difficult to finish behind those 3 and ahead of Leicester and Sheffield United, though.

Surely, a board considers a league position acceptable rather than who they ahead of!

The bigger issue ElderG refers to is can they attract players to come to play under the great manager Frank Lampard who will get them into the Champions League or even just Europa League? I suspect that will take more money than Chelsea can offer.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:27 - Jan 18 with 1922 viewsvapour_trail

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:22 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

It would be difficult to finish behind those 3 and ahead of Leicester and Sheffield United, though.

Surely, a board considers a league position acceptable rather than who they ahead of!

The bigger issue ElderG refers to is can they attract players to come to play under the great manager Frank Lampard who will get them into the Champions League or even just Europa League? I suspect that will take more money than Chelsea can offer.

As opposed to great managers solskjaer and arteta?

Money talks, Chelsea have it, they’re in the CL, in a strong position to be back in it next time round, and in London. They’ll attract players fine.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:29 - Jan 18 with 1904 viewspointofblue

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:22 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

What I'm saying is I think the board at the start of the season would have seen sixth or seventh as fine - behind Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham (forgot about them in my other post), Manchester United, Arsenal and possibly Wolves. Being fourth will be seen as more than acceptable at the moment though they'll be hoping Liverpool don't lose their unbeaten record tomorrow.

Edit: Too many 'accepted/acceptable' in the post!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 20:51]

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:30 - Jan 18 with 1898 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:27 - Jan 18 by vapour_trail

Money talks, Chelsea have it, they’re in the CL, in a strong position to be back in it next time round, and in London. They’ll attract players fine.

I don't think the players they would be after are going to sign for Man Utd or Arsenal instead either. All 3 clubs are in trouble and the managers they have chosen only contributes further to it. Arsenal's decision having seen the failure of the other was only the more baffling. Whatever made them think Arteta would be a different proposition?

Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:32 - Jan 18 with 1891 viewspointofblue

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:30 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think the players they would be after are going to sign for Man Utd or Arsenal instead either. All 3 clubs are in trouble and the managers they have chosen only contributes further to it. Arsenal's decision having seen the failure of the other was only the more baffling. Whatever made them think Arteta would be a different proposition?

I don't think Chelsea are in trouble... yet. The might be if they don't take advantage of their relatively healthy league position though.

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:34 - Jan 18 with 1877 viewsvapour_trail

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:30 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think elder g was saying there’s more pressure now he can bring players in to improve the squad, not that they won’t come. Which whilst elder g is nearly always wrong about everything, is probably correct in this instance. However, the elite section of the PL is seriously weakened at the moment, so Frank might take them into the top 4 anyway.

And, players will come, because it’s highly lucrative.

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:46 - Jan 18 with 1810 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:29 - Jan 18 by pointofblue

What I'm saying is I think the board at the start of the season would have seen sixth or seventh as fine - behind Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham (forgot about them in my other post), Manchester United, Arsenal and possibly Wolves. Being fourth will be seen as more than acceptable at the moment though they'll be hoping Liverpool don't lose their unbeaten record tomorrow.

Edit: Too many 'accepted/acceptable' in the post!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 20:51]

To be honest I hadn't spotted until checking just now that they had built up a cushion in 4th place. He is actually doing very well in that case. If the fans are on his back despite that they will be the same sort of fans who were wanting Lambert out when we were top/second. 4th place would be a very good finish for Chelsea this season.

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:51 - Jan 18 with 1780 viewsElderGrizzly

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:34 - Jan 18 by vapour_trail

I think elder g was saying there’s more pressure now he can bring players in to improve the squad, not that they won’t come. Which whilst elder g is nearly always wrong about everything, is probably correct in this instance. However, the elite section of the PL is seriously weakened at the moment, so Frank might take them into the top 4 anyway.

And, players will come, because it’s highly lucrative.

I’ve been upgraded to “nearly always wrong”. This is an honour :)
Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 21:01 - Jan 18 with 1709 viewsHipsterectomy

It's incredibly harsh tbh, someone who is meant to be a club icon, in their first season managing in the top league, was under a transfer embargo and the club sold their best player in the summer. Now he's half a season in and Chelsea fans are wanting him sacked when they're 4th in the table

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 21:20 - Jan 18 with 1636 viewsvapour_trail

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:51 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

I’ve been upgraded to “nearly always wrong”. This is an honour :)

Even a stopped clock...

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 10:40 - Jan 19 with 1277 viewstractordownsouth

Chelsea fans on twitter have their knives out for Frank on 20:27 - Jan 18 by vapour_trail

Yep, if they all offered the same money, I'd definitely be going to Chelsea, they've got a much better long term future.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024