Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possibly the best performance of the season 19:13 - Jan 18 with 1685 viewsBluefish

But Tranmere were very poor.

Incredible how much of a different side we look now that we have a settled side and shape. I really don't think we would have turned that round a few weeks ago during lambingo.

Flynn Downes is a truly superb player, he is so strong but also very brave in possession. He has an all round game that is so well complemented by Huws. Emyr was immense especially in the 2nd half but the cameo from Bishop was the icing on the cake, absolute different class. I still think he is a CM but he did more in the CAM role than Judge has done all season. Shades of the old Bishop going past players for fun, they couldn't cope with him.

Chambers was excellent today, I think he won absolutely everything and Woolfy showed more examples of being a Rolls Royce defender, he is hampered on the left side and a few times looked slightly uncomfortable on his left peg but he took it all in his stride. Wilson was the dodgy link at the back, at times defending really well but others looking soft and his distribution was terrible.

My views on Edwards are well known but he ran up and down well today, unfortunately he just doesn't have anything else to offer.

I felt sorry for Keane today, some weird morons in the crowd decided to give him abuse in the 1st half but he worked hard and is a class above with the ball on the floor. I would rather see him staying more central but he is very unselfish and works all over. Jackson was a frustrated figure 1st half but caused them no end of problems 2nd half.

As I said at half time, Norris kicks worse than Gerks no idea why we get him to take all of the set pieces.

The subs all made sense today and all contributed, the ball from Skuse when everyone assumed he would just clear it started things off and the ball from Nors was perfect.

A good day out and the crowd were quality, another example why a half full away end when you sit where you like is better than a full one

PR Paul make sure you stick to the shape that suits us with minor tweaks. We have far too much for the rest of this league but we need to build momentum and be a team.

Edit: in hindsight it was maybe the most consistent performance of the season opposed to the best. The pitch made it hard to play too much. Actually it probably still was the best performance
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 19:17]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Possibly the best performance of the season on 19:17 - Jan 18 with 1629 viewsMrTown

Lambert Out

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Possibly the best performance of the season on 19:33 - Jan 18 with 1563 viewsCoastalblue

If Bishop can stay fit he can be an incredible player at this level. After the start he had with us if he hadn't had the run of injuries he's had then I truly believe he could be a Prem regular somewhere.

I truly hope we get to see a season or two of him playing regularly, and that his dog stays healthy.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Possibly the best performance of the season on 19:42 - Jan 18 with 1510 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"But!"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Possibly the best performance of the season on 19:52 - Jan 18 with 1454 viewsCoco

Thing is, we now seem to be highlighting how poor these sides really are rather than allowing them to get a foothold. We showed up Accrington to be the pub side they really are despite them being the form team. I do feel we still gave Wycombe far too much respect and worry when we play the bigger names in the division but it does seem we are getting a bit of out mojo back. WE ARE THE FAMOUS IPSWICH TOWN!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Possibly the best performance of the season on 20:13 - Jan 18 with 1349 viewsClapham_Junction

Possibly the best performance of the season on 19:33 - Jan 18 by Coastalblue

If Bishop can stay fit he can be an incredible player at this level. After the start he had with us if he hadn't had the run of injuries he's had then I truly believe he could be a Prem regular somewhere.

I truly hope we get to see a season or two of him playing regularly, and that his dog stays healthy.

He was absolutely superb, and the Tranmere players just couldn't get near him. Great to see, and hopefully he'll get a starting place soon.
Possibly the best performance of the season on 20:21 - Jan 18 with 1305 viewsEnigma_Blue

Possibly the best performance of the season on 19:33 - Jan 18 by Coastalblue

He has brilliant close control, but for me he just doesn't score enough or get as many assists as he should. I know injuries have set his career back but I think he will most effective as an impact sub against tiring legs like today.
Possibly the best performance of the season on 20:25 - Jan 18 with 1275 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Possibly the best performance of the season on 19:42 - Jan 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

"But!"

That was pretty much the same phrase after we beat Accrington too. I wouldn't be surprised if it was several other times this season too.

You can only beat what you are up against - there are plenty of times over many years that we have failed to do so. Peterborough, Portsmouth and Sunderland would love to be in our position.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Possibly the best performance of the season on 00:51 - Jan 19 with 903 viewsGarv

Possibly the best performance of the season on 20:21 - Jan 18 by Enigma_Blue

He has brilliant close control, but for me he just doesn't score enough or get as many assists as he should. I know injuries have set his career back but I think he will most effective as an impact sub against tiring legs like today.

Agreed. For all his dribbles and free kicks won he needs to provide more end product.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024