Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Bish? 17:45 - Jan 18 with 2304 viewsshefki86

Surely a cameo like that and the shift he put in against Exeter its time to start him in the league. Appreciate he's had a nightmare couple of years but some tough games coming up that he really could make the difference in. You cant wrap him in cotton wool forever and surely he is fit enough now. Feel he could do as Huws has done to Skuse and take Judge's place in the starting 11 week in week out.

Poll: How do we all see it after today?

Time for Bish? on 17:49 - Jan 18 with 2263 viewspointofblue

No point changing a winning team unncessarily at this stage; Bishop is earning an opportunity if Judge picks up a knock or if his form really drops off.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Time for Bish? on 17:51 - Jan 18 with 2258 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Time for Bish? on 17:49 - Jan 18 by pointofblue

No point changing a winning team unncessarily at this stage; Bishop is earning an opportunity if Judge picks up a knock or if his form really drops off.

He was literally making their players sit down. That’s what subs are for.. make an impact.

He was brilliant

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Time for Bish? on 17:56 - Jan 18 with 2207 viewsstrikalite

Time for Bish? on 17:51 - Jan 18 by TRUE_BLUE123

He was literally making their players sit down. That’s what subs are for.. make an impact.

He was brilliant

Agree, that last 20 minute period is becoming huge in football now, often your best 11 doesn't start...
Time for Bish? on 17:59 - Jan 18 with 2172 viewsWestcountryblue

He was a leading light in a Championship play off team. For me, he has to start when fit.
Time for Bish? on 18:05 - Jan 18 with 2123 viewsuefacup81

Time for Bish? on 17:59 - Jan 18 by Westcountryblue

He was a leading light in a Championship play off team. For me, he has to start when fit.

I think those two final words are key: when fit.

Look at Emyr Huws - he's been 'fit' for a good few months now, but it's only been since Christmas that he's been playing 90mins on a regular basis.

If you compare how Lambert has managed players returning from injury with how previous managers have fared, it's pretty clear that his slow-and-steady approach results in a much better outcome.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Time for Bish? on 18:11 - Jan 18 with 2092 viewsGipeswic

Time for Bish? on 17:56 - Jan 18 by strikalite

Agree, that last 20 minute period is becoming huge in football now, often your best 11 doesn't start...

Don't they now call subs "finishers" in rugby?
Time for Bish? on 19:01 - Jan 18 with 1923 viewsitfc48

Thought Bish was different gravy when he came on today - An absolute joy to watch. Just hope he stays fit.
Time for Bish? on 19:18 - Jan 18 with 1845 viewsgordon

Time for Bish? on 18:05 - Jan 18 by uefacup81

Look at Emyr Huws - he's been 'fit' for a good few months now, but it's only been since Christmas that he's been playing 90mins on a regular basis.

If you compare how Lambert has managed players returning from injury with how previous managers have fared, it's pretty clear that his slow-and-steady approach results in a much better outcome.

I think one of Bishop's injuries (torn tendon) which happened against QPR on a Boxing Day a few years ago under Mick happened when he went straight into the starting eleven having not made any first-team sub appearances prior to recovering from his previous injury (might have got that wrong though).
Login to get fewer ads

Time for Bish? on 21:26 - Jan 18 with 1663 viewsCoastalblue

Time for Bish? on 18:11 - Jan 18 by Gipeswic

Don't they now call subs "finishers" in rugby?

Yeah often they do and rugby is very much a squad game now, the bench seen as an important part of the line up.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Time for Bish? on 21:45 - Jan 18 with 1611 views3_5_2

Time for Bish? on 21:26 - Jan 18 by Coastalblue

Yeah often they do and rugby is very much a squad game now, the bench seen as an important part of the line up.

true and when I saw the team and then the bench, I did think wow, we have some depth and ability there too

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Time for Bish? on 11:08 - Jan 19 with 1337 viewspatrickswell

Time for Bish? on 19:18 - Jan 18 by gordon

I think one of Bishop's injuries (torn tendon) which happened against QPR on a Boxing Day a few years ago under Mick happened when he went straight into the starting eleven having not made any first-team sub appearances prior to recovering from his previous injury (might have got that wrong though).

He had made some sub appearances prior to that match (Villa away for example). The Boxing Day game was his first start though.
Agree about Lambert bringing these players back more successfully than previous on 11:11 - Jan 19 with 1332 viewsDyland

Time for Bish? on 18:05 - Jan 18 by uefacup81

Fair play. Probably a bit of luck involved but every manager needs a bit of that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Time for Bish? on 21:33 - Jan 19 with 1139 viewsBrixtonBlue

He was certainly fantastic when he came on. Had the arrogance of a player who knew he was better than everyone in the opposition team... and they knew it too.

He was on the end of a couple of robust tackles - because it's the only way they could stop him - so good to see him come through them unscathed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024