Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? 08:25 - Jan 17 with 6244 viewsChurchman75

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 08:50 - Jan 17 with 3877 viewsMoisha

TBF they were all good in their own right, but as a partnership Bent and Kuqi were brilliant in the 2004 season when we should have won the league.

And why no David Johnson!!
Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:06 - Jan 17 with 3826 viewsBluefish

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 08:50 - Jan 17 by Moisha

TBF they were all good in their own right, but as a partnership Bent and Kuqi were brilliant in the 2004 season when we should have won the league.

And why no David Johnson!!

Could have been McGoldrick but the injuries tainted his opportunity here. On his day he was the most talented player on the list.

Murphy had an enormous impact and versatility to him.

There can only be one winner though, how could anyone pick the others over Marcus Stewart. He was absolutely brilliant, not only did he scores goals but he did it in absolute style.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:09 - Jan 17 with 3829 viewsSouperJim

My initial impulse was Marcus Stewart as he was an absolute goal machine of a finisher, but given our squad and the kind of football in this division, I then voted Alan Lee. A quality battering ram like him would be perfect at this level, against sides who look to frustrate, able to influence the referees who often don't have full control, marauding around on these potato field pitches etc.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:11 - Jan 17 with 3821 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How is David Johnson not on that list? His arrival really kickstand the Burley era.

Loved Bent, Kuqi and Kiwomya, but it has to go to Stewie to me!!...

...Premier League's second highest scorer and the highest English scorer in THAT season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:15 - Jan 17 with 3803 viewsColin_Viljoen

No Mariner??
Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:24 - Jan 17 with 3771 viewsfactual_blue

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:15 - Jan 17 by Colin_Viljoen

No Mariner??

No Ray Crawford?

No Ted Phillips?

Complete lack of historical perspective.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:25 - Jan 17 with 3767 viewsmonty_radio

Ray Crawford

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:28 - Jan 17 with 3751 viewsusm

Paul Mariner

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Login to get fewer ads

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:29 - Jan 17 with 3736 viewsBluefish

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:15 - Jan 17 by Colin_Viljoen

No Mariner??

People old enough to remember Mariner are too old to spend their time on here

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:38 - Jan 17 with 3722 viewsGarv

He obviously wasn’t the best of the lot but I’d love to have seen Wickham stick it out in the Championship for a bit longer. He scored 9 goals in half a season before he left and it felt like he was only just getting started. I remember his debut against Doncaster and he looked bigger than anyone else on the pitch. PL move came too early for him, though. Shame.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:43 - Jan 17 with 3708 viewsSouperJim

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:24 - Jan 17 by factual_blue

No Ray Crawford?

No Ted Phillips?

Complete lack of historical perspective.

Whatno Tom Garneys?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 10:26 - Jan 17 with 3612 viewsBloomBlue

Why have you only included average strikers, ie Darren 'I need 5 chances to score 1 goal' Bent and excluded the best strikers ever to put on a Town shirt; Crawford and Phillips?
Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 10:32 - Jan 17 with 3601 viewsr2d2

Where is Brazil, Mariner, Crawford, Phillips. Even the likes of Marshall, Wilson and Mathie were decent. What about Whymark? Now, he would hold the ball up, and awesome in the air. Just what we need.
Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 10:54 - Jan 17 with 3576 viewsblueislander

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:11 - Jan 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

How is David Johnson not on that list? His arrival really kickstand the Burley era.

...Premier League's second highest scorer and the highest English scorer in THAT season.

The David Johnson to whom you refer was not fit to lace the boots of our original David Johnson.
Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 11:05 - Jan 17 with 3555 viewsGuthrum

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:28 - Jan 17 by usm

Paul Mariner

Trevor Whymark? Or, ideally, both of them together.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 11:15 - Jan 17 with 3532 viewsvapour_trail

Alan Brazil.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 11:53 - Jan 17 with 3495 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Obviously goes with the theory that football was invented in 1992 by the Premier League! Of those Marcus Stewart but top for me Alan Brazil, had it all in his day...
Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 12:06 - Jan 17 with 3473 viewsGirthyguy

Batistuta
Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 13:32 - Jan 17 with 3403 viewsChurchman75

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 10:26 - Jan 17 by BloomBlue

Why have you only included average strikers, ie Darren 'I need 5 chances to score 1 goal' Bent and excluded the best strikers ever to put on a Town shirt; Crawford and Phillips?

im not quite old enough to remember them, sorry

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 13:36 - Jan 17 with 3388 viewsGlasgowBlue

Where is the Paul Mariner option?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 13:42 - Jan 17 with 3382 viewssotd78

Paul Mariner. Started his career at this level - he'd be able to play the lone striker or as a pair. There's no other comes near.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 13:52 - Jan 17 with 3367 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 09:11 - Jan 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'd pick David Johnson II. He was fantastic and it was a real shame he never got a decent crack at the Premier League with Town.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 13:53 - Jan 17 with 3363 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 13:36 - Jan 17 by GlasgowBlue

Where is the Paul Mariner option?

Town's greatest ever striker post 60s.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 14:51 - Jan 17 with 3324 viewsNthQldITFC

Ole, ole, ole, ole...

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 15:59 - Jan 17 with 3270 viewstractordownsouth

Choose one striker to bring back (at the level they were), who's your choice? on 10:26 - Jan 17 by BloomBlue

In what world was Darren Bent average for Town?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024