Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another quick striker 14:50 - Jan 15 with 2172 viewsHullblue

When Jackson is unavailable we currently look very one-paced - it’s hard to see Norwood and Keane as an effective partnership, especially in a 352 with no wingers to help stretch teams.

On paper, Freddie should be an outstanding replacement for Jackson at this level, but will he be the same after his injury?

If not, I’d love us to sign a quick striker to provide competition for KJ. Trouble is, a pacy striker of the required quality would probably cost too much.

Could Dobra play that role? I understand he’s usually more of an attacking midfielder or winger. I’d give it a go if necessary, just for the sake of balance up top.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Another quick striker on 15:06 - Jan 15 with 2125 viewsr2d2

Freddie will need the rest of this season and the summer to get back to where he was. I had the same injury 10 years ago, and believe me, it takes a lot of time to get up to speed.
Another quick striker on 15:18 - Jan 15 with 2090 viewsHullblue

Another quick striker on 15:06 - Jan 15 by r2d2

Freddie will need the rest of this season and the summer to get back to where he was. I had the same injury 10 years ago, and believe me, it takes a lot of time to get up to speed.

Yeah that’s my fear. On one hand he has access to pro-level support which you (presumably) didn’t, but on the other he’s 30 now and I wonder whether he’ll have to modify his game slightly.

Definitely think he’s still got a role to play for us if this is the case, but probably not as an alternative to KJ.

Another quick striker on 16:43 - Jan 15 with 1976 viewsdirtyboy

I know he was fresh when he came on, but Sears looked very quick, just didn't get an out and out opportunity to run onto something like Norwood did.

He'll be ample replacement.
Another quick striker on 16:46 - Jan 15 with 1961 viewshoppy

Another quick striker on 15:06 - Jan 15 by r2d2

Indeed. If it's taken you 10 years, I'm not sure you're an alternative option now, at a guess.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Another quick striker on 16:46 - Jan 15 with 1957 viewsHerbivore

Sears will do fine. We also have Ben Morris who will be looking to push on and threaten the first team picture over the coming months.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another quick striker on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 1931 viewsr2d2

Another quick striker on 16:46 - Jan 15 by hoppy

Indeed. If it's taken you 10 years, I'm not sure you're an alternative option now, at a guess.

Haha. Definitely not. Seriously though, its a long one, although as someone on here said, l didnt get the rehab he probably has.
Another quick striker on 02:15 - Jan 16 with 1673 viewsharlingblue

We have another quick striker, Morris, but just like Freddy is coming back from a lengthy injury, while Folami, a more cultured player is also coming back from injury.
I feel that with Woolfenden at the back, Downes, Huws in midfield, our central core is just missing a 'Murphy type' centre forward, that can head a ball, hold up play, and also score?
Another quick striker on 09:53 - Jan 16 with 1492 viewsGerkensBeard

The one thing a cruciate takes away from you is your pace. See Michael Owen
Login to get fewer ads

Another quick striker on 15:56 - Jan 16 with 1345 viewsArnieM

OP: Sears is your answer

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Another quick striker on 18:52 - Jan 16 with 1273 viewsHullblue

Another quick striker on 15:56 - Jan 16 by ArnieM

OP: Sears is your answer

I hope so - encouraged by what someone else said in this thread about him looking sharp on Tuesday. Probably a sad indictment of my life that this news has raised my mood.

Another quick striker on 19:38 - Jan 16 with 1222 viewsDarth_Koont

We've got Sears coming back to fitness (thought he looked a bit sharper against Oxford) and really we should be making use of players like Folami and eventually Morris. Plus if we need someone to tear around in a wide attacking role there's Edwards.

And as you say there are also players like Dobra and El Mizouni who can give us options in these advanced areas.

So I think another striker wouldn't be the answer. We've already got too many players, it's more about how we've used (or not used them).

Pronouns: He/Him

Another quick striker on 20:50 - Jan 16 with 1146 viewsTerra_Farma

Another quick striker on 16:46 - Jan 15 by hoppy

Especially with those little legs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024