Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Norris 13:02 - Jan 15 with 2688 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Had a good game. Seems to have learned about getting off his line now as he was really good last night at claiming it when it was zipping around the grass, hopefully that is here to stay. Think Keepers are much of a muchness, I just edge towards Norris I think. Good kicking as well from him last night.

He also kissed the badge at the end of the game was funny.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 13:14]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Will Norris on 13:08 - Jan 15 with 2659 viewsHerbivore

Think Holy has definitely been the better keeper over the season and the stats on goals against and points per game tend to back that up. Norris cost us points at Wycombe and arguably Lincoln as well and was lucky not to cost us a point against Gillingham when he passed the ball straight to their striker. That said he had a good, solid game last night and for the sake of continuity I understand him keeping his place. It's very harsh on Holy though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will Norris on 13:08 - Jan 15 with 2665 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

This is some the most subtle trolling I've seen for a while.

Well played on the 'times runs off his line really well'.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Will Norris on 13:10 - Jan 15 with 2655 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Will Norris on 13:08 - Jan 15 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He definitely did last night.

Ball was zipping around the surface and he was off his line every time, got to the ball every time. Had a blip and they were poor mistakes, but last two games, he has been fine and the fact that coming off his line was seemingly his weakness, hopefully the last two games show that he has cut that out.

Should of clarified
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 13:14]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Will Norris on 13:14 - Jan 15 with 2632 viewsclive_baker

He was very tidy again. Sharp off his line to good effect and his handling was spot on in very tough conditions. Made one really good save to his right, it was at a nice height but needed to be saved and pushed to safety. His distribution is the biggest thing between him and Holy for me. His opposite number showed how difficult the conditions were for kicking last night as countless of theirs went straight out into touch but Norris seemed to adjust for that really well. The defence seem to have a lot of confidence in him which is telling. We're lucky to have 2 able keepers, but I still think Norris is the better of the 2.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Will Norris on 13:20 - Jan 15 with 2594 viewsLankHenners

I think Holy can count himself unlucky that he happened to not be in goal when Lambert stopped the rotation. He didn't deserve to be dropped in the first place and has looked better and more assured than Norris has and given that one's our player and one isn't it should be a no brainer as to who plays but there you go.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Will Norris on 13:23 - Jan 15 with 2581 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Will Norris on 13:20 - Jan 15 by LankHenners

I think Holy can count himself unlucky that he happened to not be in goal when Lambert stopped the rotation. He didn't deserve to be dropped in the first place and has looked better and more assured than Norris has and given that one's our player and one isn't it should be a no brainer as to who plays but there you go.

Agree that he was probably a bit unfair to be dropped, but he wasn't perfect, poor game vs Rotherham and his kicking was pretty dire.

Disagree with the stuff about playing our own players. If the loans are here and they are better than the alternative, which I think Norris is but again it is very close. Play them, that is what loans are for.

Will Norris on 13:26 - Jan 15 with 2557 viewsMaySixth

He was very good last night. Didn't make a mistake.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Will Norris on 13:27 - Jan 15 with 2558 viewsLankHenners

Will Norris on 13:23 - Jan 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Agree that he was probably a bit unfair to be dropped, but he wasn't perfect, poor game vs Rotherham and his kicking was pretty dire.

Disagree with the stuff about playing our own players. If the loans are here and they are better than the alternative, which I think Norris is but again it is very close. Play them, that is what loans are for.

Then that's not consistent with sticking with Norris despite his errors that cost goals against Wycombe and Lincoln in addition to his best efforts to gift Gillingham a goal.

I'm fine with letting players play through a sticky patch so they don't lose all confidence but he's not better than Holy, and the distribution between the two of them are marginal: Holy seems a bit more switched on and can kick it further but probably makes slightly more errors.

Login to get fewer ads

Will Norris on 13:39 - Jan 15 with 2529 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Will Norris on 13:27 - Jan 15 by LankHenners

Then that's not consistent with sticking with Norris despite his errors that cost goals against Wycombe and Lincoln in addition to his best efforts to gift Gillingham a goal.

I'm fine with letting players play through a sticky patch so they don't lose all confidence but he's not better than Holy, and the distribution between the two of them are marginal: Holy seems a bit more switched on and can kick it further but probably makes slightly more errors.

Sorry if I misread, are you saying Holy makes more errors, if so then is he the better keeper?

Will Norris on 13:40 - Jan 15 with 2523 viewsLankHenners

Will Norris on 13:39 - Jan 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Sorry if I misread, are you saying Holy makes more errors, if so then is he the better keeper?

I was talking specifically about his kicking.

Will Norris on 13:43 - Jan 15 with 2507 viewsHerbivore

Will Norris on 13:40 - Jan 15 by LankHenners

I was talking specifically about his kicking.

Holy has a good throw on him as well and at times earlier in the season he got us on the front foot quickly wit his distribution. I'm not sure Norris' distribution is any better, it's been very hit and miss as has Holy's at times. I can't see how, based on what we've seen this season, people think Norris is the better keeper but there we are.

Will Norris on 13:52 - Jan 15 with 2480 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Will Norris on 13:43 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Holy has a good throw on him as well and at times earlier in the season he got us on the front foot quickly wit his distribution. I'm not sure Norris' distribution is any better, it's been very hit and miss as has Holy's at times. I can't see how, based on what we've seen this season, people think Norris is the better keeper but there we are.

I just feel more comfortable with Norris in goal, can't really pinpoint a specific reason why, I just do.

Football is a beautiful game of opinions

Will Norris on 13:54 - Jan 15 with 2472 viewsJakeITFC

Will Norris on 13:43 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Norris is absolutely fine though, I don’t see the clamour for Holy to be back in goal because he isn’t any better.

Some absolute moron near me at the game last night was laying into Norris for even the good stuff he was doing, so weird.
Will Norris on 13:57 - Jan 15 with 2460 viewsHerbivore

Will Norris on 13:52 - Jan 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

I just feel more comfortable with Norris in goal, can't really pinpoint a specific reason why, I just do.

Football is a beautiful game of opinions

I definitely don't feel more comfortable with Norris in goal as Norris has made mistakes that have directly cost us goals and our defensive record has been significantly worse with him in between the sticks. Holy hasn't really made many, if any, significant mistakes and won us a point against Wycombe with a cracking penalty save (inexplicably he's only made one league appearance since that game).

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I know there's a couple of others who prefer Norris too, but I just don't see it.

Will Norris on 13:57 - Jan 15 with 2463 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Will Norris on 13:54 - Jan 15 by JakeITFC

Norris is absolutely fine though, I don’t see the clamour for Holy to be back in goal because he isn’t any better.

Some absolute moron near me at the game last night was laying into Norris for even the good stuff he was doing, so weird.

I reckon I was standing near you. Big ginger guy wit the fanzone lot?

Will Norris on 13:59 - Jan 15 with 2454 viewsHerbivore

Will Norris on 13:54 - Jan 15 by JakeITFC

Is Norris fine though? He was last night but has cost us two goals in the last four matches. Holy has been the better keeper this season for me, and the stats clearly back that up too. I'm not clamouring for Holy to come back, we need some continuity, but I do think it's a rather odd decision to be sticking with Norris over Holy based on their performances this season. Let's hope we see more of the Norris last night and not the one from the Gillingham, Lincoln and Wycombe games.

Will Norris on 14:51 - Jan 15 with 2383 viewsIpswichKnight

Norris is a better footballer than the giant Czech, I thought it was interesting to see in the first half last night that he positioned himself as a sweeper and anything over the top he dealt with, while the Oxford keeper staid routed to his goal area and nearly got caught out by one over the top that Norwwod got onto ( incidently if that had been Jackson I think we may have scored or the keeper would have fouled him and been sent off )
Will Norris on 19:45 - Jan 15 with 2110 viewsGuthrum

Will Norris on 13:08 - Jan 15 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The one last night where he dashed out to claim the ball before an onrushing attacker got to it was very well judged, not allowing any chance of claiming a foul.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Will Norris on 09:23 - Jan 16 with 1890 viewsWeWereZombies

Will Norris on 13:57 - Jan 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

I reckon I was standing near you. Big ginger guy wit the fanzone lot?

That's no way to talk about Ed Sheeran..

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024