Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford the worst location to get in/out 01:59 - Jan 15 with 1576 viewsMach_foreignBlue

We thought the places like Reading or MK Dons were difficult ones to get in/out. They are nothing in compare to Oxford. Two or three narrow streets in the Kassam Stadium's proximity and big car parks nearby the stadium. Hundreds of cars and I thought: 'it is gonna be a huge mayhem after the game'.
I'd travelled down with the other northern Blue, we both have to be at work tomorrow morning back at North West and we had to make a decision about leaving the match a few minutes before the game. Never ever have I left an Ipswich game before the end even during the awfulness of Jewell or Hurst eras but this had to be done today. We left after 82 minutes. 
Yes new ground for me last night but will be remembered for the negative reasons.

Brief summary of the game. A point is a decent result given all circumstances.
Positives:
- despite not creating many chances we looked like a team. It certainly didn't look like a team of strangers
- clean sheet against the team who have been so excellent at home this season
- Judge, three attempts from him in the first half. Quite commanding throughout the game and probably best I've seen from him for a while
- Woolfenden, best of our three central backs
- second half in which we played against the wind therefore I expected us to be under the cosh. But Oxford didn't take this opportunity and it was 50/50 between the teams

Negatives:
- referee. Sunderland fans had been saying that the standard of refereeing in this pub league is appalling and they were dead right. Stonewall penalty on Norwood, wrestlemania in their box but no reaction from the ref
- weather and conditions in general
- not creating many chances
- we missed Jacksons pace upfront as Norwood apart from that penalty incident didn't cause them problems
- Garbutt, nothing really positive from him and very wasteful

Step by step we seem to be gradually improving as a team in compare to some matches from the last 2 months. We would have easily lost it last month. 
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 2:03]
Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 07:34 - Jan 15 with 1392 viewsSteve_M

I thought you had to be at work at 6:30 Mach, what were you doing posting updates when you got in??

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 07:40 - Jan 15 with 1367 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 07:34 - Jan 15 by Steve_M

I thought you had to be at work at 6:30 Mach, what were you doing posting updates when you got in??

Yes started work 6.30. Guess what my condition is ha ha.

Was doing a summary on the way back and typing on my phone.

Good to see you as ever.
Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 07:40 - Jan 15 with 1361 viewsWallingford_Boy

Not too bad getting in/out last night, better than usual.

You didn't go to Wycombe then? One road in and out.

RIP Sir Bobby

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 07:49 - Jan 15 with 1333 viewsSteve_M

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 07:40 - Jan 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes started work 6.30. Guess what my condition is ha ha.

Was doing a summary on the way back and typing on my phone.

Good to see you as ever.

I can imagine. Getting a cab past my office at 00:30 was nice, back in for 7.

And you. Might see you Saturday if it goes ahead.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 07:51 - Jan 15 with 1325 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 07:40 - Jan 15 by Wallingford_Boy

I did Wycombe.

Oxford is by far the worst one. My condolences to those who were stuck in the traffic after the game.
Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 08:06 - Jan 15 with 1280 viewsITFC_Forever

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 07:40 - Jan 15 by Wallingford_Boy

Wycombe was fine.... especially if you had the sense to park before the road that leads to the stadium.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 1166 viewsGuthrum

Had a quick look around at HT but unfortunately didn't see you (we also had to grab some food, after arriving about 10 minutes into the game due to the weather, traffic jam and finding a parking space). Getting out of the car park again was pretty slow, too, so you definitely made the right decision to leave early.

Ourselves and Shrewsbury are the only two teams who have kept a clean sheet visiting the Kassam out of the 12 home matches this season. The average from the other ten is 2.1 Oxford goals per game, including four 3 - 0 and one 3 - 3 scorelines.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 10:05 - Jan 15 with 1109 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 09:19 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

Had a quick look around at HT but unfortunately didn't see you (we also had to grab some food, after arriving about 10 minutes into the game due to the weather, traffic jam and finding a parking space). Getting out of the car park again was pretty slow, too, so you definitely made the right decision to leave early.

Ourselves and Shrewsbury are the only two teams who have kept a clean sheet visiting the Kassam out of the 12 home matches this season. The average from the other ten is 2.1 Oxford goals per game, including four 3 - 0 and one 3 - 3 scorelines.

Will you be doing Tranmere/Rotherham/Sunderland?
Login to get fewer ads

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 10:10 - Jan 15 with 1093 viewsGuthrum

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 10:05 - Jan 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Will you be doing Tranmere/Rotherham/Sunderland?

Can't make those, unfortunately. My next definite is Bristol Rovers in March.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 10:25 - Jan 15 with 1047 viewsChateauWines

Totally agree. Left on 86 mins thinking same thing. Worst car park chaos since last day of season at Derby year finished 5th. Now that was carnage. Cars parked in all different direction, rumour has it some are still there 18 years on

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 10:32 - Jan 15 with 1021 viewsMaySixth

Referee was very good
Norwood fell over

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 10:46 - Jan 15 with 1009 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Oxford the worst location to get in/out on 10:32 - Jan 15 by MaySixth

Referee was very good
Norwood fell over

And Spurs were gonna sign Dozzell for 5m as you once said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024