Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Earl signed.... 11:16 - Jan 13 with 2883 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:20 - Jan 13 with 2219 viewsITFC_Forever

Two things wrong with that..... we are now signing loans from PNE, and loanees shouldn't be wearing 1-11.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:23 - Jan 13 with 2175 viewsMrTown

Don't know much about the player, other than he can play centre back or left back and is left footed player.

If anyone knows much about him, would be appreicated if shared.

Although I do trust PL judgement in transfer market, has been very good in my opinion.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:24 - Jan 13 with 2154 viewsMrTown

I would also say, unless somebody leaves, that is business done now.

Hell of squad for League 1.

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:24 - Jan 13 with 2154 viewskizaitfc

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:20 - Jan 13 by ITFC_Forever

Two things wrong with that..... we are now signing loans from PNE, and loanees shouldn't be wearing 1-11.

If its a loan with a potential view to buying if we get promoted im fine with that.

I am slightly concerned why Bolton did not feel he was good enough to extend his loan.

But I will not judge him until I see him play in a Town shirt, a left sided CB is definitely what we need at the moment. Although Wolf looked good Saturday he did look awkward playing balls with his right foot

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:26 - Jan 13 with 2131 viewsMrTown

What is wrong with signing a loan from a top 10 Championship club?

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:26 - Jan 13 with 2128 viewskizaitfc

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:24 - Jan 13 by MrTown

I would also say, unless somebody leaves, that is business done now.

Hell of squad for League 1.

I'd love to see someone like Nolan shipped out and Szmodics brought in, think a little more quality in the CM areas for when Huws or Judge need a rest will be essential.

And with the risk of Bishop not being fit for a full season, I feel we need more quality in there

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:27 - Jan 13 with 2115 viewsfooters

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:23 - Jan 13 by MrTown

Don't know much about the player, other than he can play centre back or left back and is left footed player.

If anyone knows much about him, would be appreicated if shared.

Although I do trust PL judgement in transfer market, has been very good in my opinion.

His Name is Earl.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:44 - Jan 13 with 2024 viewshomer_123

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:26 - Jan 13 by kizaitfc

I'd love to see someone like Nolan shipped out and Szmodics brought in, think a little more quality in the CM areas for when Huws or Judge need a rest will be essential.

And with the risk of Bishop not being fit for a full season, I feel we need more quality in there

More in the CM position?

More?

Really?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:48 - Jan 13 with 1985 viewsITFC_Forever

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:26 - Jan 13 by MrTown

What is wrong with signing a loan from a top 10 Championship club?

The fact they don't want him and even Bolton sent him back?

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:52 - Jan 13 with 1958 viewskizaitfc

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:44 - Jan 13 by homer_123

More in the CM position?

More?

Really?

I think we have quantity over quality in the midfield areas, think it needs to be addressed at the end of the season.

For me, Nolan is not good enough, Skuse will probably be done come the end of the season, Dozzell not proving himself yet when he really should be at this level, Bishop has injury problems.

So when you look at it we have Downes, Huws (injury prone) and Judge. Dozzell and Bishops situation is the reason I would only bring a loan in, if they can prove themselves fit and ready to be main stayers in the team then maybe we dont need anyone else

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:53 - Jan 13 with 1951 viewsPilgrimblue

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:48 - Jan 13 by ITFC_Forever

Maybe they had other reasons. For me it's a plus all round. If we can't afford to sign or none available then loans are the best option.
Josh Earl signed.... on 12:02 - Jan 13 with 1917 viewsunstableblue

I more concerned whether he is a good player and will add something to the automatic promotion push.

If he's here to the end of the season then I don't see a problem with a 1-11 squad number. Can't see anyone else coming in on a permanent.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:05 - Jan 13 with 1899 viewsMrTown

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:26 - Jan 13 by kizaitfc

I think we could lose Nolan and not replace. Probably the only position we can afford to do that.

Hopefully we persist with 3-5-2 but Judge is very good in that no.10 role. Can't see Szmodics coming hear to sit on the bench.

Not sure he gets in front of a fit Bishop.

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:10 - Jan 13 with 1871 viewsDyland

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:52 - Jan 13 by kizaitfc

I think we have quantity over quality in the midfield areas, think it needs to be addressed at the end of the season.

For me, Nolan is not good enough, Skuse will probably be done come the end of the season, Dozzell not proving himself yet when he really should be at this level, Bishop has injury problems.

So when you look at it we have Downes, Huws (injury prone) and Judge. Dozzell and Bishops situation is the reason I would only bring a loan in, if they can prove themselves fit and ready to be main stayers in the team then maybe we dont need anyone else

We also have El Mizouni, Dobra if we go to a four, and some more decent prospects coming through.

Now, I will eat my hat, but maybe just maybe there are signs of Lambert planning along the lines of Evans' plan, and it's not all total guff. Obviously there is a lot of guff, but hell, I can be a little positive after Saturday, even though there's probably a slice of luck re injuries etc. Every single successful manager and team have some luck though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:10 - Jan 13 with 1867 viewskizaitfc

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:05 - Jan 13 by MrTown

I think we could lose Nolan and not replace. Probably the only position we can afford to do that.

Hopefully we persist with 3-5-2 but Judge is very good in that no.10 role. Can't see Szmodics coming hear to sit on the bench.

Not sure he gets in front of a fit Bishop.

I think the key part you state yourself a "fit Bishop", can we really afford to take the risk relying on his fitness.

I think we have seen it too many times this season where injuries and match fitness has really costed us.

A fully fit ITFC squad wins this league, an unfit team where we are having to play the likes of Nolan, Skuse and Dozzell on a weekly basis because the others are not fit struggles to get promotion.

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:11 - Jan 13 with 1864 viewskizaitfc

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:10 - Jan 13 by Dyland

We also have El Mizouni, Dobra if we go to a four, and some more decent prospects coming through.

Now, I will eat my hat, but maybe just maybe there are signs of Lambert planning along the lines of Evans' plan, and it's not all total guff. Obviously there is a lot of guff, but hell, I can be a little positive after Saturday, even though there's probably a slice of luck re injuries etc. Every single successful manager and team have some luck though.

Dobra is a winger so doesnt effect our CM count, I also imagine these two are likely to go out on loan to get some more game time

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:11 - Jan 13 with 1859 viewsGirthyguy

Maybe he didn't want to go back to a club that's all but relagated and decided to join a top end league one club. No brainer really.
Josh Earl signed.... on 12:12 - Jan 13 with 1855 viewsDyland

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:11 - Jan 13 by kizaitfc

Dobra is a winger so doesnt effect our CM count, I also imagine these two are likely to go out on loan to get some more game time

Point is we have options.

Nolan's form took a nose dive for whatever reason, but he hasn't become a crap footballer.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:14 - Jan 13 with 1840 viewsflimflam

He got injured at Bolton.

"Earl, who had a spell on loan in non-league with Lancaster City in 2017, joined Bolton on loan in the summer but picked up an ankle injury on the opening day which sidelined him until November"
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 12:15]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:16 - Jan 13 with 1823 viewsrickw

Reading Bolton forums they saw him as a ball playing defender with potential, who needs to improve physically. He was signed on loan by their previous manager and aren't really utilising his ball playing abilities in the situation they're in.

Preston fans see this loan in the same way we saw Downes + Woolfenden's loans - it will get him the senior football experience so he's ready for their first team - I highly doubt we'd be able to buy him after the loan.

I first thought like some others "wtf we're loaning players from Preston now!!" but he does seem the perfect fit for the 352 system we're currently playing - a 6"4 ball playing left sided centre back/left back

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:16 - Jan 13 with 1811 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:14 - Jan 13 by flimflam

He got injured at Bolton.

"Earl, who had a spell on loan in non-league with Lancaster City in 2017, joined Bolton on loan in the summer but picked up an ankle injury on the opening day which sidelined him until November"
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 12:15]

What’s that got to do with Bolton sending him back?

It’s probably best we just wait and see how he does, seeing as I doubt many of the board have been frequent Preston or Bolton viewers in recent times...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:18 - Jan 13 with 1804 viewskizaitfc

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:12 - Jan 13 by Dyland

Point is we have options.

Nolan's form took a nose dive for whatever reason, but he hasn't become a crap footballer.

He is not "crap" no, but is he good enough should one of our better CMs get a long term injury.

I personally don't think he is, and if we can bring in another quality CM for competition and cover I would be very happy to do that.

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:24 - Jan 13 with 1738 viewsHerbivore

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:11 - Jan 13 by kizaitfc

Dobra is really more of a number 10 actually so is perfectly capable of deputising for Judge or Bishop. El Miz can cover that role as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:29 - Jan 13 with 1696 viewskizaitfc

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:24 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

Dobra is really more of a number 10 actually so is perfectly capable of deputising for Judge or Bishop. El Miz can cover that role as well.

So should Bishop and Judge get injured you'd be happy to play Dobra there for the rest of the season?

I dont think we can rely on these youngsters to play week in week out in this league.

Josh Earl signed.... on 12:30 - Jan 13 with 1689 viewsBent_double

Josh Earl signed.... on 11:27 - Jan 13 by footers

His Name is Earl.

Earl, Bishop, Judge, who's next, a King, Knight, Count?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024