Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many should Norwood really have...??? 08:55 - Jan 13 with 2738 viewsKeaneish

Some people called it out after the Bolton game and questioned Norwood's finishing. Saturday was another example of it. When you watch him and Judge's shooting in the warm-up, Judge is far more clinical and when we look at the sitters Norwood has missed during the season, i think that's a fair assessment. How many should Norwood have by now though?

Peterborough x 1 - missed penalty
Bolton x 2 - 2 great 1 on 1s
Wycombe x 1 - header from 3 yards
Rovers x 1 - hit the bar from 5 yards
Accrington x 2 - a 1 on 1 and a swivel from a few yards out

Some easier chances than others but all golden opportunities to be on 17 for the season by now. Have i missed any and will these cost us?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 08:58 - Jan 13 with 2381 viewsRRB

I wouldn't say its a terrible thing. At least he's getting into these positions. Aubameyang at Arsenal misses lots of chances that he should score. But he defo should have more than 10 goals.
How many should Norwood really have...??? on 08:59 - Jan 13 with 2380 viewsitfcjoe

Would be interested to see what his xG output *should* be, suspect it will be somewhere around 15.

EDIT - Experimetnal 361 has it at just under 0.5goals per 90 minutes played - so he has probably scored as many as he should have.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 9:01]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 08:59 - Jan 13 with 2376 viewsStokieBlue

I think another worry is that he was very selfish on at least two occasions and possibly three.

Jackson is always looking if someone is in a better position (sometimes too often) but Norwood is completely the other way.

Some might say you want that in a striker but I think he perhaps needs to work on that as well as his finishing. He should have scored 3 and assisted say least 1 on Saturday.

Still, he's got a number of goals so it's also hard to be to critical.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

(No subject) on 09:01 - Jan 13 with 2361 viewsMrTown

Could have evidentially had more.

On 10 at this stage though (Norwood & Jackson 18 goals and 7 assists between them).

Could quite possibly break 20 goals AGAIN.

Very clear to see why he has scored so many goals.

I also love that he is a proper 5hithouse.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 9:06]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:02 - Jan 13 with 2337 viewsITFC_Forever

Not saying it's right, but it's just how some strikers are.

Score a decent number, but also miss a lot as well.

And he's playing at this level for the first time in his career - there's a reason for that.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:03 - Jan 13 with 2337 viewsPJH

I think that you are under estimating at 17 'golden opportunities' but although obviously nobody scores with every opportunity that they get I think he takes about 1 in 4 of what could reasonably be called chances.

It might cost him more than us because it might be that there comes a time when there are are two strikers considered more likely to score than him.
(No subject) on 09:04 - Jan 13 with 2314 viewsStokieBlue

(No subject) on 09:01 - Jan 13 by MrTown

Could have evidentially had more.

On 10 at this stage though (Norwood & Jackson 18 goals and 7 assists between them).

Could quite possibly break 20 goals AGAIN.

Very clear to see why he has scored so many goals.

I also love that he is a proper 5hithouse.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 9:06]

Virtually all those assists are Jackson's.

Norwood isn't great on that front.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:05 - Jan 13 with 2292 viewshampstead_blue

It's a problem we've not had for a long time.

I'm pleased he's got where he has. Maybe his injury and confidence of the team have caused him to be less relaxed in front of goal.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:06 - Jan 13 with 2282 viewsSitfcB

I’m not really fussed about the misses as long as he scores one and we win, like on Saturday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:07 - Jan 13 with 2278 viewsSomethingBlue

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 08:58 - Jan 13 by RRB

I wouldn't say its a terrible thing. At least he's getting into these positions. Aubameyang at Arsenal misses lots of chances that he should score. But he defo should have more than 10 goals.

Yes, something I like about Norwood is that he shows up from first minute to last even if he's been having a shocker, and still puts himself in positions where he can make a difference. It's an underrated quality.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

(No subject) on 09:07 - Jan 13 with 2266 viewsMrTown

(No subject) on 09:04 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Virtually all those assists are Jackson's.

Norwood isn't great on that front.

SB

I'm glad, love a selfish striker.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:08 - Jan 13 with 2262 viewsMetal_Hacker

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:06 - Jan 13 by SitfcB

I’m not really fussed about the misses as long as he scores one and we win, like on Saturday.

Have to agree . If playing two up front and one of them scores I think it's a good return so long as the result goes in your favour. Play two up front and neither score but miss a shed load ....different story. Fine line I suppose

Poll: If it were one or the other

(No subject) on 09:09 - Jan 13 with 2255 viewsBLUEBEAT

(No subject) on 09:07 - Jan 13 by MrTown

I'm glad, love a selfish striker.

He wouldn’t have many goals if Jackson was a selfish striker.

How much would you love Norwood then?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 9:09]

Poll: W or W

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:10 - Jan 13 with 2241 viewsitfcjoe

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:07 - Jan 13 by SomethingBlue

Yes, something I like about Norwood is that he shows up from first minute to last even if he's been having a shocker, and still puts himself in positions where he can make a difference. It's an underrated quality.

He hadn't been in recent weeks and was really noticeable - Lambert being at it on the sideline was a big help on Saturday, didn't give players a moments rest

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:12 - Jan 13 with 2215 viewsIpswichKnight

He missed a couple at Pompey as well, he's a streaky player once he starts scoring he goes on a streak, however he can also go on a long drought as well. That said he's always a handful and defenders know they have been in a game. Were not going to find many better strikers in our price range.
How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:13 - Jan 13 with 2213 viewsGarv

I’ll take the fact that he keeps getting and making changes.

Jackson has also missed a few chances, but he isn’t regarded as a poor finisher.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:14 - Jan 13 with 2200 viewshomer_123

There's a reason he's spent the majority of his career where he has.

His finishing is OK - no more and no less.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:16 - Jan 13 with 2181 viewsKieran_Knows

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:10 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

He hadn't been in recent weeks and was really noticeable - Lambert being at it on the sideline was a big help on Saturday, didn't give players a moments rest

Indeed. It was like when Lambert first came in last season ... I wonder why he has dropped off in recent weeks!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:18 - Jan 13 with 2168 viewsGuthrum

Perhaps his skill as a striker is getting into those positions when he has a shot on goal. A high ratio of converting opportunities to chances. If a quarter of those go in, that's still a lot of goals.

Some strikers are the other way round. Brett Pitman was a good marksman (shots to goals), but did no work to create those shooting chances. McGoldrick, on the other hand, did an immense amount of work playing deeper, but often missed his shots.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:19 - Jan 13 with 2149 viewsSWGF

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:16 - Jan 13 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed. It was like when Lambert first came in last season ... I wonder why he has dropped off in recent weeks!

Think he had the arse on Saturday as his normal jumper/slacks combo wasn't back from the launderette so had to don the full tracksuit ensemble. Carried on into his post-match interviews.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:22 - Jan 13 with 2113 viewsPJH

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:18 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Perhaps his skill as a striker is getting into those positions when he has a shot on goal. A high ratio of converting opportunities to chances. If a quarter of those go in, that's still a lot of goals.

Some strikers are the other way round. Brett Pitman was a good marksman (shots to goals), but did no work to create those shooting chances. McGoldrick, on the other hand, did an immense amount of work playing deeper, but often missed his shots.

I agree that it is an asset of Norwood's to be in the right place to have the chance but the phrase "how did he miss that?" has been heard a few times this season.
How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:24 - Jan 13 with 2089 viewsunstableblue

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 08:59 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

Would be interested to see what his xG output *should* be, suspect it will be somewhere around 15.

EDIT - Experimetnal 361 has it at just under 0.5goals per 90 minutes played - so he has probably scored as many as he should have.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 9:01]

Interesting. 0.5 is not bad. Albeit I agree he does seem to miss a few, its almost like he prefers the instinctive more difficult chances that the one on ones.

With 20 games to go, he's still a chance of a 20 goal haul, which must have been a target.

Did he miss around 4-5 games with his groin injury as well? which probably made him rusty.

Good that Keane is also on a streak; he is more suited to replacing Norwood than Jackson in my view, albeit he came on for the latter on Saturday.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 10:11 - Jan 13 with 1908 viewsKeaneish

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 09:22 - Jan 13 by PJH

I agree that it is an asset of Norwood's to be in the right place to have the chance but the phrase "how did he miss that?" has been heard a few times this season.

I think if we look at that list in the OP there's 5 points we could have taken from rivals or rivals at the time which would have us sitting at the top of the table with a game in hand. Tranmere fans called it and said he needs 1 in 3 or 4 which puts extra emphasis on creating the chances in the first place.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. He'll need to be more clinical to see us over the finishing line and to make the step up. His movement and some of his build-up play is easily Championship level - i'm hoping he can get a bit sharper in the games that matter, starting tomorrow.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 10:47 - Jan 13 with 1820 viewsusm

Darren Bent used to miss loads, but he did ok.
Hes a goalscorer and gets into goalscoring positions, he'll hopefully score more as his confidence grows. If he was a lot more prolific he wouldnt be in Div 3.
Hes doing great and winds up opposition defenders which is another plus.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

How many should Norwood really have...??? on 10:49 - Jan 13 with 1814 viewsbraveblue

He will probably get 20 in the season. Jackson the same. If so, it will be the first time for years. Let’s just be happy he is getting chances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024